need a mods help with a 'trusted' author...

Menoetes

Adjective Abuser
Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a problem with an author, nothing that should get them in trouble but I would like it if they could have their trusted status on one of my stories revoked.

The Author is tercesrepus. At first their additions were good. They were descriptive and took the story places, I was happy with these additions. I had set an automatic trusted status on the story 'An Open Mind' so after I had accepted a few of an authors contributions they wouldn't require me to keep approve threads and could create without fetter, tercesrepus had met those conditions admirably, but not anymore.

I'm not sure what happened. Their writing has gotten lazy; the additional chapters are short, unimaginative and lead nowhere. I cannot even delete these threads - my only option would be to completely re-write them, which I'm not interested in doing. I would really like to be able to deny these threads until tercesrepus returns to their previous standard of writing.

Can a mod please help me with this problem?

I eagerly await a response...

Can't you remove his trusted status yourself? In the stories page, go to the option "View writers" on An Open Mind, select "edit role" for him, and demote him from trusted to writer.
Or does that not work?

As for deleting the threads, you can report them and ask a moderator to remove them, explaining why you want them removed.

I'd send them a message, airring your concerns about their recent work and say that if they don't improve their threads then they'll be demoted from trusted to writer.

Always better to give a person a chance to redeem (and defend) themselves than to just smack them down. You don't know what's going on in their real life, there could be any number of issues resulting in their writing taking a hit.

I'd send them a message, airring your concerns about their recent work and say that if they don't improve their threads then they'll be demoted from trusted to writer.

Always better to give a person a chance to redeem (and defend) themselves than to just smack them down. You don't know what's going on in their real life, there could be any number of issues resulting in their writing taking a hit.

Yes, trying to get in touch with the writer and giving him a chance to defend himself before doing anything else is probably the best thing to do.

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a problem with an author, nothing that should get them in trouble but I would like it if they could have their trusted status on one of my stories revoked.

The Author is tercesrepus. At first their additions were good. They were descriptive and took the story places, I was happy with these additions. I had set an automatic trusted status on the story 'An Open Mind' so after I had accepted a few of an authors contributions they wouldn't require me to keep approve threads and could create without fetter, tercesrepus had met those conditions admirably, but not anymore.

I'm not sure what happened. Their writing has gotten lazy; the additional chapters are short, unimaginative and lead nowhere. I cannot even delete these threads - my only option would be to completely re-write them, which I'm not interested in doing. I would really like to be able to deny these threads until tercesrepus returns to their previous standard of writing.

Can a mod please help me with this problem?

I eagerly await a response...

And here it is, from me. (My current password for the account you refer to doesn't seem to work on these forums.)

On-topic, I see nothing "lazy" about my writing. Also, while my chapters/threads may be shorter than some, I see this as a positive more than negative; Some write seemingly-endless pieces that really add nothing to the story, while others (myself included) might say that not doing/writing much in one thread leaves that many more possibilities for what can happen in succeeding threads. (I thought part of CHYOO was in favor of stories with many threads by many writers that take the stories in many directions.)

Lastly, while everyone clearly has a right to their own opinions (perhaps no bigger defender of that than me), I can tell you recent experience on the site tells me there are many less-imaginative thread-writers on it than I. (Including some who post verbatim the same exact thread, title & all, several places in the same story, as well as different ones.)

Gunde: Thanks for the info, it is as you say and it's good to know. Thanks again.

BenjiDude: That's good advice, but now the author has partaken in this discussion. So I guess things have a way of working themselves out.

Tnadnuder: I'm not going to argue it with you, and I'm not blocking you from adding threads to my story. I'm just giving myself the option of returning threads (with constructive feedback) if I feel they need more work. That's my prerogative as the lead author, creator and editor of the story.

Neither am I going to argue writing styles or defend my opinions; they are my own. As I said previously, your writing has been fine in the past and I have accepted the additions gratefully, it is your more recent additions that I have found wanting. You are right when you say there are many less-imaginative thread-writers than yourself on Chyoo and rest easy, I won't be approving any work I deem unacceptable for my story from any of them either.

As far as I am concerned this is the end of this forum thread for me, I have found the help I have requested (with thanks), I have said my piece and I do not feel the need to defend myself. If you wish to argue, you may do so with yourself or anyone else who will indulge you.

It will not be me.

I'm just giving myself the option of returning threads (with constructive feedback) if I feel they need more work. That's my prerogative as the lead author, creator and editor of the story.

Neither am I going to argue writing styles or defend my opinions; they are my own. As I said previously, your writing has been fine in the past and I have accepted the additions gratefully, it is your more recent additions that I have found wanting.

Nothing has changed about me, my writing style, or its quality... So I am wondering what has changed regarding you, whether or not it involves any of these same areas?

Back