New Story Advertisments

dr_mabeuse

seduce the mind
Awhile ago Sweetnpetite proposed a thread where authors could notify readers and other writers of new postings and give a brief description of their stories. It was a great idea, but the thread's since faded into oblivion. This is a resurrection.

Feel free to post notifications and ads for new stories here. Naturally, I'll start.

"In Pharaoh's Boat" http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=97990
This is an attempt to merge sexual and religious fantasies, two big interests of mine, and something I'm trying to find a way to do in a story. I really don't know how well it works and I'd be very interested to know what people think.

---dr.M.

Understanding is a letter by yours truly written after one of the more heart-shattering nights of my life. It's a real insight to my life, if you're interested, and so far has gotten mixed feedback. It's not too long, so if you're willing, take a peek.

My normal submissions are first person fantasies, but i wanted to give those who know me (or would like to) from the forums an opportunity to read the kind of stuff I write outside of literotica.

Waiting is an SF non-consent story. It isn't very erotic I'm afraid, not being primarily in that genre, but hopefully it is a good read. It is an editor's pick.

The main character in the story features also in a much more down-to-earth way in the novel I'm currently writing; a gold star to the first person who spots the connection in the years to come!

Last edited:
Well its not that new, was a May story, but I'm sticking with the concept for another installment slightly differant, so thoguht I'd throw it in the thread.

My little erotic horror short:

http://www.literotica.com:81/stories/showstory.php?id=92151

Its called Demonology : The Cowboy

The demonology since its part of a seris I'm doing about demons, the cowboy becasue thats what he is.

It s a little short about a demon, well actually half demon, picking up a little pray in a 'cowboy' bar, you know the kind in a city where few have probbaly even seen a horse :)

I'd love comments.

Alexandra

Here's my most recent one, "The Witch of Dark Hollow," in the Erotic Horror category:

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=95388

I've just submitted a new one about the Greek myth of Pasiphae and the Bull, hopefully to the Fantasy/Sci-Fi category unless it's judged Extreme. It should be up in a few days, so I'll be back with a link!

Sabledrake

I don't write linearly at all. In other words, I don;t make myself finish story #1 before I go on to #2 and so on. At any time I may have a lot of stories hanging around in various stages of completion, from almost done to never-will-be-done.

I'd say strike while the iron is hot and the juice is up. Go with the new one while it's screaming for you to write it.

---dr.M.

I have to agree with the good doctor.

If you make yourself write something you don't want to, it isn;t going to work. I probbaly have a good 10 stories in various stages. When the time is right more will be written on them, but if inspiration strikes, I will start #11 without even thinking about it.

Eventually I either go back to them, or they die a well deserved death. Like I am writing a long story and mini stories in the same world keep occuring, and with each mini I write the main one gets stronger in my mind.

Write what you want :) Its not a paper with a deadline after all ;) And even if there is a deadline, better to re-start with a new idea than force an idea you don't want to write.

Alex756

Dr. Mabeuse -
I read your pharoah story. It reminds me of Alestair Crowley's enlightenment at the Cairo Museum - are you familiar with this?

Is the onyx table an altar?

Is Vanessa the Earth or is she simply the method by which Re spreads his seed, i.e., is there a reason that Vanessa doesn't appear in the ancinet realm?

The museum is certainly adorned in enough props (Egyptian artifacts) to help facilitate the crossover from modern to ancient times. A clever backdrop for the ancient realm could be painted by animating the couple's surroundings in the musem. The heiroglyphs could cheer while watching Vanessa and Craig - then become the cheering crowds at the banks of the river. The mummy's Ankh could begin to glow - then fade into the shining sun on the Nile. Their cries of passion echo through the halls of the museum - then echos of pleasure rise through the Nile valley. Some sort of convention to help blurr the edges of each paragraph while the story receeds/proceeds from modern to ancient.

Let Vanessa feel the warmth of the Nile on her feet as the power of the spell overcomes her. Let her dress become wet from the river and from the gush between her legs. Let the description be slightly chaotic and not alltogether definite (a' la Gabriel Garcia Marquez). The reader will become as lost in the elements as she is. It would be an astonishing effect.

Also, Vanessa is being fucked by a God, right? What enlightenment does she gain from that experience? How did it help her get over her divorce, her feelings of passion for men, her confusion and displacement?

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

requerdos

Fianlly...

the interminable wait for my latest story to be posted is over. I was in a dark mood when I wrote Rent Day and I think that comes across in the story. I placed it in the interracial love category, but love has little to do with it, and the interracial angle is not the most important part of the story. I could have placed it in the mature category, but once again there isn't very much that is mature about the central characters.

One thing that I am gratified by is that I finally got one of those cool little green Es placed next to the title. Maybe my dark mood is lifting. :)

I appreciate feedback, and I always respond to those who leave an e-mail address.

requerdos said:
Dr. Mabeuse -
I read your pharoah story. It reminds me of Alestair Crowley's enlightenment at the Cairo Museum - are you familiar with this?

Is the onyx table an altar?

Is Vanessa the Earth or is she simply the method by which Re spreads his seed, i.e., is there a reason that Vanessa doesn't appear in the ancinet realm?

The museum is certainly adorned in enough props (Egyptian artifacts) to help facilitate the crossover from modern to ancient times. A clever backdrop for the ancient realm could be painted by animating the couple's surroundings in the musem. The heiroglyphs could cheer while watching Vanessa and Craig - then become the cheering crowds at the banks of the river. The mummy's Ankh could begin to glow - then fade into the shining sun on the Nile. Their cries of passion echo through the halls of the museum - then echos of pleasure rise through the Nile valley. Some sort of convention to help blurr the edges of each paragraph while the story receeds/proceeds from modern to ancient.

Let Vanessa feel the warmth of the Nile on her feet as the power of the spell overcomes her. Let her dress become wet from the river and from the gush between her legs. Let the description be slightly chaotic and not alltogether definite (a' la Gabriel Garcia Marquez). The reader will become as lost in the elements as she is. It would be an astonishing effect.

Also, Vanessa is being fucked by a God, right? What enlightenment does she gain from that experience? How did it help her get over her divorce, her feelings of passion for men, her confusion and displacement?

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

requerdos

Requerdos, if I had two or three more readers like you I would die a happy man. I've never felt that something I wrote connected so totally with a reader, and it feels incredibly great; so great, that I have no compunction about answering you here in public. I had real doubts about even publishing the story because it was so unlike what I usually do and I didn't think anyone would get it. You've proven me wrong and I've never been more glad to be proven wrong.

When I started writing the story, I didn't even know what would happen or how it would happen. I'd been thinking about Egyptian religion and what it might have been like, especially the way it must have incorporated human sexuality into the mix of mystery and worship. It's something we don't see in the Judeo-Christian tradition at all, and I wanted to show that sex has a cosmic and religious dimension. I put this woman in the museum, surrounded her by props, as you say, and just sat back to see what would happen.

What you say about the symbology is true. The fact is that Egyptian mythology and theology is so dense with symbolism and overlaid meanings that it's very easy to just sink into it without a trace. Everything I looked at had meaning upon meaning upon meaning, and there was no way I could get them all in, nor did I even try. A lot of meanings just blew by me, which is fine with me, because I didn't want this to be a lecture on theology. It's tremendously gratifying to realize that you saw meanings that hadn't even occurred to me. *L* It makes me feel like I did write something that was more than even I knew, and that feels so great.

I didn;t give any conscious thought to Vanessa's role in this, as to what she represented. In my experience you can't approach a story like this in that way, deciding beforehand what things "mean" and what's a symbol for what. It has to be a story first. I knew I wanted her to be divorced and distant, in need of redemption, but that just seemed to be the way she should be. I wasn't thinking in terms of symbols.

The rest of it was the technical problem of having her experience sex on two levels, equally real. I just knew I didn't want it to be a dream or anything as hokey as that. I don't care about what's real or not anymore, in what I write or even in my life. I care more about what's sexy and what's alive and what should be real.

As to Crowley: I know I read his "Confessions" years ago, but I don't remember any sort of revelation in a museum. That doesn't mean that I didn't use it without knowing it, only that I don't consciously remember it. I admire and respect Crowley very much, though, and these days have been paying a lot of attention to his Tarot studies. His theories on Magick have always had a big influence on me, so it's not surprising that you see traces of him in the story.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the biggest influence on the story, which is Normal Mailer's "Ancient Evenings", a hell of a book and the one that opened my eyes to the role of sex in non-Western religion. If you liked this at all, read Mailer.

Thanks again, I deeply appreciate the feedback.

---dr.M.

You're right. It's usually more often that the reader develops the meaning and symbolism of a story...and most of the time they are subjective to the reader's perspective. But, perception is reality and that's what makes reading (and all art) worthwhile: what it means to me and what it can mean to our collective perception.

I love Bob Dylan's reply when asked about the cryptic nature of his lyrics (and the correlation to a myriad different topics): "I don't know, man. I only wrote it!". I think he knows just what he wants to convey, but stops short of prohibiting anyone's interpretation. Now THAT's universalism ... a story that can accept and support each and every readers' personal interpretation!

Good readers are hard to find, I'm sure. But, I've not posted, published or circulated anything I've written so I wouldn't know first hand. I'm flattered by your accolades for my readership and only hope that it's reward is your further confidence and inspiration to write more...especially like the Pharoh story.

My interest in Literotica is to discover the psychic rewards of sex. Not necessarily psychic as in "ESP", "telekenesis" or "channeling", but the satisfaction these characters receive to his/her psyche by performing these acts, thinking these thoughts and dreaming these glorious dreams. What release does bondage bring? What pleasure is there in the pain of anal sex? What comfort is there in rape? What boundaries can be discovered in monogomy? And, in particular, what does reading, interpreting and offering feedback mean to me and my psyche? What does it mean to the story's author?

That's the exciting part because Lord knows I find satisfaction in reading the most awful kinds of smut!

Oh, and if perception is reality, then what you think SHOULD be real, actually is. Keep writing about it, maybe it will become real to someone else too.

Now, Crowley. After his Tarot leapt out of my hands for the third time I got the picture: I was not an adequate purveyor of the images. The deck was intended as a gift, so I gave it as soon as I could...and that was that! Since then I've done some studying and would feel more comfortable handling it. The Law of Thelema has influenced my views on everything including sex and religion (why can't they be one in the same?).

I've not read Mailer...absolutely none of Mailer. I'll try to correct that as I'm currently absorbed in a campaign to read the classic playwrites. Just fininshed Goethe's "Faust", next is Don Quixote!

I had a whole lot of other questions about the pharoah story, but they are sort of moot now that I know how it was developed.

I look forward to reading through your cabinet and to further correspondence with you.

requerdos

Aghhh! CW, somthing went terribly wrong! The story lurches into italics after a few paragraphs and remains in italics for the remainder, as far as I can tell.

I can't read italics for any length of time. My italics "reading voice" is a kind of exciting whisper; I just can't help it, it makes me read in a hurried undertone.

Did you intend for this to happen? Maybe you could fix it and resubmit?

---dr.M.

dr_mabeuse:
> The story lurches into italics after a few paragraphs and remains in italics for the remainder, as far as I can tell.
> Did you intend for this to happen? Maybe you could fix it and resubmit?

Actually, I noticed that, but no, I didn't do it. I submitted a .RTF file, which is plain word processor. I use a lot of italics, so it's understandable that the person doing the converting might simply forget a </I> tag somewhere. (I've seen this happen on other stories. Quick check: skip to Page 2; if it's not slanted, it wasn't meant to be in the first place.) I do plan to resubmit, with edits; we'll see if I get better luck next time. And maybe I'll straighten out some of those italics, ha ha ha.

Back