Teaching her to fly. (Closed for choklatekoneko and myself)

Firmhanded_Daddy

reborn in flame
”I need this done yesterday Nate! I know this isn’t your area of expertise but that doesn’t matter. The job still need to be done. Figure out how to fix it; now!”

He drew a deep breath as he trudged up to the library. It was raining and his dry cleaner was going to charge him extra for these mud stains. With an inward groan he walked up the steps to the library. The dark, light trench coat swayed down against his calf muscles as he pulled open one of the double doors of the front entrance.

He drew a deep breath to try and find his calm. Running his fingers through his short, wet brown hair, it didn’t really make an impact on his appearance, but it was a nervous habit. This time of year with all the sun the close cropped hair was closer to blonde in some places than brown. His skin and goatee showed similar amounts of the sun’s kiss. His face and hands were all that were visible in the large coat but both were a light almond shade. His facial hair was neatly groomed, but nothing would tame the wild colors that were naturally occurring within. Brown, blonde, and red all mixed in the short trimmed goatee.

With a shrug of each shoulder his arms pulled free from the coat. He hung the large garment from the nearby coat rack and let out a sigh of relief. The coat had done it’s job in protecting the garments beneath. He wore a dark black suit with white pinstripes, it was tailored to fit him and hung perfectly from his broad shoulders. He was a fairly large man simply by structure, though he took his time to assure that his body really fit the frame. When he undid the button of his suit jacket and pulled the garment off his shoulders it was all that much easier to see his broad chest to match the shoulders, and the thick arms that filled out the sleeves of the dark blue shirt. His hand flicked to the blue and black vertically striped tie to make sure it was sitting in the right place.

A quick survey of the stacks found him in the right section. He expected the IT section to be a handful of “Windows for dummies” and nothing more. He should have remembered that this was a college town. He gave a low, soft curse as the tower of IT books stared back at him. This was going to take forever. No chance in hell he had the time, or desire to go sifting through all these books to find what he needed. Turning on his heels he set off to find someone who worked here.

That proved harder than he would have thought. This place was huge and he got lost about four times before finding his way back to the front door and the desk facing it. When he finally did he cursed himself for not stopping here first. Here stood a young, beautiful woman lifting stacks of books, then sorting them by category to be placed back where they belong. He definitely should have stopped here first.

She seemed unaware of him for the time being, and so he watched her in silence. Something about her tickled a part of him. He knew what part that was, but left himself wondering why was she coming off that way? Why was this woman appealing to that visceral, animal need to claim a woman as his, to mark her, make her his property, to accept nothing but her total obedience, and in turn to give her so many gifts in return.

It was the Dominant in him who was looking her over through those green eyes. Apparently it liked what it saw. A rumble started in his chest before he realized it. He covered up the growl by pretending to clear his throat and then he spoke in a gentle, deep tone.

“Forgive me Ma’am but I was wondering if you could help me find a certain book.”

Cassie Sayer

Cassie Sayer had been working at the library for a year. It didn't come with benefits or a car like some of her friend's work places, but it was where she felt most at home. She could be herself and not put on a front about anything.

She supposed things had been okay since she moved to the town. She made friends, and it wasn't so...hard to fit in. She kept to herself, only going out when asked.

This morning, the boss was out for the day and she ran the library on her own-which wasn't hard, considering everyone had their own computers, and nobody read books anymore....

Like she did.

She opened the library at nine on the dot, her outfit for the day simple- her curly hair in a loose bun on the top of her head, a long-sleeved shirt that slid off one shoulder, a deep maroon color, a pair of dark jeggings that hugged her curvy figure, and a pair of brown boots. She only had a pair of studs in her ears and a bow necklace-her belly ring was hidden by her top.

The day was slow, only a few people coming here and there. The normal thing. She put books up and read magazines, playing on the computer occasionally to pass the time.

She heard the faint ding as she pulled the cart behind the desk. She didn't turn. Most people didn't need help, and if they did, they knew where to find it. Most people came to read a newspaper, or get on the computers, and occasionally have a book to check in. She turned her back as she began to sort out the books, categorizing rather quickly, putting a dark strand of curly hair behind her ear.

The throat clearing caught her attention, and she froze, turning quickly as she saw the tall..rather built man before her. She put on a small smile, realizing he could have standing there for some time. She had to look up a bit to see into his face-being only five three had some difficulties.

“Forgive me Ma’am but I was wondering if you could help me find a certain book.”

She felt a small shiver go down her spine. She ignored it. Her smile went a little brighter, her black eyes shimmering a bit.

"Sure. What exactly are you looking for?" She asked him softly, tilting her head.

Well wasn’t she a cute little thing? He looked her over slowly and couldn’t help but smile. She also seemed to be flirting with him, which was rapidly improving his mood. His shoulders relaxed and it took him a moment to remember what the name of that title is he was looking for.

“Oh, um. I don’t remember who it is by, but the title is “Fedora RedHat 15th edition.”

The way she looked at him only made him smile all the wider. She was certainly lovely, and there was just something about her energy that made him smile. He could just feel it, though he lacked the words to properly phrase it. Suddenly the stress of the day seemed to run off his shoulders like so many rain drops. The whole nature of his body language changed. The set in his shoulders relaxed he was just, mellow for the first time in a long time.

“Sorry I am sure you are busy, it has been a long time since I have been in a library. I could use the card catalogue but honestly? Forgot how to use it. I guess that is the price I pay for working so closely with computers, the library is a lost art for me.”

He watched her working and tilted his head with a smile.

“This is terribly forward of me, and tonight I am going to be doing a lot of work but would you like to go to dinner with me some time? There is just something about you, it makes me smile and I would like to get to know you better.”

For a long moment, she just watched him...watch her. She tilted her head the other way, her full, glossed lips pouting just slightly-in a bit of thought.

A habit of hers.

She waited for him to speak again, and as she did, she glanced over his body-he appeared to be very well built, with a handsome face. She bit her lip softly, her dark, black eyes roaming, but not obviously. She was very observant. She saw the different colors of hair in his goatee, the slight wetness of his hair. She glanced at his eyes, seeing the deep intense green, and it made her tilt her head the other way, admiring, wishing her eyes were more vibrant.

“Oh, um. I don’t remember who it is by, but the title is “Fedora RedHat 15th edition.”

As she heard his voice, her smile went a bit wider as she nodded softly. She had seen it a few times-almost no one checked it out. She had to admit, it didn't look particularly interesting, and wondered why he would need it. She saw his body relax, and that made her relax a little bit more as well-normally, around new people, she was uptight, self conscious. But she felt oddly at ease with him....a perfect stranger.

“Sorry I am sure you are busy, it has been a long time since I have been in a library. I could use the card catalogue but honestly? Forgot how to use it. I guess that is the price I pay for working so closely with computers, the library is a lost art for me.”

She really wasn't that busy, but didn't interrupt him. It had been quite a while since most people had been a library willingly. She was used to people forgetting. Most people's library cards have even expired, and she was willing to bet his has too. As he spoke, she typed in the name of the book, and clicked search. It showed up rather quickly, and she wrote it down on a tiny slip of paper.

“This is terribly forward of me, and tonight I am going to be doing a lot of work but would you like to go to dinner with me some time? There is just something about you, it makes me smile and I would like to get to know you better.”

As she heard his words, her head moved up slowly. She was surprised. For a number of reasons. She hadn't really been asked out like that before, and she wasn't expecting it. She blushed deeply as she looked down, focusing on writing down the rest of the information as she fought back a big grin. She walked from behind the counter and bit her lip, finally looking back into those green eyes.

"Well...I-sure. I would like that. I could...give you my number, if you'd like." She said softly, her voice shaking a bit. "Or...I could have yours....either way." She said, her blush deepening as she played with her fingers. "Here...I can show you where the book is." she told him, brushing past him as she walked towards the correct section.

Last edited:
The woman seemed to relax more and more as she noticed the stress melt away from his body. That was a good thing. He could not deny that there was something intriguing about her that made him want to learn more about her, to know more about her. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but in all honesty the why did not matter right this moment. It would reveal itself in time, perhaps after dinner.

She had remained mostly quiet, working away at the task at hand as he made idle chatter, but when he had mentioned dinner; that had gotten her attention. When their eyes met he couldn’t help but grin toward her. He was putting himself out there a little but he had a good feeling about the young woman in front of him. Her body language was not closed off. When she had taken the time to look him over she had enjoyed what she had seen.

"Well...I-sure. I would like that. I could...give you my number, if you'd like." "Or...I could have yours....either way."

She looked down, it was hard to tell from the midnight hue of her skin but it appeared to him that she was blushing! Oh that simply pleased him beyond reason. He wanted to laugh, but it was not the cruel laugh of derision, it was pure joy bubbling up from the depths of his being. Oh she was more than interested and that changed everything.

As got up and told him she would show him to the book he simply nodded and followed. If she took the time to look back at him she would see him smiling at her, there was a spring in his step and a vibrancy in the way he moved. It had nothing to do with the blasted book, and everything to do with her. He spoke and when he did there was a rich tone of warmth in his voice.

“Well you are likely going to get my number when I have to renew my library card, however I would like to have yours as well if you don’t mind?”

He kept a moderate distance from her, not wanting for her to think he was some sort of creepy stalker guy. It wasn’t easy however, he found himself wanting to be closer to her, to close the distance and trace his fingertips over her ebon skin. Patience, Nate. One thing at a time.

She blushed.

She saw him, and blushed. She couldn't help it. It...was so rare she had gotten asked out, and even more rare when she accepted it. In all honestly, she didn't even know why she had. She usually didn't....making up some kind of excuse. She hadn't been on an actual date in.....well, forever.

She tried not to show her nervousness as she brushed past him, making it obvious not to look at him either. She played with a strand of her dark hair as she made her way through the stacks, she heard his steps, and couldn't help but turn back to look at him for a brief moment. She saw his pearly whites again, and smiled brightly back at him, a small blush once again, coming to her dark skin.

After a few turns and long walks down hallways, they managed to get to the book. She reached for a stool, and stepped on it rather quickly, but even with the stool, she had to stand on her tippy toes to reach the hard book. She slid it out of the row, and stepped down, his voice sounding much more..peppier. She couldn't help but smile at him as she tilted her head once more.

“Well you are likely going to get my number when I have to renew my library card, however I would like to have yours as well if you don’t mind?”

She nodded again, as she motioned for them to walk once more. She turned, walking backwards, knowing the library well enough to not even stumble.

"Um...that's great. I would love that. I can write it down before you go, if that's alright?" She asked softly, as they reached the counter. She walked back behind, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Back