Member Biographies

ausfet

Really Experienced
What's in yours? And do you like to read other people's bios?

I love reading them. I want to know where people are from, their gender, age, if they're partnered, what they like, etc. Bonus points if they have a picture (of anything). I get a bit disappointed when the bio field is empty.

I have a biography but as with all information on the internet, too much genuine information is dangerous.

<--- This is me pretending to be Henry VIII in a pageant.

I didn't even know there was such a thing. Or maybe I did, and I've since forgotten.

Maybe I should go check mine?

I haven't had any sleep the past two nights, like zero sleep. I think it's catching up with me. Not only do I have bipolar, aspergers and depression, I have really bad insomnia.

<---------that's not me, but is someone I very much admire.

51OthcsxSuL.jpg

<----- Yes, that is me. Okay, okay, it was a few years ago but whose counting.

I love reading them. I want to know where people are from, their gender, age, if they're partnered, what they like, etc. Bonus points if they have a picture (of anything). I get a bit disappointed when the bio field is empty.

One of Literotica's problems is that we can't edit our profiles. On User CP it defaults to 'Change Password'; on the Old Control Panel we can edit but the changes cannot be saved; on the New Control Panel we can edit but the changes cannot be saved with the message 'Can't save profile. Server error'.

Last edited:
One of Literotica's problems is that we can't edit our profiles. On User CP it defaults to 'Change Password'; on the Old Control Panel we can edit but the changes cannot be saved; on the New Control Panel we can edit but the changes cannot be saved with the message 'Can't save profile. Server error'.

This is why I'm forever 36 ;)

I didn't even know there was such a thing. Or maybe I did, and I've since forgotten.

Maybe I should go check mine?

I haven't had any sleep the past two nights, like zero sleep. I think it's catching up with me. Not only do I have bipolar, aspergers and depression, I have really bad insomnia.

You poor thing :( What a fucked-up pile of conditions.

I was able to edit mine just recently. It took persistence and it didn't look like it worked, but I had a friend check and it had. Sorry I don't recall the exact series of steps, but it took a combination of the Old and New panels to overhaul my bio. The Old panel is I think what worked for the text description. The new one not only failed to save text changes, but messed up unicode translations very badly, which made it especially annoying to fix everything and then have it not save. If your description is too long, it can fail silently (but not always) which makes things very confusing.

I have a biography but as with all information on the internet, too much genuine information is dangerous.

I agree with you regarding the internet. One has to be very careful with giving out information but, having said that, I think you can put some information in a bio on here without being specific. Whether it’s interesting or not would be debatable but anything would be better that “no answer” repeated over and over.

Last edited:

I admire the people who have the courage and freedom to put their real self here on Lit. I wish I could be one of them. There are some people here in the AH that I feel like I know better than most of my co-workers. I regret not being as open with others as they are with me. Unfortunately I work in an industry where I'm subject to background checks and security clearance reviews, and a hobby like writing dirty stories would be a pain in the ass to try to explain. So I keep my cards close to my chest, lest some over zealous investigator (or algorithm) connects my pen name to my real name.

But someday I'm going to retire, and leave all that nonesense behind me. Can't wait.

You do need to think about how much is being revealed of you in your stories. Re that book cover I posted in post #7, a former regular board poster was able to use the content of that book to figure out who I really am. I was correctly called out in private but not in public on Literotica. I hadn't "factionalized" it enough apparently.

You do need to think about how much is being revealed of you in your stories. Re that book cover I posted in post #7, a former regular board poster was able to use the content of that book to figure out who I really am. I was correctly called out in private but not in public on Literotica. I hadn't "factionalized" it enough apparently.

I can definitely see that happening. I can reveal my age, gender, marital status, location and kids and frankly, it doesn't give away very much identifying info, but the content of stories reveals a hell of a lot. I've had someone correctly guess I used to work in a particular field (it was a small, obscure reference about a minor charactert's job that gave it away) and I can generally pick if someone works in a similar field to me.

I admire the people who have the courage and freedom to put their real self here on Lit. I wish I could be one of them. There are some people here in the AH that I feel like I know better than most of my co-workers. I regret not being as open with others as they are with me. Unfortunately I work in an industry where I'm subject to background checks and security clearance reviews, and a hobby like writing dirty stories would be a pain in the ass to try to explain. So I keep my cards close to my chest, lest some over zealous investigator (or algorithm) connects my pen name to my real name.

But someday I'm going to retire, and leave all that nonesense behind me. Can't wait.

I don’t reveal my exact job for various, similar reasons. In the meantime, I remain curious about people who give no info whatsoever.

<- This is me and, yes, I’m a transvestite. I’m not a bitch; I don’t bite and will chat with anyone. My bio is filled out. Some things are best not to tell online, but most everything about me of interest is sprinkled throughout my TS/CD stories if one is wise enough to pick up on them. 🌹Kant💋

Last edited:
I don't put much in my bio and prefer to stick with my online persona for purposes of this site. It's interesting to read what others put in their bios and to speculate about their backgrounds, but my primary interest is in what people have to say about erotic writing and stories.

I don’t reveal my exact job for various, similar reasons. In the meantime, I remain curious about people who give no info whatsoever.

I remain curious about people who did volunteer information. Some of the readers here have significant psychological issues. You don't have to be a doctor to know that - Lit has a few million readers and statistics does the rest. But the subject matter itself seems to be a draw for people with problems and too much free time; it's about the last place on earth where I would have offered up personal details. And it's not just readers; at least one of the writers has what seems to be an undiagnosed but significant disorder of some kind. I'd say there are reasons that go well beyond the aforementioned government interest in my personal details, to be no more specific than a first name.

And keep in mind that Lit, of necessity, gets your IP address every time you visit; they could be monitored, or forced to record and reveal it, if the government cracks down on them for any reason. Like it or not there's underage people visiting the site; if some politician decided to make hay by kicking off an investigation into pedophilia, and despite the fact that Lit goes nowhere near that crap, an awful lot of information could end up in government hands via subpoenas. In the US there are supposed to be firewalls preventing that kind of information from spreading; but these days in the US at least I would not trust those firewalls. And Lit could go under; the website tends to be rickety, which tells me a ton of money is not being made here. The current owners seem very dedicated to privacy, but new owners could see a whole lot of profit in quietly selling what they know. And they'd have every legal right to.

If you think a government investigation is absolutely absurd and laughably unlikely, flip back 30 years and read http://www.sjgames.com/SS/ . A game company was nearly shut down because they wrote implausible science fiction that scared the secret service. In an era where pizza shops are accused of sexual trafficking, it seems to me that anyone can be accused of anything, and someone out there will believe it. Including government officials at times.

It concerned me that it's so hard to change biographies now. I rewrote mine recently, and really had to bang on it to get the changes through. There are probably people here who have revealed too much, tried to change it, and failed. I think that makes Lit responsible if the almost unthinkable happens and some author ends up outed to an employer or unstable fan. If that happens things could end up in court; Lit should have vast interest in fixing those control panels...

None of that is why I changed my bio and made other changes, but if any of you have even a trace of PII on this website, I'd recommend dropping Laurel et al. a note and asking them to replace the text for you. Even with the control panels broken, I'm sure they have direct SQL access to everything and can change whatever needs changing.

Okay, gather round. It's Update Profile time - here's how I just did mine (I think so, anyway):

Step 1 - proceed to the Old Control Panel.
Step 2 - update your bio and save.
Step 3 - log out.
Step 4 - log back in.
Step 5 - proceed to the New Control Panel (yes, we know not all of you use the new CP, you don't have to tell us again).
Step 6 - your bio should now be updated.

Seems to have worked for me. Whether anyone gets notified of the change, remains to be seen.

Okay, gather round. It's Update Profile time - here's how I just did mine (I think so, anyway):

Step 1 - proceed to the Old Control Panel.
Step 2 - update your bio and save.
Step 3 - log out.
Step 4 - log back in.
Step 5 - proceed to the New Control Panel (yes, we know not all of you use the new CP, you don't have to tell us again).
Step 6 - your bio should now be updated.

Seems to have worked for me. Whether anyone gets notified of the change, remains to be seen.

Tried it.

What happened is that the bio on both Old and New Control Panels now show the changes but those changes did NOT appear on my publicly-visible profile.

Back