Immigration, jobs and the recovery.

We didn't want those jobs.

:eek:

We want to enjoy our right to education for 26 years and then step straight out of Academia to at least the vise-Presidential level, if not CEO or COO...

We want to enjoy our right to education for 26 years and then step straight out of Academia to at least the vise-Presidential level, if not CEO or COO...

*chuckle* Those degrees in Classical Languages just isn't worth what it used to be.

Ishmael

We need more laws!

;)

We'll teach those evil corporations the value of a degree in Women's Studies!

I once received a resume from someone who had a degree in "Interpersonal Relations."

Well that's because Native Americans (especially male ones whose invading ancestors came from Europe) are obviously unsuitable for college.

The only hope to save America is to import more unskilled, uneducated masses from South of the border. Only they have the courage to "Dream."

Forget all about that funky shit and learn how to play guitar!

Ha! Start a Band

I recommend starting a Cumbia one.

You, Vetty and Ish don't seem to be in any particular hurry to find gainful employment.

I guess you guys have "differing priorities".....

(I'd pay good money to watch the three of you pick strawberries for a couple of hours)

I'd like to see where the tech sector in the U.S. and Ishmael's 401K would be today without immigrants.

I'd like to see where the tech sector in the U.S. and Ishmael's 401K would be today without immigrants.

You mean without the systematic disenfranchisement of males of European extraction from academia?

Just keep educating the "right" sort of college applicants and you will continue to import engineers.

You, Vetty and Ish don't seem to be in any particular hurry to find gainful employment.

I guess you guys have "differing priorities".....

(I'd pay good money to watch the three of you pick strawberries for a couple of hours)

Because of course immigrants are only good as fruit pickers?

I have known quite a few good welders, heavy equipment operators, loan officers, realtors, construction supervisors, small business owners, jewelers, pawn brokers, and apartment owners.

We could throw open the border tomorrow and some of the DNC's voters will be able to compete in that job market. Most wont.

The goal in encouraging illegal immigration is to turn the spigot JUST enough to distort elections in their favor.

Last edited:

Probably better off, at least for the native workers. There is no real shortage of engineers. But the multinationals figured out long ago that they could bring in H1b workers and pay them significantly less. And that is the reason the hi-tech industry is behind the 'comprehensive' senate plan. It significantly increases the number of H1b's available annually.

And while the H1b's don't technically count as immigrants, they do displace jobs and after they're here for 2 years they go to the head of the application for citizenship list.

The trend started in the 1990's and has been picking up steam ever since.

Ishmael

Forget all about that funky shit and learn how to play guitar!

:D

I usta work in a shipyard where I had 2 basic functions: I didn't mind wading around in the bilges with the shit and dead rats, and I knew the math needed to locate cut holes in the bulkhead for the boilermakers. Ships do not sit level in drydock, so accuracy is a challenge when steel plate don't bend more than 1/16th inch tops.

You mean without the systematic disenfranchisement of males of European extraction from academia?

Just keep educating the "right" sort of college applicants and you will continue to import engineers.
I had no idea that colleges were running out of room for students. Can you provide a cite for that?

Probably better off, at least for the native workers. There is no real shortage of engineers. But the multinationals figured out long ago that they could bring in H1b workers and pay them significantly less. And that is the reason the hi-tech industry is behind the 'comprehensive' senate plan. It significantly increases the number of H1b's available annually.

And while the H1b's don't technically count as immigrants, they do displace jobs and after they're here for 2 years they go to the head of the application for citizenship list.

The trend started in the 1990's and has been picking up steam ever since.

Ishmael

Don't tell them that the imported engineers are Asians. They don't really like to count Asians as "minorities" in need of a "hand up." All the while subscribing to equalist ideologies.

On the other and if it benefits a huge multi-national but justly punishes the right people for their privilege is is all to the good. People born with privilege need to be put in their place, regardless of the content of their character.

I had no idea that colleges were running out of room for students. Can you provide a cite for that?

I found something from the Council of Graduate Schools that says that "Over the 2011-2012 period, first-time enrollment for Whites fell by 0.9%."

Concurrently, "first-time enrollment for underrepresented minorities has increased. Among survey respondents, first-time graduate enrollment rose 7.4% for Hispanic/Latinos, 5.7% for American Indians/Alaska Natives, and 4.6% for Blacks/African Americans between fall 2011 and fall 2012."

It would seem extremely clear from this analysis that grad schools have put up signs stating "Non-Whites Only Need Apply".

https://www.cgsnet.org/us-graduate-schools-report-slight-growth-new-students-fall-2012

I once received a resume from someone who had a degree in "Interpersonal Relations."

Thats when college becomes a 4 year resort.....4 years of fun. And actually, if you have seen some of the new dorms/residences they are building now near/on campus, its truly a resort with a degree like that.

Thats when college becomes a 4 year resort.....4 years of fun. And actually, if you have seen some of the new dorms/residences they are building now near/on campus, its truly a resort with a degree like that.

You're a bit old to be trolling university campuses.

Back