Best Friends

quitehopeless

Virgin
I'm thinking something on the lines of two best friends who meet in high school (male 2 years older than female) end up going to the same college and live in the same apartment. Girl's long distance boyfriend dumps her and the guy comes to the rescue.

I'm thinking something on the lines of two best friends who meet in high school (male 2 years older than female) end up going to the same college and live in the same apartment. Girl's long distance boyfriend dumps her and the guy comes to the rescue.

has he long harboured this lust for her?

Sounds like a nice story

How about he has loved her for a long time, but her feelings for him as just a friend has made him very anxious to pursue her as anything else. He sees his chance when her boyfriend dumps her.
Just as he's making progress, the ex wants to get back together.

How about he has loved her for a long time, but her feelings for him as just a friend has made him very anxious to pursue her as anything else. He sees his chance when her boyfriend dumps her.

So she suggests a threesome! Both guys agree, sure that they will win her over. To their surprise, the guys end up falling in love with each other, leaving the chick alone......Carney

agreed

something like that or the girl starts to realize that they could be good together when he comes to comfort her and she starts flirting with him to get a feel about his feelings toward her and she hopes he makes a move on her. The guy is having an internal conflict with himself debating on whether she's flirting with him or not and decides that he doesn't want to risk losing her as a friend so he doesn't make a move. She takes this as he's not interested. Eventually he decides to make his move, but then he realizes that she's gotten back together with his boyfriend.

This was meant as a romance story and is very loosely based off a couple of friends of mine

One year ago, today, this story idea came to Lit. I'm starting something new (hopefully daily) where I'm pulling up year-old threads in hopes of breathing new life into them. :) Exposure to a "new" crowd (as some of us are newer members in SI now) should give new insights to these older ideas.

I think this idea could become a cute, romantic tale. Perhaps in Erotic Couplings or Romance, or maybe even First Time depending...

This bit from Nakdsub caught my eye:
nakdsub said:

The "Just as he's making progress, the ex wants to get back together" line adds conflict and drama, if the author wishes to go that route. And, if not, the tale remains "cutesy and romantic" with just "one guy and one girl".

Some other elements to think about are, did the two remain friends/close at the end of high school/beginning of college? Did they drift apart some and then happen to run into each other by chance one day at school? Did the guy purposely go to the same college as the girl because of his "almost skalker-like love" for her? (And, if so, does this tale take on a more darker route instead of remaining Romance?)

I'd love to hear input from others and see if we can breathe new life into this idea. Perhaps someone will write up a tale centering around it, too? :)

I have something to add what if the ex boyfriend comes back into the picture and the leading man beats the crap out of him because at one point the ex boyfriend treated the young lady really badly, and i don't mean a small beating either i mean a full blown bloody violent beating.

Back