The 12th Annual Literotica Award Nominations: Most Influential Poet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
In this category, please nominate the poet who affected you the most in 2010. Whose poems did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.?

Poet must be an active Literotica member (meaning their account is still currently on Literotica – it has not been removed or cancelled) who submitted stories during the year 2010 (and those submissions must still be on the site).

One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.

I nominate Tzara. He has spent so much time on the forum helping others, he loves to participate in challenges and give feedback and I can't think of another poet who understands form as he does and is willing to teach it to others. His poems are always interesting and provocative. He finds ways to push the envelope as a poet. This award is too often a popularity contest, but Tzara is a real poet who influences so many here at Lit. He really deserves this award!

I nominate chipbutty - she consistently encourages poets and poetry with her constructive criticism and exercises all the while producing her own works.

Angeline would get my vote as in past years but she's been busy with her novel and not here as much as before. I miss her.

There are some beautiful pieces on this site from some truly talented poets - it is a little daunting posting amongst you all. My vote, if I had to choose my favourite or most talented on here would be very difficult.

However, the reason why I am nominating Bulltlr for most influential to ME is because I like her work and the raw element of it. I can see her progression and it gives me confidence. Everyone has to start somewhere and her presence has shown that. She has inspired me to try and push the boundaries, penning a few embarrassingly simple poetry attempts myself. She introduced us (twitter group) to poetry on this site and has got us all plowing through the poetry section right now and enjoying every second. She may not be the best and has a long journey ahead of her but each step has given us all a little thrill.

Last edited:
Totally agree - Tzara is a great poet and a great support. More and more writers/poets on here should follow his lead.

My vote goes to him.

In this category, please nominate the poet who affected you the most in 2010. Whose poems did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.?

Poet must be an active Literotica member (meaning their account is still currently on Literotica – it has not been removed or cancelled) who submitted stories during the year 2010 (and those submissions must still be on the site).

One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.

Well, keeping in mind the criteria, like "active Literotica member... who submitted [poems] during the year 2010," it's actually pretty easy for me: greenmountaineer: the guy's prolific, writes intelligent, interesting poems, contributes to the forum. What's not to like?

For me, personally, he's like the landslide choice for this.

But wait, there's more. :)

I also want to mention Tristesse2, who writes wonderful poems, and who also significantly contributes to the forum. Considering that gm does not write poems that make me want to gnaw my fingers in the way that Tessie does, perhaps I should have nominated her.

Oh, and chipbutty. Damn if she didn't also smack down a bunch o'poems, but in addition she worked her ass off trying to keep the forum viable. And made me cross-eyed with her avatars.

Anyway, personal opine. Why we were asked, I s'pose.

This is hard for me because its a close tie in my opinion between Chipbutty and greenmountaineer. Both are excellent poets and decent internet folk, but on the balance I have to give it to Chipbutty for all her hard work and commentary on the forum.

Sorry greenmountaineer. You missed my vote only by a micron. Please keep up your fabulousness.

so many worthy of nomination, so i will have to go for the poet whom i, personally, find most inspirational, thought-provoking, skilled and interesting - greenmountaineer :)

fridayam, ang, tzara, so many others all make my reading here a rollercoaster i don't want to get off. thanks to all of you people. :rose:

I nominate chipbutty - she consistently encourages poets and poetry with her constructive criticism and exercises all the while producing her own works.

Angeline would get my vote as in past years but she's been busy with her novel and not here as much as before. I miss her.

I second the nomination, or just vote for chipbutty as most influential and quality poetess

After a bunch of consideration, I second this chipbutty nomination. Or third it or whatnot.

Enjoyable to read, ambitious and encouraging to the community. Good stuffs all around.

Chipbutty, Green Mountaineer or Tzara for good quality work and regular input

But who on earth is Bulltir and the person recommending her/him

After reading poetry for three days straight I would like to nominate vrosej10!
There were others I enjoyed quite immensely.... but her poems made my head spin!

Chipbutty--the heart and soul of our Poetry section and a fine and constantly challenging poet.

In this category, please nominate the poet who affected you the most in 2010.

Many poets are deserving, but what stands out to me is the bold in the above statement. I dig her stuff, and she gave this noobie the time of day. Not only that, she has hot eyes and lips--just waitin for some t***.

So chipbutty it be.

teeheehee

Also enjoyed many others, and I thank you for being good as I tried to improve. I learned to love poetry this year due to Literotica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back