GLBT Daily Vibe II

stickygirl

All the witches
"Hello to all of my fellow GLBT’rs!

Since we, on the GLBT board, don’t really have a daily “hangout” thread, I figured we could start a new one. A place where we could come and just talk about anything at all! Share what’s going on in our daily lives, your current mood, or just to check in and say hi to all our fellow GLBT’rs.

Hopefully someone is interested in keeping this thread afloat.. I know I will try!

So who wants to be the first to post? Hmmmm???

How was everyone's day?"

That was how sxxyblueyes introduced the original thread in 2005 - so this is a historical document!! Lets hear what you have today :)

I'll follow the example sexxyblueyes gave back in 2005 but getting this show rolling.

Picking your battles... that's what I'm thinking about today. I take things too much to heart and often find myself lying in bed at night still angry and that can't be good. I've read that meditation can be good for that, so I'll maybe give the old Lotus blossom and incense a swing and see where that goes.

Then I was at a gym class this evening, and yes I was pretty much angry through that too *fuck the meditation - I need anger management* anyway, where was I, oh yes,
nah - you wanna read that pfft. Have a look at this instead :)
tumblr_mehj4gJFsA1qdlhz0o1_500.png

Music: Suzanne Vega ( old but so cool )
Mood: see above
Knickers: best not ask eh?
I feel better already :) Really - it just comes in phases but just don't catch me on the downswing. How will you know? I shimmer in sunlight and my eyes roll back all white :cool:

Last edited:
Transgender Remembrance Day

tumblr_mwisd43Xwo1rx9ovro1_500.jpg

20th November is Transgender Remembrance Day to remember our brothers and sisters who have been killed through transphobia and hate around the world and in our communities :rose:

20th November is Transgender Remembrance Day to remember our brothers and sisters who have been killed through transphobia and hate around the world and in our communities :rose:
Thanks for the reminder on that, SG. I definitely need to remind people on my FB page of that important date.

We're just normal!! I'm getting better in conversations at peeling away people's pre-conceptions about trans women and the look on their faces when you see the realisation that "OMG - you're just a normal person" is so amusing. I don't want to be continually talking about my transition - I just want it over and done with and maybe go back to a normal life, instead of this hybrid status. Ok, so it's a given that my biology will never be quite right, but compared to a lot of other people in society with profound medical problems, I'm walking on sunshine.
Plus today I made a new friend online, so I'm like Yeay!
Here's a post from a very beautiful and sensible trans woman: worth a 2 min listen

http://youtu.be/MkO6fSN5CLk

Mood: Chuffed
Music: James Taylor, Carolina on my mind ( I can play the intro now :))
Knickers: heading for the bath, so none

Hi Vibers and thankyou Stucky for starting the new thread, I hope the day is going well :rose:

I want to start today by saying:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDY DARLING, my heroine, my inspiration, and the person who's strength and courage at a time when times were really tough never wavered. :rose:

I never met you and so wish I could have, your words say it so better than I ever could::kiss:
"I will not cease to be my self for foolish people.
For foolish people make harsh judgements on me.
You must always be yourself, no matter what the price,
It is the highest form of morality"
Candy Darling November 24th 1944 - March 21st 1974

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ocE5QTR13k

music: Walk On The WIld SIde- Lou Reed
mood: tired and emotional
wearing: red satin nightie

Our gorgeous UK diving champ has come out as bi
http://youtu.be/OJwJnoB9EKw
The scum media saying he's gay of course, which loses them even more credibility. Twats.

Today has been incredibly stressful and I haven't known whether to bang my head on a desk or cry. I am resisting the urge to chocolate as that would prob make me feel worse.
I have a gym class tonight so hopefully that will clear my head
Knickers: boy knickers cuz tape hurts
Music: Good idea - lets see iTunes says Foofighters - good choice

Our gorgeous UK diving champ has come out as bi
http://youtu.be/OJwJnoB9EKw
The scum media saying he's gay of course, which loses them even more credibility. Twats.

Today has been incredibly stressful and I haven't known whether to bang my head on a desk or cry. I am resisting the urge to chocolate as that would prob make me feel worse.
I have a gym class tonight so hopefully that will clear my head
Knickers: boy knickers cuz tape hurts
Music: Good idea - lets see iTunes says Foofighters - good choice

Respect to Tom Daly for coming out, the media will always misrepresent such an event. Most reporters wouldn't know the honest truth if it run into them in a 40 ton lorry.:rose:

Don't cry or bang your head, I would suggest loud music and just letting yourself go wild to it! Loads of hugs to you:kiss::heart:

mood: tired

music: No Doubt - discography

wearing: sexy red satin

Nelson Mandela

"No one is born hating another person because of his skin, or his background or his religion. People learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

Amen to the that old fella and RIP - you've earned it :rose:

So my father accidentally left his bottle of water in my Jimmy (red GMC) and it froze due to the insanely low temperatures now that winter has officially arrived. He cut the top off a while ago and puts the remaining ice in my glass of water. The thing is, because of the shape of it, my first thought was: "That looks like a dildo."

I guess it could also look like a missile. Interestingly, my next thought was "love missile". I guess I can't even look at frozen water without my dirty mind interfering with the real world. Lol or omg-you're-lame? =P

So my father accidentally left his bottle of water in my Jimmy (red GMC) and it froze due to the insanely low temperatures now that winter has officially arrived. He cut the top off a while ago and puts the remaining ice in my glass of water. The thing is, because of the shape of it, my first thought was: "That looks like a dildo."

I guess it could also look like a missile. Interestingly, my next thought was "love missile". I guess I can't even look at frozen water without my dirty mind interfering with the real world. Lol or omg-you're-lame? =P

This made me laugh. Always nice on a frozen Thursday like this one.

And no wonder I stopped getting notifications about the thread! Woo! We made it to Thread II! I miss you guys.

Music: The Sheepdogs - Southern Dreaming
Mood: Exhausted, but recovering from a cold, so yay?
Wearing: Nothing exciting. It's too cold for that.

I thought I'd PMd ya, sorry if you got left out, but I hope this means we see more of you. I've always enjoyed your posts :rose:

I'm stupid busy and trying not to fall asleep out of my bed... only another few days to go though before I go home :-\ Don't know if home feels the same anymore - I suppose that's only to be expected... Time to start thinking about gigs for next year. I had a note about Goldfrapp playing next year and I'd love to hear their latest album live but I think I'd just be a complete emo :'-} Then there's the big festivals next year... Glasto is sold out already... Larmer Tree... meh...

Mood: Just tired
Music: Scarlet Tulip - KT Tunstall :heart:
Wearing: the usual comfy stuff - jeans, T, fleece, decks

big love all \o/

Music: Nicole Campbell - Pretty Little Hands
Mood: Freezing and hungry, but both will be fixed very soon.
Wearing: Half my winter gear. Waiting until I warm up to peel off the rest.

No worries, stickygirl! I'd ben meaning to check in again for days now anyway. :rose:

I totally know what you mean about home. We all change. Some more than others! Sometimes we return to something once known and find things don't fit like they used to. Or... something. I think my brain is still frozen.

I'm still cut off from my own family due to continuing immigration red tape. Nearing the end finally, but man. What a long haul this has been. At least my in-laws are awesome, so I'm really lucky in that regard.

Anyway... it's stupid cold here, so I'm going to make myself some hot Tang and eat dinner... and write! :D It feels good to be writing everyday again.

-diz :rose:

Mood: Exhausted, but also content and relaxed
Wearing: Flannel pajamas and a comfy blanket
Music: Blue Rodeo - Dark Angel

Just a quick post to say hello. I hope everyone's Friday was a good one! Mine is good just by virtue of being nearly done! ;) Now to cuddle up in bed and see if my muse will speak to me.

It's been a proper Brit winters day: lots of lumpy wind and rain, but not enough to stop me venturing out sailing with the boss - and we didn't capsize! Yeay. It's such great exercise and Pilates is a perfect accompaniment, because sailing is all about core strength :p Doesn't do any harm to my waistline either :)
All the same it is quite hard work and I've been struggling to keep my eyes open reading so... I will bid you all a happy week ahead and say goodnight from the UK. Enjoy the rest of Sunday

Mood: tried ( as usual :rolleyes: )
Music: just the wind outside
Wearing: PJs and gown - ready for bed

If I had to bite my tongue every time I read a post here that makes me want to throw stuff across the room then I would probably give better BJs ( in the opinion of some… :rolleyes: )
instead I just cringe and try to think about something else.

I'm nearly finished wrapping things up study wise and I'm looking forward to going home soon. The city is really quiet and the Uni building empty, which is nice because the porters have time to have a chat and even offer you a cup of tea \o/

Mood: Quietly spooked by the empty town making feel a bit lonely
Music: the sound of the street
Wearing: Jeans & a fleece and my adveture-girl waterproof

hope all your courses went well and you get home safely. Have a great Xmas.

Why, why, why did I agree to go out with friends for drinks tonight?? We just got back from a 12-hour round trip drive. All I want to do is sleeeeep. Why is Canada so damn big?

Mood: exhausted :(
Music: Uncharted 2 (killing time until we meet the friends)
Wearing: far more than I intended at this hour!

To every trans* person, not matter if you just lurk, if you're not sure, if you're sure but you're held back, if you've transitioned or if your inner self doesn't get to play enough
You all deserve something that you might not have: so gather round the big camp fire of the trans* tent, give yourselves a hug and know, be certain that love is out there - that you are not crazy and you're definitely NOT ALONE!
Happy Christmas
I know it's early but it's gotta start somewhere :) :heart:

Mood: feisty
Music: whatever you're listening to
Wearing: my goddamn label with pride!!

*grins* I'm not trans, but I want everyone here to know I'm thinking of you this season. Happy holidays, all of you! Even the straight people! ;)

*grins* I'm not trans, but I want everyone here to know I'm thinking of you this season. Happy holidays, all of you! Even the straight people! ;)

Oh yea - totally! You speak up for the lesbians too!! I was kinda thinking that, being as this is a LGBT thread and there are isolated gays and lesbians too, for much the same reasons as trans folk. The interweb is such a great way for people to reach out, especially when you feel like you're facing shit alone.
Straight people :confused: there are straight people on Lit too?! :D

Oh yea - totally! You speak up for the lesbians too!! I was kinda thinking that, being as this is a LGBT thread and there are isolated gays and lesbians too, for much the same reasons as trans folk. The interweb is such a great way for people to reach out, especially when you feel like you're facing shit alone.
Straight people :confused: there are straight people on Lit too?! :D

:D Bi, actually. I just happen to be married to a woman.

I was just explaining to someone the other day how much the Literotica forums and stories helped me figure out who I was, way back when. If not for this safe and welcoming arena where I can chat with lovely people like you and post my stories both erotic and not, I don't know how else I might have found my way without a lot of pain and heartbreak. Or worse.

:D Bi, actually. I just happen to be married to a woman.

I was just explaining to someone the other day how much the Literotica forums and stories helped me figure out who I was, way back when. If not for this safe and welcoming arena where I can chat with lovely people like you and post my stories both erotic and not, I don't know how else I might have found my way without a lot of pain and heartbreak. Or worse.

It's true: I've learned so much here too. It's good to meet people and their quirks before you bump into them in real life - you know? It's all learning - about people and people have gone out of their way to show kindness, which I hope I've passed on myself.
I've sort of pieced your story together, at least I know you've had a hard time with immigration and I know how the accumulation of negative thoughts build up. But you're married now - not necessarily a panacea but you must feel like you have some roots, emotionally at least. :rose:

I should make a point of reading some of your stories and reporting back. I confess I have so much reading for Uni that I don't make as much time as I should but I know how much I got out of writing - and how much I've changed since. I think I'm Bi too although self-imposed asexual is more fitting just now, with the greatest of respect for Asexuals.

In fact ... it's not so late. I'll put the kettle on and track down some bedtime reading :)

It's true: I've learned so much here too. It's good to meet people and their quirks before you bump into them in real life - you know? It's all learning - about people and people have gone out of their way to show kindness, which I hope I've passed on myself.
You do, and very nicely!

I've sort of pieced your story together, at least I know you've had a hard time with immigration and I know how the accumulation of negative thoughts build up. But you're married now - not necessarily a panacea but you must feel like you have some roots, emotionally at least. :rose:
Yeah, it's kind of a weird feeling, to be both settled and yet very much not all at the same time.

I should make a point of reading some of your stories and reporting back. I confess I have so much reading for Uni that I don't make as much time as I should but I know how much I got out of writing - and how much I've changed since. I think I'm Bi too although self-imposed asexual is more fitting just now, with the greatest of respect for Asexuals.

In fact ... it's not so late. I'll put the kettle on and track down some bedtime reading :)

Ooh, do let me know what you think! I've actually just finished chapter three of one of them. Just waiting for a friend to proofread it quickly before I post it. I'm excited! It's my first Lit submission in years!

I remember reading your "Letter to Max" earlier this year. I don't remember if I ever sent you feedback, though. Meant to... :confused:

Merry Christmas to you, Sticky, Dizzy, Stacy and all the LGBT here.

Back