The Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Contest 2010 Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
Summer Lovin'
themes: warm weather, summer activities, bikinis, etc.
starts: August 24
closes: September 9
winners announced: September 16
(From the sticky Welcome Authors! Please Read)

As before, this thread is to encourage authors to write and enter, to support them when the muses fly away, to sympathise when trolls attack, and to shamelessly beg for votes.

For anyone who hasn't entered a themed Literotica contest before:

The advantages are that once you enter, your entry and all your writing gets more attention, votes, feedback and PCs than it would otherwise get. You also get support from members of the Author's Hangout.

The disadvantages are that you will also attract unwelcome attention from trolls and unenlightened critics. The sweeps of duplicated and illegal votes can cause heartbreak. You will probably curse the marking systems and fail to understand how they could possibly have done that to you. It can be a bumpy ride. If you want to know HOW bumpy, read one of the previous contest support threads.

Please ignore the moaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth that occur in this thread over the contest and voting systems and concentrate on the benefits of writing contest entries. You can use the ignore function to remove those people who irritate you most from this or any thread.

If you really want your writing to improve, critics will be a factor. Entering a themed Literotica contest is one of the easier ways to get noticed.

If in doubt, go for it. You have nothing to lose but your virginity, and if you haven't lost it yet, what are you doing here?

Og

PS. And you could be eligible for the Author's Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest and win nothing but the awe and esteem of your fellow-writers.

PPS. As usual there's a plug for my essay: Entering A Themed Literotica Contest. You will also find helpful advice from others in the How-To section of the stories listed on Literotica. Some of that advice is much more helpful than mine because after all I'm the instigator of the Last Place Contest.

Last edited:
Morning Ogg and once again thanks for starting the madness. ;)

Ok, whose in?

Is in the forum... but not so sure about the contest.... wayyyyyy too much work to get accomplished to do much writing (except the paid for kind).

On the other hand it could be fun to find a way to be qualified by Lit and disqualified by at the same time. I'll have to give that some thought!

I've got an idea for a lesbian, bdsm, non-consent story. Interesting combination. :D

Are you kidding!

you couldn't pay me enough not to play!

So who's up for last place and/or disqualification!

My first story is already in the can and I'm working on a second.

More . . . tentacle . . . sex!!!

My first story is already in the can and I'm working on a second.

More . . . tentacle . . . sex!!!

In the can???? Why did you throw the first one out? There is always last place!

YES! The bad jokes start and the thread isn't even in the teens yet!

No idea if I'll enter or not. Working on other stories but they don't fit the contest requirement. It would be the first contest I've missed since I started entered my first contest here. Always like the quick posts and the chat on the threads. I'll just have to see what my mind wants to do.
DG

[size=+2]THE ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

will be watching...

rule breakers and cheaters will be identified...

past transgressions will be pointed out...

the innocents will be warned...

Gabrielle L.
President
Association of Independent Readers

So many rule breakers and cheaters (as defined not by site officials but by the chief cry baby).

One would think that the definition of a cheater or rule breaker was anyone who wrote a better story or had more talent......

NO WONDER THE LIST IS SO LONG.

Reason number one to avoid the Summer Lovin' Contest:

My first entry will be entitled "Once Upon a Summer Day" a riveting tale of a lass in a red bikini who is well ..let's just say well built and leave it at that and is recovering from the loss of her dog, err wolf, err Magical Fantasy Creature of Legal Age.

Sequel? perish the thought :D

I am going to TRY not to make my summer lovin entry(ies) lesbian-related. I promise, I like men too! Honest!

I'm thinking I might dabble in the taboo arts for the upcoming contest. :devil:

I had a little time this morning, so I'm 9 pages in on the lesbian, bdsm, non-consent story and 5 pages in on a surprise story. There's going to be a lot of heat, sweat, and sex in the latter. :D

Hey Tx, it's all talk unless we see it in print ;) (and I personally can't wait!)

Bound is at the top of my reading list. As soon as I get a minute in between recording sessions. Believe me, I'm in the mood for some kink. I got a lovely work out over the hubby's knee yesterday and I'm still all a'flutter.

Back