opioids kill more USA people

shouldn't all opioids be banned now?

• yes should ban all opioids be now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shouldn't ban all opioids be now

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
The Opioid Epidemic is a triumph of laissez-faire capitalism and the free market.

While Americans were distracted by the "Crack Epidemic" in the late 1980s, early 1990s, the makers of Oxy-Contin and Vicodin carpet-bombed doctors with promotional literature about how "non-addictive" Oxy-contin was.

They managed to hook an entire generation (made up of mostly poor white trash in poor health) on the stuff before someone realized, hey this stuff IS addictive and you build a tolerance for it REAL quick.

The Opioid Epidemic is a triumph of laissez-faire capitalism and the free market.

While Americans were distracted by the "Crack Epidemic" in the late 1980s, early 1990s, the makers of Oxy-Contin and Vicodin carpet-bombed doctors with promotional literature about how "non-addictive" Oxy-contin was.

They managed to hook an entire generation (made up of mostly poor white trash in poor health) on the stuff before someone realized, hey this stuff IS addictive and you build a tolerance for it REAL quick.

All true, but why do you call such people "trash"?

Opium (or any consumable much less narcotics) is produced in and exchanged across a free market??

Since the fuck when??:confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_United_States_drug_prohibition
https://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WhatWeDo/History/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Agriculture

Can you name ANY market in the USA that is laissez-faire???

I bet you can't come up with a single such market.

Help yourself out and go take some classes at the local CC there Texas, you clearly don't understand what laissez-faire capitalism is.

All things the THOUSANDS of pages of regulations and regulators across numerous federal and state agencies that receive BILLIONS in funding every year (government control over the means of production and exchange of products....the exact opposite of capitalism in general much less laissez-faire) are supposed to and have been promising to stop for decades if they just get more funding and power to go get the bad guyz.

Let me guess.....they just need more funding and power!!! Right?? :D

Last edited:
OP:

Opioids are already "strictly regulated and controlled by the government" ....LOL

Banning them won't do anything but make medical care a whole lot more painful creating a black market for painless medical care that the government won't be able to control any better than any of the other shit they have no real control over.

Legalize everything, let the problem sort itself out.

Last edited:
Australia is pulling all low-dose opioid medication from pharmacy shelves by Jan 31 this year. This means anyone who takes these will now need to have a doctor's prescription.
What this will do is clog up the gp offices with appointments that were previously un-necessary.
What it won't do is stop the over-use of opioid medications, because most cases of addiction/overdose are through the use of prescription-only drugs like oxy and vicodin.
It's a knee-jerk reaction to a very, very small drug problem.

What they should be doing, is going after meth/ice. Those cause much, much more catastrophic carnage.

Yeah, 'cause on top of Obama-Care, let's just go ahead and ban all modern medicine while we're at it, and really fuck some shit up. That'll teach those drug pushers and junkies their fuckin' lesson.

Hey, while we're at it, here's another off the top of my head. I stopped at a light the other day and some asshole nearly rear-ended me at about 60, let's go ahead and just ban all traffic lights, too. That'd be fuckin' splendid.

No, let's not do that. Let's instead use our brains for once and look at the real problem here. What's the problem, you say?

People.

People are the problem. The ones who choose to use drugs in a manner other than intended. Does that mean we should just go full Hitler and ban all people, too? No. It simply means that people need to be smarter. How? Effort. Concentrated. Effort. Little common sense goes a long way, folks.

Think about it. Would you blame the baby when some dumb teenager gets knocked up on prom night? No. You'd out the responsibility on on the teenagers. Both of 'em. Why? Because it takes two to tango, sweetheart, that's why.

Yet, people still feel the need to blame the drugs or the guns, or whatever else when things go to shit rather than placing the blame where it belongs. On the people who choose, if their own free will, to misuse 'em.

Takin' away opiates, considering that their used in just about every kind of modern medicine we have today, would quite literally put a lot of people in a lot of pain, and solve tow things: Jack and shit.

Last I checked, Jackie skipped town a long ass time ago.

Edit: Apologies if the teenage pregnancy scenario breaks any rules. No at all my intention. Nor do I intend to rile folks up for the sake of it.

Last edited:
The only "reason" this is now a problem is because it has moved to middle-class white America. Why wasn't it a problem before?

Australia is pulling all low-dose opioid medication from pharmacy shelves by Jan 31 this year. This means anyone who takes these will now need to have a doctor's prescription.

OR what they will now need is only: sufficient cash to buy from their local dealer

BB's point I think.

as of jan. 1
il passed a law
stating drs can
only prescribe
opioids following
major surgery.

msN has recently
undergone skin cancer
surgery and has several
gaping leg wounds that
she now has to treat
with tylenol because...
drug addicts.

same shit with ephedra.

we are allowing drug
addicts to dictate what
drs can prescribe to
patients that can actually
benefit from those
medications.

The only "reason" this is now a problem is because it has moved to middle-class white America. Why wasn't it a problem before?

It's always been there champ.

Do you think this JUST happened?

It wasn't a problem during the Obama administration because (D)'s didn't want it THAT problem highlighted.

You can try to race bait this all you want but the statistics don't lie....the only colors involved here are red, blue and green.

Last edited:
I know I constantly talk over your head. It is OK...

Race baiting isn't talking over my head buddy.

Your attempt at racializing the opium problem is not only verifiable bullshit but transparent and weak too.

Try again, preferably with something close to factual this time. ;)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-pettys-cause-of-death-accidental-overdose-w515472
After months of speculation, a medical examiner has ruled that Tom Petty died of an accidental overdose, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner. The Hall of Fame musician had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl, oxycodone and generic Xanax. Other medications included generic Restoril (a sleep aid) and generic Celexa (which treats depression).
Fentanyl = opioid
Oxycodone = opioid

as of jan. 1
il passed a law
stating drs can
only prescribe
opioids following
major surgery.

msN has recently
undergone skin cancer
surgery and has several
gaping leg wounds that
she now has to treat
with tylenol because...
drug addicts.

same shit with ephedra.

we are allowing drug
addicts to dictate what
drs can prescribe to
patients that can actually
benefit from those
medications.

Doctors over-prescribing a highly addictive painkiller is the cause of this problem.

As for your wife's cancer, just treat it the same way mAnn treated his liver cancer and all will be well. :)

Doctors over-prescribing a highly addictive painkiller is the cause of this problem.

As for your wife's cancer, just treat it the same way mAnn treated his liver cancer and all will be well. :)

so, the solution
is to be prohibited
by law to prescribe
medication because...
drug addicts.

it's the same stupid
goddamn circular logic
applied to guns.

moron.

so, the solution
is to be prohibited
by law to prescribe
medication because...
drug addicts.

it's the same stupid
goddamn circular logic
applied to guns.

moron.

No need to sign your name, mAnn.

How is it circular logic if I start from the top and work down? Learn definitions of terms before using them.

I carry a few Hydrocodone or and/Tylenol #4 with me everywhere I go.

I don't take them unless I need them. If you ever had kidney stones you would understand.

The truth is I hate the damned things.. When i have to take them they make me fill bad and are bitch to come off of, makes me feel like I have the FLU!:eek:

I carry a few Hydrocodone or and/Tylenol #4 with me everywhere I go.

I don't take them unless I need them. If you ever had kidney stones you would understand.

The truth is I hate the damned things.. When i have to take them they make me fill bad and are bitch to come off of, makes me feel like I have the FLU!:eek:

Dude, if you're having the DTs and withdrawals, you're not taking them "just for the pain".

mAnn thinks drug addicts are to blame for the abuse of prescription drugs. heh :)

Poor Mr mAnn doesn't get his pain killers :(

Back