Lost Princess wondering if Prince Charmings really exist ?

GoddessMaureen

Literotica Guru
Hello,

I am new to the site and not even sure this is where to post my comments. Yes, I should have looked around and made sure first. LOL..I was lucky enough to post a story here and 1,043 kind folks took the time to read it. Thanks so much. It is the first of 4 erotic adventures I engaged in while visiting an adult website based here in California. I spent years visiting the site on and off and turned down alot of men who were members there only to end up involved with a man who actually works at the website.

I thought I had met the perfect Prince Charming/Knight in Shining Armor/Hero etc..He seemed to be all these things to me and for me. Than all of a sudden, it was over/done. He walked out and took my broken heart with him. He told me he does not believe in True Love or its existence. How could it be real when all of his other women let him down ? As far as I know, I was the one who did not.

I believe in Fairy tales, happy ever afters..Love that lasts..Passion that grows deeper over time..Am I the only one who thinks like this ? Are there no Princes left anywhere ? Is it just wishful thinking ?

Maybe not believing is better after all..

Please tell me what you think..& Happy WED/Hump Day,

Maureen

Interesting that there's a thread about being a gentleman just a few below yours ;)

Perhaps you should check that gentleman out ^^

Welcome to lit though :D

What are you looking for? Specifically I mean, or is it just:
"
Where's the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds ?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed ?"

I'm sorry about the heartbreak - it sucks ass. I'm sure most people here can sympathize with you.

And, while I'm being unusually chatty tonight... tell us more about you?

Knight. Check.
Charming. Sometimes. Semi-Check.
Armor. Double Check.
Prince. (of Darkness?) I could play one on TV.

The older I get, the more I question the satisfaction of a monogamous relationship with one woman. Maybe I just haven't found the right one, but she'd have to be a hell of a person to combine all of the facets that I might desire in a mate. I see so many people in relationships they hate but feel like they can't or just won't leave for one reason or another. I'm thinking poly or open may be the way to go, for me. But everyone's different. Ah, the spice of life.

Hello,

I am new to the site and not even sure this is where to post my comments. Yes, I should have looked around and made sure first. LOL..I was lucky enough to post a story here and 1,043 kind folks took the time to read it. Thanks so much. It is the first of 4 erotic adventures I engaged in while visiting an adult website based here in California. I spent years visiting the site on and off and turned down alot of men who were members there only to end up involved with a man who actually works at the website.

I thought I had met the perfect Prince Charming/Knight in Shining Armor/Hero etc..He seemed to be all these things to me and for me. Than all of a sudden, it was over/done. He walked out and took my broken heart with him. He told me he does not believe in True Love or its existence. How could it be real when all of his other women let him down ? As far as I know, I was the one who did not.

I believe in Fairy tales, happy ever afters..Love that lasts..Passion that grows deeper over time..Am I the only one who thinks like this ? Are there no Princes left anywhere ? Is it just wishful thinking ?

Maureen

You're not the only one who still holds out hope of a Prince Charming, believe me, Maureen. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, no matter how many times my heart has been ripped out and trampled on by a guy I loved. I must be a sadomasochist because I keep bellying up to the bar for more pain and rejection. :( But I still have hope that one guy is out there that will make me feel whole. Sometimes hope is all that keeps you going. I just have to look at my parents to know true love exists. Married on their 3rd date and here they are 35 years later, as madly in love as ever. :) The white knight is out there....he's just taking his damn time in getting to you! Which, if you ask me, is rather unchivalrous of him. *lol*

you sound like you could use someone to talk to. i just sent you a message on yahoo. feel free to chat me up if you're in the mood.

That sounds like a lot for a guy to live up too.

Seem that you may have placed him too high on the pedestal and scared him off.

The truth is Maureen that we live in a world that does not look favorably on the sensitive or the chivalrous. Concepts like Honor are considered laughable and ridiculous, even unnecessary. If a man is kind, he is weak or manipulative.

That being said, most true knights are not in shining armor Maureen. They are in tarnished, dented and blackened armor. Disney teaches every little princess that the Prince or the Knight in Shining armor is handsome and graceful, with golden locks and bright blue eyes, standing proudly and looking fine.

In a world that makes beauty so vital that beauty itself has become common and base, those who possess it being vain and selfishly spoiled, those of us who really are knights are far more likely to have a pot belly and hairless dome.

Do you REALLY want a knight Maureen? Or just a handsome actor who can pretend to be one for the crowd? Do you want the man who will fight for you until his last drop of blood pools on the ground at your feet, or the Football Captain with a case full of trophies to his glory?

Think carefully and be really honest with yourself.

Hello,

Maureen

*sigh*

True Love does exsist, passion does grow deeper over time, however..........as for the Prince Charming part............well leave that one in the storybooks.:rolleyes: Now don't get me wrong there are a few "Prince Charmings" out there, but most turn back into frogs and hop away. LOL

Sometimes the 'White Knights' are the ones we think are the frogs, the ones we don't give a second glance (but really should ;) )..........they are the true heros and capturors of hearts. :)

Just have faith, hope and that special guy will find his way to you.

Last edited:
Thanks Brave :)

Interesting that there's a thread about being a gentleman just a few below yours ;)

Perhaps you should check that gentleman out ^^

Welcome to lit though :D

What are you looking for? Specifically I mean, or is it just:
"
Where's the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds ?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed ?"

I'm sorry about the heartbreak - it sucks ass. I'm sure most people here can sympathize with you.

And, while I'm being unusually chatty tonight... tell us more about you?

Thank you Brave,

So very kind of you to reply to me. I did see the nice gentlemens thread above mine and had been thinking of posting this but was to timid until I saw his words. Thank you for welcoming me.

I found what I was looking for, a Prince then he misplaced me. Yet after 3 and a half hour IM with him today I have hope he will remember where he left his Princess.

I guess I was interested in what you all thought here about Princes/true love etc.I really appreciate the replies.

More about me ? I write,act,dance..shop way to much..Love animals, movies, great books..and time spent well with friends. I have been called way to sweet..so much so that if you lick me you will get a toothache. :) There is nothing I would not do to help a friend in need. Nothing. I think pleasing a man is the very best thing I could ever do.

Me in a nutshell. :)

Thanks,

Maureen

Thanks Rune

Rune,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me and all of us. I know some great people in poly relationships or open ones and they do just fine :) I found one Prince and perhaps I will find more..I am not willing to settle for what if...but what I want :)

Happy Thurs & Best O luck/happiness in your search,

Maureen

Knight. Check.
Charming. Sometimes. Semi-Check.
Armor. Double Check.
Prince. (of Darkness?) I could play one on TV.

The older I get, the more I question the satisfaction of a monogamous relationship with one woman. Maybe I just haven't found the right one, but she'd have to be a hell of a person to combine all of the facets that I might desire in a mate. I see so many people in relationships they hate but feel like they can't or just won't leave for one reason or another. I'm thinking poly or open may be the way to go, for me. But everyone's different. Ah, the spice of life.

You know it's just as bad for us guys looking for a Princes and such ;_;

But that's probably just me been looking for Years now for someone to love who loves me but mostly the best I can do is online stuff due to massive social awkwardness IRL and girl's don't approach me and I'm far too scared to approach them so I have myself locked in a circle till someone comes and saves me.

EDIT: Also I would love to be with a lady like 2 of the ladies in this thread :(

Last edited:
Thanks HighlandLassie :)

You're not the only one who still holds out hope of a Prince Charming, believe me, Maureen. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, no matter how many times my heart has been ripped out and trampled on by a guy I loved. I must be a sadomasochist because I keep bellying up to the bar for more pain and rejection. :( But I still have hope that one guy is out there that will make me feel whole. Sometimes hope is all that keeps you going. I just have to look at my parents to know true love exists. Married on their 3rd date and here they are 35 years later, as madly in love as ever. :) The white knight is out there....he's just taking his damn time in getting to you! Which, if you ask me, is rather unchivalrous of him. *lol*

Thank you HighlandLassie, (Love the handle name too)

Thank you for letting me know that those of us hopeless romantics are not a dying breed. Like you, I too have had my share of heartache and heartbreak..but I would never wish I didn't have the memories of happy times spent with those men, even if the times of happiness were all to short and semi sweet :)

That is so wonderful about your parents...35 yrs..Bless them and their loving hearts. Plus they gave the world You..that is pretty cool indeed.

I have not given up on my Prince..he just stepped aside briefly and needs to be reminded of who loves him best/above all ..

Happy Thurs,

Maureen

Hello :)

you sound like you could use someone to talk to. i just sent you a message on yahoo. feel free to chat me up if you're in the mood.

Hi,

I checked my Y and did receive some very nice IM's but did not see yours, sorry. I thank you for your sweet offer..I am doing OKay.

Happy Week,

Maureen

Hi Semler :)

That sounds like a lot for a guy to live up too.

Seem that you may have placed him too high on the pedestal and scared him off.

Hello Semler,

Oh hon I did but at his request..He needed me to tell him every day how perfect he is. I care about him for who he really is..My calling him a Prince/Knight was to describe how he treated me and made me feel.

I do not want someone to live up to a fantasy but to be in fantasies with Me..

Thanks ,

Maureen

Hello Nevyn :)

The truth is Maureen that we live in a world that does not look favorably on the sensitive or the chivalrous. Concepts like Honor are considered laughable and ridiculous, even unnecessary. If a man is kind, he is weak or manipulative.

That being said, most true knights are not in shining armor Maureen. They are in tarnished, dented and blackened armor. Disney teaches every little princess that the Prince or the Knight in Shining armor is handsome and graceful, with golden locks and bright blue eyes, standing proudly and looking fine.

In a world that makes beauty so vital that beauty itself has become common and base, those who possess it being vain and selfishly spoiled, those of us who really are knights are far more likely to have a pot belly and hairless dome.

Do you REALLY want a knight Maureen? Or just a handsome actor who can pretend to be one for the crowd? Do you want the man who will fight for you until his last drop of blood pools on the ground at your feet, or the Football Captain with a case full of trophies to his glory?

Think carefully and be really honest with yourself.

Hello Nevyn,

Thank you for your thoughts and for sharing them with me. I really just want the Prince I have..and he is a real man, not made of Gold or silver..A real man with real issues/problems and a heart/mind that can handle all that and me too. He is the man who has fought for me and will always do so according to him.

I will always believe in honour..I guess I am one of those romantic girly girls..I wanted to be a Musketeer when I was a kid because I believed that job was the best anyone could ever have.

Thank you,

Maureen

Thanks Rich :)

There's a few of us left and running around here.
I think as time goes on, I know the puzzle piece that matches mine is out there.
The problem is there's so many damn puzzle pieces to search through to find it
and days turn into months, and then years.
Still the romantic side of me hold out hope it will happen once again.

Hello Rich,

Great to hear there are more of you out there than some of Us have seen. I really hope your puzzle piece and you will find each other real soon.

Best O luck,

Maureen

Hello Little Dove :)

*sigh*

True Love does exsist, passion does grow deeper over time, however..........as for the Prince Charming part............well leave that one in the storybooks.:rolleyes: Now don't get me wrong there are a few "Prince Charmings" out there, but most turn back into frogs and hop away. LOL

Sometimes the 'White Knights' are the ones we think are the frogs, the ones we don't give a second glance (but really should ;) )..........they are the true heros and capturors of hearts. :)

Just have faith, hope and that special guy will find his way to you.

Little Dove,

You almost made me cry reading this..You are right..I always tell my lady friends to not turn down the nice guy for the bad boy..Look beyond the shine and glitter and find the real worth within..I say the same to my male friends...Open your eyes and someone special is right there.

My Prince is one of those "frogs" you wrote about .I wouldn't change a thing about him as I swear even tho he says he is not, that he is perfect. Plus he is my hero too.

Thanks and Happy Thurs,

Maureen

:) Hello and Hugs Dire

You know it's just as bad for us guys looking for a Princes and such ;_;

But that's probably just me been looking for Years now for someone to love who loves me but mostly the best I can do is online stuff due to massive social awkwardness IRL and girl's don't approach me and I'm far too scared to approach them so I have myself locked in a circle till someone comes and saves me.

EDIT: Also I would love to be with a lady like 2 of the ladies in this thread :(

Dear Dire,

Thank you for your kind words. I am smiling now. So kind of you indeed. I suspect it is the same with men looking for their Princess's. I wish you luck in your search and that you both find each other at the same time..staring into each others eyes and saying "I have been looking for you..."

Please do not give up on yourself..I bet you are worth more than you think you are. Think positive and always remember..he or she who dares..wins :)

Hugs,

Maureen

Good fortune on your search, Goddess. I can understand where you're coming from, having recently been on the receiving end of a breakup not long ago. I'm too old for the bull and too young to give up. Someday we'll all find what we're looking for...

Hello Macguffin :)

Good fortune on your search, Goddess. I can understand where you're coming from, having recently been on the receiving end of a breakup not long ago. I'm too old for the bull and too young to give up. Someday we'll all find what we're looking for...

Hi there,

Happy Weekend..Yes I agree..someday we will all find what we are looking for. If we keep our hearts open and minds too...I was battered a bit but am feeling stronger everyday. I am one of the luckier ones though as we started out as friends first..than our "thing" and now back to being friends. I think.

Do not give up on happiness or fairy tales..There is no reason you can not have what you are looking/searching/hoping for..I almost gave up..Don't do that to yourself. :)

Happy Friday,

Maureen

Good evening!

I was going to send you a PM, but you seem to have them turned off...

So, I figured I'd just say hi here.

happy?

or less unhappy?
I saw your messages oh-so-late last night and couldn't think of anything to say, although I felt I had to write something. Maybe I'm the last person you want to talk to-- I'm no knight, and I've been the other half of a quite functional married couple for nearly 28 years now. I'm no knight, because after everyone has gone to bed, I come here to flirt.
What can I advise? There are knights out there, but don't overlook the toads-- they, too, can make you happy. Two people should always give each other space to breathe-- otherwise, you'll both be miserable. Trust, and be honest. Oh, I bet I could write a book of this stuff. Really-- because in relationships, and in many other familiar tangles, cliches often have a large stone of truth. A heavy stone-- but not so heavy that you can't manage to carry it.
I trust you're doing better now, since you haven't posted today. PM me if you want to chat. Good luck.

Hello Brave

Good evening!

I was going to send you a PM, but you seem to have them turned off...

So, I figured I'd just say hi here.

:)Hi Brave,

Helllloo to you and many thanks..I did not know that I had the option of turning them on or off, pvt messages..Thank you for telling me that is was off..It is now ON..Thank you. Guess when they have "virgin newbie" next to my handle here they are sooo right. I did not even think to look at the edit options button. My bad indeed.

Thank you for my special Hello :)

Happy weekend Hugs,

Maureen

Thanks Dave :)

or less unhappy?
I saw your messages oh-so-late last night and couldn't think of anything to say, although I felt I had to write something. Maybe I'm the last person you want to talk to-- I'm no knight, and I've been the other half of a quite functional married couple for nearly 28 years now. I'm no knight, because after everyone has gone to bed, I come here to flirt.
What can I advise? There are knights out there, but don't overlook the toads-- they, too, can make you happy. Two people should always give each other space to breathe-- otherwise, you'll both be miserable. Trust, and be honest. Oh, I bet I could write a book of this stuff. Really-- because in relationships, and in many other familiar tangles, cliches often have a large stone of truth. A heavy stone-- but not so heavy that you can't manage to carry it.
I trust you're doing better now, since you haven't posted today. PM me if you want to chat. Good luck.

Dear Dave,

Hello and thank you for posting to me. I appreciate it so much. I never overlook anyone if I can help it. I am a huge believer in honesty..I can not even tell a white lie to be kind to someone. (Just ask my sis and she will tell you that..LOL ) All I asked my beloved Prince was to be honest..I do not want him to change, change his ways or life..to buy me anything fancy or even give me gifts..all I asked was that he be honest with me. If he was unhappy tell me..he was the Master in our relationship and I was the loving Sub. At least we can IM without hurting each other. Or so I hope. He swore we'd always be "great friends" so I am hoping he keeps his word to me on this if nothing else. I will happily carry that "stone of truth"..I could not live without the truth/honesty.

I am glad you come here once everyone has gone to sleep...for if you had not than I would be denied your kind and intelligent words of wisdom. Thank you for sharing them with me.

Happy weekend hugs,

Maureen

BTW: I posted this on the authors page but some folks say it is hard to find. Yes I know this is not the place for it..but risking it just once..

The link to the first of 4 stories I hope to post here :

http://www.literotica.com/s/my-erotic-adventures-on-a-sex-site

Thanks for having a peek :) Happy weekend !!

Thanks Everyone :)

Hello all & Happy Tuesday,

I can honestly say when I first came to the site my heart was in pieces due to my Prince. I had almost given up on Fairy tales and real Prince Charmings..Yet since I have been here, posting this thread, posting the story..I have received some amazing messages from members here asking me to not give up there are REAL men worth finding and fighting for.

Thank you all for all the kindness,advice,caring and support..

Hugs and Happiness,

Maureen

Back