Music and Icebreaking

L0tus

The Sweet Heart
Hello there,

You know when your favorite song comes on and your hips begin to sway with the beat. Your finger curling inward to meet your thumb to snap to sync with the beat. The rhythm begins to use your body like a marionette while mirroring the vibrations of the music with hums.

If you'd have me, I'd like to chat about music. I don't consider myself to be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to this subject but learning something new is always alluring. I've a taste for all genres and I'd love to extend my palette.

I obviously enjoy the sensations of music but I'm sure there are other things to rival my musical pleasure.

To finish off with an ice breaker, I've been itching to ask what you listen to when in deep erotic thought or actions? Hmmm. This question may be more of an ice melter more than anything.

Music for a sensual evening

There are so many choices! Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Kenny G, Winston Marsallis, Barry White. Take your choice. It really depends on my mood. But as a rule, the older jazz and blues artists are the best.

There are so many choices! Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Kenny G, Winston Marsallis, Barry White. Take your choice. It really depends on my mood. But as a rule, the older jazz and blues artists are the best.

I don't know most but I must say that I couldn't agree more with Billie Holidaybeing on your list. Any songs you'd recommend in general?

Here are a few

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Autumn Leaves, Blueberry Hill, the movie score from Rome Adventure, and Moon River. Music definitely turns sexy into sensual.

I couldn't agree more but I'd like to say that music gives mundane actions such mystical allure.

I guess I missed the mark since I was going for seductive but I'm sure on my behalf someone will be able to hit the bullseye.

You were on the mark.

Seduction and romance are tied together. You can't have one without the other. Can you have candle light, soft jazz, wine, and the companionship of your lover without both? They require thought, desire, and effort to be romantic and seductive.

A romantic coupling is always the most fulfilling without a doubt. Although the notion of putting a more carnal form of seduction into work can make one melt into a mess.

The carnal form of seduction is why we're here

Music has its place in it. A gentle touch, a soft kiss, scent, and taste. For me, all are essential to the experience.

I don't know if you've ever seen any x-art videos but I do enjoy that they spice things up with music interlaced with the arousing scenes.

Only problem is things go bad that song is tainted

I consider myself pretty lucky to be able enjoy musical without bad memories interfering. I know a few friends who walk out of rooms over certain bands playing.

Have you ever been able to override any of those songs with new memories?

I may be strange but I enjoy sharing a song with someone.

I do a lot of singing... I'm not very good but I don't embarrass myself. I have done a lot of flirting with ladies by finding out what songs they like and playing them while softly singing. I find if they join in in any way...Dancing, humming or anything, you have made a connection.

They say that music soothes the savage beast....I think it can also slowly awaken it.... Feed it.

I wish more men would dance too...Dancing with a lady to a song you both like can be AMAZINGLY erotic.

I can remember one time I took a bet that I could do it for real..
I was dancing/flirting with one of mine and the wifes female friends and while we were dancing I was singing gently in her ear....Yeah...She had to stop us because I was taking her to close to doing something we might have regretted.

The right music at the right time can do wonders. ;)

Seems like you really know how to use music as a tool of seduction. Love it!

I think men definitely need to take a page from your book. I was leaving a party and a guy who I previously had a crush on requested a dance outside. He grabbed my waist and began to sing. It was flattering but odd since his girlfriend was inside.

I also like using dancing as a form of socially accepted intimacy. I can't very well sit my female friends on my lap (Well...Thats a lie...I sometimes do) and cuddle them...So I dance with them.

Its often not sexual...Just intimate.

For a night of easy conversation, I think any soft music can fill the bill. Sinatra or Nat King Cole probably work best on a variety of levels...but there are lots of more modern ballads that work just as well. For dancing, I prefer slow songs, since they provide a ready excuse to hold the girl in your arms...and, if you don't step on her toes, it seems to inhibit the "fight or flight" response.

For seduction, a well-timed segue into Ravel's "Bolero" can work wonders. (One possible snag: timing can be a bit tricky, especially if you can't loop the more intensely building parts to vamp until you're ready to cue the climax.)

Last edited:
There are a million things I like but I find I want something quite specific for that "magic moment" when I take matters into my own hands :)

For me, I find that She Wants Revenge, particularly their first album, is perfect for handling my business. It is powerful enough that it keeps me moving at a steady pace, but impersonal enough that it doesn't distract me from the task at hand. I quite like it :)

There are a million things I like but I find I want something quite specific for that "magic moment" when I take matters into my own hands :)

For me, I find that She Wants Revenge, particularly their first album, is perfect for handling my business. It is powerful enough that it keeps me moving at a steady pace, but impersonal enough that it doesn't distract me from the task at hand. I quite like it :)

I have a feeling your stripper song maybe in there some where!

Out of the few songs I listened to my top 2 would have to be Your Love and Tear You Apart.

Michael Franti song The only thing missing was you. So sensual so Intoxicating

Michael Franti song The only thing missing was you. So sensual so Intoxicating

I don't know why but a while ago, I didn't enjoy the song but now it's pretty good. Officially agreeing with Asa now.

Back