Night Owls

MemphisMan9

Literotica Guru
Two sentences about being one.

When the bands had left the bar, I was still wrapping cables for the PA, thinking the bartender had a worse clean-up than I did. Oh, half-surly dunk at the bar, still, last call was 20 minutes ago.

Karaoke is a crapshoot: either someone will take the best song ever and make it horrible, or vice versa. Every once in a blue moon ladies & gentlemen, beer may have convinced me, I was a genius at my turn.

.... beer may have convinced me, I was a genius at my turn.

I do like that turn of phrase~"beer may have convinced me..."

dark, light, dark The streetlights light, dark, light take on a strobe effect as I race dark, light, darkto join the one who light, dark, light makes my heart sing dark, light, dark and my body rejoice. light, dark, light I leave the everyday dark, light, dark behind and embrace light, dark, light the excitement. dark, light, dark

The Pancake Shop is open all night. Old, paranoid men smoke as the strippers pile in off-shift; and the old, paranoid, former stripper waitress brings me an omlette and hashbrowns with all the sausages running from the plate.

No other Night Owls seems strange to me. I run into them all the time at this hour.

On Thusday nights, at an Irish pub, a jazz trio waits for "the crowd" to show up.
At 11:45, they might as well play, because none of the first sentence makes sense.

Back