How do I get my story moved to a different category?

loveking

Virgin
I want to either get some stories moved to a different category or get them deleted and start again. I’ve tried sending an email to Laurel but other than a spam protection email which I duly followed I have had no response. Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to move or delete stories once they are published?

I want to either get some stories moved to a different category or get them deleted and start again. I’ve tried sending an email to Laurel but other than a spam protection email which I duly followed I have had no response. Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to move or delete stories once they are published?

Laurel doesn't answer e-mails through the site.

It is a feature that does not work yet is left there as some sort of joke.

You can reach her by sending her a pm. At the top of the author's hangout forum you see the thread announcing the nude day contest. Click on her name and send her a PM.

However, if your story is in a category you did not pick she may have put it there and most likely won't change her mind. If you did it by mistake she can probably help.

The other route is to re submit the stories with the word "delete" after the title. After a few days the story will be removed and you can try again.

Many thanks for your reply. I think that the delete and start again option might be the best solution.

Many thanks for your reply. I think that the delete and start again option might be the best solution.

Not necessarily on the issue of category. The editor puts it where she thinks it should go regardless of what category the author chooses. You might just see it go to the same category again.

Not necessarily on the issue of category. The editor puts it where she thinks it should go regardless of what category the author chooses. You might just see it go to the same category again.

You may be right. The op never specified who's error they felt it was.

Moved, no... deleted?

It'd be nice if I could delete two of my stories that I'd written when I first began submitting on Lit. I don't want them there as a representation of me as a writer, but is there any possible way to delete them?

It'd be nice if I could delete two of my stories that I'd written when I first began submitting on Lit. I don't want them there as a representation of me as a writer, but is there any possible way to delete them?

Sure. Just re-submit them with "DELETE" added to the title line and in the Notes field.

Back