ok, this may be gross, but ladies, HELP

needs2ride

Experienced
ok, in 2 weeks i am meeting face to face with a guy that i have been chatting with for months. truth be known, we will probably end up hookin' up BUT im supposed to be on my stupid period that week. ugghhhhh im not on the pill, in fact, my tubes are tied so i can't use the pill trick. does anyone know of any tricks to make me skip a period??? PLEASE help!!

needs2ride said:
ok, in 2 weeks i am meeting face to face with a guy that i have been chatting with for months. truth be known, we will probably end up hookin' up BUT im supposed to be on my stupid period that week. ugghhhhh im not on the pill, in fact, my tubes are tied so i can't use the pill trick. does anyone know of any tricks to make me skip a period??? PLEASE help!!
I'm pretty sure you can use the pill trick even if your tubes are tied...as long as you are producing hormones, you can use hormones to trick your body.

I've had sex during my period. It's not so bad.. just a bit messy.

Re: Re: ok, this may be gross, but ladies, HELP

Johnny Mayberry said:
I'm pretty sure you can use the pill trick even if your tubes are tied...as long as you are producing hormones, you can use hormones to trick your body.

But not in 2 weeks time. Your body can't respond that quickly to the pill.

Not sure about those shots for birth control (and damn if I can remember what they are called).

If it were me, I would avoid messing around with hormones. Too many side effects.

I have sex on my period all the time. I actually enjoy it more; I tend to be more sensitive and I feel confident enough in my non-pregnancy that he actually comes inside me, which we don't do any other time of the month.

Wear tampons to minimize bloodiness. Have sex in the shower. Take frequent breaks to wash up. Don't count on oral sex--maybe have some vibrators handy to do the job for you. Be creative. Be honest with him--I don't think most guys really care, especially if the female is cool with it. Quit freaking out and have fun!

As a guy, I'd prefer to be told up front if you're on your period. It's no big deal to the majority of us understanding guys. If he's disappointed that you're on your period during that time, obviously he's gonna be a callous bastard that needs to be shuffled to the curb.

WE GUYS UNDERSTAND!

It's a normal biological function that happens regularly. Don't make it out to be a scourge.

If he doesn't or can't wait for your period to end, he's not worth it.

Re: Re: Re: ok, this may be gross, but ladies, HELP

redelicious said:
But not in 2 weeks time. Your body can't respond that quickly to the pill.

Not sure about those shots for birth control (and damn if I can remember what they are called).

If it were me, I would avoid messing around with hormones. Too many side effects.
The emergency contraceptive pill might work, though...(the injectable one is Depo-Provera, right?)

its probably to late for me to get on the pill.... plus my doc probably won't prescribe the pill to me since he knows i've been snipped. normally, i wouldn't be concerned about the messiness, but it will be our first time and want everything to be right, blah blah blah lol

Quint has some good ideas :rose:

The first time I went to see my lover I met online I was near the end of my period. I had told him this would be the case but he said that it didn't matter and that he loved me all the time not part time. I had never had sex during my period before but he wasn't worried at all and we had a great time, we put towels down and had a shower together afterwards to clean up. He even went down on me (just not too far :D ). Since then I've done it a few times, though I prefer not to have my period it's no big deal if I do, an open minded caring guy will not mind as long as you tell him..... :)

Pink Orchid already said it....

Use softcup.

I do, and it works great. Never had a problem with it.

The guy will never even have to know it is there and the great thing about it...they are really comfy. You honestly don't feel them very much.

Have a great time!

~WOK

wornoutkeyboard said:
Pink Orchid already said it....

Use softcup.

I do, and it works great. Never had a problem with it.

The guy will never even have to know it is there and the great thing about it...they are really comfy. You honestly don't feel them very much.

Have a great time!

~WOK

I always call it Instead but it is the same thing. A guy can feel it if he has his fingers deep inside you sometimes but in general they don't seem to notice. I usually tell them just in case.

If you pull an instead out wrong you can be flinging blood all over. You should practice removing them in your own bathroom before attempting it in other peoples. When I first started using them I thought about doing a pictoral on bathrooms I have flung blood in ;) Showers are great places to practice.

Anyway, I take it out and rinse it right before sex and then again afterwards because when you come more blood seems to be expelled.

It holds about a 1/3 cup and can be worn for up to 12 hours, I love them. whoever said you only have 2 tablespoons of blood in your period was seriously deluded (and probably male).

Since I started using them I haven't used a tampon or evil pads. They don't get heavy and hurt like tampons, have that irratating string, or chafe you like pads. AND you can have sex with them in!!!!!! what more could you possible want?

My wife won't even consider it, but in a previous relationship some of the best sex we had was during this time! She was just kind enough to clean me up afterwards. Not a big deal as long as your mate is ok with it. I'm open to most things if my mate shows me consideration. Just don't let me "go down" that might be "a bit of a turnoff". :D

The cup thing is all well and good. I respect why you would not want to have your period at that time. I think I would consider from his perspective you are a woman. Women have a period it is not a disgusting thing it is just a fact of life that can be dealt with in many fasions. Why would you consider trying to hide it? There are many benifits to a woman being at that time of the month. If she is treated properly she can be so tender and emotional. The man unless he is dumb is not likely to say, "Period, thats it no sex for you then!" (I am sure there is a jackhole out there who might) In my observation women crave sex more during a period.Women are more open and honest during also. Is he a man or a boy? Men accept it, boys are afraid of the unknown.

I may be a bad example because as they say I got my Red wings and it ain't from drinking beer. If my daughter or girl friend needs tampons/pads I don't care what the register person or people in line think.

I guess all I am trying to say is if you had a huge pus-filled infected skin blemish down below, time for help, I got to hide it! But to be normal, as much as this is not a good time for you don't even pretend. Be human, that should be what he wants if he spent time online to know you he knew you before he saw you. Some men want a woman for who they are, not a barbi doll.

sorry, I do not endorse the six or twelve month period thing soon to be available either.

originally posted by A7InchPhildo
The man unless he is dumb is not likely to say, "Period, thats it no sex for you then!" (I am sure there is a jackhole out there who might) In my observation women crave sex more during a period.

Damn, I must be the one finding all the jackholes then....

Lust Engine said:
WE GUYS UNDERSTAND!

LOL! I seem to remember a comedian saying something about "How can anything bleed for a week and not die?"....

Sometimes I wonder if we really do understand.

However you are right about one thing. Most guys with any self respect for themselves and their partners, would understand if she's on her period and doesn't want to have sex.

Actually from the sounds of it, as a first meeting, this isn't all that bad. Needs2ride can turn this to her advantage. Despite having months of online conversations, here is the "first" meeting. Her being on her period can give her an opportunity to see how he reacts to her when she's feeling at her monthly worst. You never know how people will mix chemically until you throw in a little problem for them to deal with. There is lots they could do together, including sex. But Needs2ride needs to observe his reactions. Some women love sex during their period, some hate it. Its the same thing for guys. This little problem could be a big bonus for them and for the relationship, or a big downer depending upon reactions.

WOW!! I woke up this morning and had such great advice. Iwent and looked at the Instead Softcups site and it looks like a winner. So, for the ladies who have used them, they don't hurt or feel weird? Secondly, if it happens to be a heavy day (and yall know what im talkin about, lol) is there a possibility that his penis may hit and cause a huge mess?? Just trying to find all the nitty gritty details out. Thanks everyone!!

Like Noor said...

You will want to practice putting them in and taking them out, otherwise it can be a little messy. Also, her advice on the whole shower thing is really good. Thats where I usually take mine out since it can be a real mess if you aren't used to it.

So... just tell him you want to shower first so you are nice and clean. Once you have it in, and you are ready to go...invite him into the shower. ;)

My DH has never felt it (so he says anyways) and all I have ever noticed was a little bit of extra pressure.

My periods are very light, so I dunno about whether they "spill" if you are having a heavy day. My period is super light and I have never even had a little problem. You could try e-mailing the maker and seeing what they say...or maybe Noor will have had experience with this and can let you know.

Have a great time.

~WOK

needs2ride said:
WOW!! I woke up this morning and had such great advice. Iwent and looked at the Instead Softcups site and it looks like a winner. So, for the ladies who have used them, they don't hurt or feel weird? Secondly, if it happens to be a heavy day (and yall know what im talkin about, lol) is there a possibility that his penis may hit and cause a huge mess?? Just trying to find all the nitty gritty details out. Thanks everyone!!

They don't hurt or feel weird in the least, sometimes I even have to check to make sure I put one in. I have strong enough muscles to pop a well fitted diaphrapm out but I have never been able to dislodge these except by using my finger to break the seal then hooking them to pull them out. I can pop tampons too.

I have never had a guy hit the instead and make a mess but that is why you empty it before sex ;) You know the advice about emptying your bladder before and after sex so you don't get UTI's? just empty your insteads then too. I use a new one every 12 hours, during that time when I am bleeding heavily I just pull it out, empty it, rinse it and reinsert. If I am somewhere I can't do that like a public bathroom, I just put a fresh one in.

The other cool thing about them is they hold the blood but don't stop you from getting really wet. Blood always feels like an iffy lubricant, kind of gritty in a way and tampons seem to leave small tears when you are not bleeding heavily.

It is great for oral too. Just rinse yourself after removing or changing it and you should be fine.

Last edited:
wow - I think the guys on this thread deserve a gold star for their answers. I understand how you feel - not wanting to be on your period for the FIRST time and all! My daughter uses those Instead things and LOVES them. Never had a problem. Hope that works for you.

The first time I was with my current lover I was on my period too. Plus I hadn't had sex in about 2 years. I was so bummed out. So I got him really horny THEN told him (lol) But he was very cool about it and actually says he thinks I'm tighter and wetter that time of the month! But years ago I was with this guy who always said NO WAY when it came to that time of the month. So one month I decided to "offer" my ass to him instead. He turned me down flat. Thought that was sick and gay and gross. lol Needless to say we didn't last much longer! (turned down anal sex!??! - go figure.....)

Re: Re: Re: ok, this may be gross, but ladies, HELP

redelicious said:

Depo-Provera does stop the cycle, but it can take a few months to get to that point. I've been on it for a few years now, and as I recall it took about six months until the periods entirely went away.

Sabledrake

Back