Give a Dolphin a Hand

Hawaii, Dolphin 'asks' diver for a hand removing fishing line wrapped around a fin! Video is interesting.

It sure is. I liked the way the dolfin swam out and then circled back for another go.

Do you ever see the film of that whale being released from bits of a net ?
When finally released, the animal gave a wonderful display of jumping, and so on.
It was really heart-warming.

Back when I was a kid, my grandfather had a for rent fishing boat out of Galveston Texas. There was an old bottle nosed dolphin that hung around where he kept his boat tied up. This thing was all scared up with several slices out of him from propellers.

I'd swim and play with him when I went down for summer vacations. He was always friendly and never aggressive. One evening something kept hitting the side of the boat. We went up on deck to see the old dolphin butting the boat back by the swim/boarding platform.

My grandfather went out on the platform and knelt down, the dolphin swam up and rolled over right next to him. There was a big stainless steel shark hook through one of his side fins. Grandpa got a set of bolt cutters and cut it in half.

You talk about acrobatics. SeaWorld would have been impressed.

Found this, part book review and part....?

‘Wet Goddess’: Malcolm Brenner’s Semi-Autobiographical Story of Man – Dolphin Sex & Love

Brenner cautions anyone seeking a romantic relationship with a dolphin: “You have to plan an exit strategy,” he told NZ3. After he and Dolly were separated, she died shortly thereafter from what he believes was a broken heart.

“As self-aware mammals, dolphins are capable of making profound emotional attachments to other dolphins and, apparently, to selected humans as well,” he told the Huffington Post. “A dolphin can die of loneliness, of a broken heart, of separation anxiety.”

At the time, Brenner was not breaking any laws by carrying on a sexual relationship with Dolly. Bestiality has only been illegal in Florida since earlier this year. Brenner says his two ex-wives knew all about his affair with the animal and approved. His daughter even designed the cover of Wet Goddess.

Simply AMAZING!

I love to hear tales like these.

I was hoping that this was about some Miami Dophin linebacker who needed a hand job.

Dolphins form ‘life raft’ to help dying friend

Dolphins-make-life-raft-screencap-615x345.png

Scientists have observed a group of dolphins in the Sea of Japan using their bodies as a life raft to buoy up a dying friend. In this video from NewScientist.com, the pod of dolphins was seen to hold a struggling female up at the surface of the water in order to help her breathe.

It sure is. I liked the way the dolfin swam out and then circled back for another go.

Do you ever see the film of that whale being released from bits of a net ?
When finally released, the animal gave a wonderful display of jumping, and so on.
It was really heart-warming.

found it:
Vanentina.

Back