Star Trek: The New Frontiers (IC)

LuckyVic

Literotica Guru
Episode 1 "New Civilizations"

Captain's Log Stardate 78019.54 (May 19, 2400 11:58 am)

~It has been one full week since the Federation New Year began and the Chimera was launched. There were times during this final year of construction that I wondered if the ship would ever launch. The first thing that threatened to hold us up was political pressure, since the Chimera is essentially a battlecrusier. Sure her offical disgnation is that of an Enhanced Deterance Explorer, and still has all the scientific equipment necessary for exloration. But when it comes down to it, the Chimera is a ship of war. A fact that still bothers many of the old guard at Starfleet Command as well as many members of the Federation Council. Starfleet is supposed to be force for exploration, not a military one, they say. However several incidents over the past thirty years has shown that we have to be both. First it was meeting the Borg, whom some still say that contrary to their appearant silence for the past few years are still a threat to us. Next is was The Dominion with their alliances with the Cardassians, and the Breen that nearly wiped the Federation out of existence. For every friend we make there seems to be two new threats that are intent on destroying everything we stand for. And now that Starfleet is preparing to begin it's true explorations of the Delta Quadrant and beyond we have to be ready to not only deal with those races that the starship Voyager encountered so many years ago, but thousands of other races that are out there. But I'm getting ahead of myself, even before we can make our first journey to the Orion Arm of the Milky Way the Chimera has to undergo her shakedown cruise, we need to find out what this ship can really do. By the end of the week we will be traveling along the border of Federation territory at warp 9.9 without shutting down. Exploring the area that used to belong the extinct TKon Empire. The new Zero-Point energy tap is simply amazing. Not only do we no longer have to worry about fuel, but the loss of power as it goes to each system is virtually nil. I feel much like a child that has been given a new toy~ End Log

Captain Miguel Torres exited the turbolift and walked out onto the bridge of his new ship. The designers had chosen a retro look for this bridge module, most of the stations outlined the perimeter of the bridge with the Helm, Operations, and then the Captain and XO's chairs being the center of it all. At her station was his first officer Commander A'Lex T'Pol T’Ker. He still didn't know her very well, however what he did know was impressive. She had come up as a Science officer and had already done a tour as an XO. Aside from one little incident, her former CO seemed as if she wanted to Adopt her because she was very good at her job, and will probably be getting her own command very soon. "So how is she handling today?" Miguel asked as he stepped infront of his chair.

Last edited:
The waves of fear were so thick inside of the cockpit that you couldn’t cut it with a plasma cutter. It flowed off of both of them as the fingers flew over the consoles, the shouts back and forth, and the infuriatingly calm voice of the computer counted down the range and time of their deaths.
The shuttle was filled with smoke, the harsh fog filling Alex’s chest as he coughed, fighting to stay focused on the controls. Piloting was his wife’s forte, but he once again cursed himself for allowing her to go on this mission. Nine months pregnant and about to give birth was no time for anyone to go out on a flyby mission, not even one as ‘routine’ as this one.
The computer kept a tally as the ship raced on a collision course with the asteroid below. Alex saw the atmospheric readouts, or lack thereof and instantly felt a race of panic flowing through his heart. He fought it down, allowing his Starfleet training to take over and dictate his movements.
The ship plummeted down towards the lifeless hunk and Rachel’s fingers fought to stabilize the landing, but Alex somehow had seen this before, somehow knew what was going to happen.
The crash was deafening, the entire spaceship shuttered as it skidded along the rock, knocking off the small warp engines and half of the rear of the shuttlecraft. Alex cringed as he immediately activated the emergency shields just in time to see a gigantic wall of rock right in front of the shuttle who’s mass was increasingly decreasing with every inch of sliding, spreading out it’s durtainium hull like it was butter on the hard roll of the asteroid.
Half a second, that’s all that there was before the realization that they were going to hit and the actual impact. He braced himself and looked over at his wife. In her rush to take command and fly she had not activated her restraint harness. He lunged forward and attempted to reach the manual restraint when suddenly he flew forward for an inch, his arm cracking as the ship came to a violent and sudden halt. His eyes widened as he saw his wife fly forward and impact fiercely on the broken view screen. He could feel her pain through the air; feel her anguish and something else, a sudden terror as the shuttle came to a halt.
Alex quickly deactivated his restraint harness and as gingerly as he could, pulled his wife down to the deck and reached for a med pack. He looked down at her as her eyes fluttered; her breath came in shallow wheezing gasps. A dozen medical diagnoses came into his mind before he even dug out the medical tricorder and began his scans.
His eyes wandered over his wife, looking over with an almost detached look when he saw it, a dark wet mess at the crouch of her uniform. His mind opened and he felt pain…. Not just from two but three…
Alex lunged forward, ignoring his own shattered arm and began working, but the scans told him it was already too late. The woman he loved, the mother of his child, and possibly the child itself… No possibly… They were dead... he had failed.
Alex felt a pain in his gut and looked down instinctively. Down he saw the swell of life within him, only suddenly deflating as he felt the fluids and the life flow from him. He was swept in the horror as he watched both his wife and himself slowly bleeding the life force from their wounded abdomens and he screamed silently. Then another pain in the gut… And another… And…

Alex opened his eyes and quickly sprang his arms out to reach for the bouncing young girl on his stomach. His right arm ached with the sudden unexpected movement but he ignored it as he caught the child and pulled her down off of him, all the while feeling the air escaping from his lungs.
He heard a giggle as the young child snuggled next to him and had to clear his mind, reminding himself that it was a dream, only a dream.
“Are you okay daddy?” the light voice came from the child.
Alex looked down, reached down with his hand and thwapped the girl on the forehead lightly. The movement was greeted by another giggle. “Well I would be if someone wouldn’t wake me up by jumping on my stomach!” He said in half serious fury. “I’m just going to have to tickle you and make you pay for it!” He screamed as he turned his body and pinned his child onto the bed, tickling her mercilessly through her pajamas
Kara tried to breathe through screams of laughter as Alex continued to ‘punish’ her for her waking him up, but he was used to it by now. She always did something to wake him up, forever being more awake than he was at any point. Ahh to be a child.
Alex laughed as she kicked uselessly at him before allowing her to get up. She instantly rose and started to jump on the bed. “Daddy, it’s time to get up! Daddy daddy daddy daddy!” She repeated as she jumped, and Alex had to laugh, seeing too much of her mother in that golden haired beauty.
“Okay okay okay, you get dressed and I’ll go make some pancakes.”
“YEEEE!!!” Kara said in that excited tone that only a child could mutter and jumped off the bed, running for her own room. Alex sighed and leaned back on the bed, stretching and sighing, looking over at the small trinket by the doorway, a necklace that was barely visible to anyone but him. He sighed and rose, heading towards the bathroom to get ready for his duty shift.

After dropping off Kara at school and grabbing a quick cup of coffee at the galley, Alex was sitting at his desk at sickbay, looking over the latest duty schedules and reports from the testing crews and his own team of doctors and surgeons. It had been a week since he had transferred here and already he was getting into the swing. Kara had been so excited to run around the ship, discovering everything new and interesting from the first day, but it had taken Alex a little longer.
Every ship was new to him; every mission was a dangerous one. It had been nine years since his wife’s death and his daughter’s birth. Nine years since he had started to live for her instead of for himself.
But Alex smiled at the thought of his daughter’s enthusiasm at the exploration of yet another space borne home. She was a handful and he half expected to get a call from school saying that she had escaped their clutches.
Alex grinned as he looked up as the door announcer activated. “Ahh, Dr…” Alex had to think for a minute “Nashima, how are the viral specimens and containment area looking?”
The small statured doctor looked at him and nodded stoically. Nashima was a good doctor, not too good on the personality portion. “They check out to sects, Doctor.”
“Good, do me a favor, look over the bacterial flux supplies before you go off duty? I have a feeling we may need to go and requisition more from Starfleet.”
Nashima nodded as Alex turned and pulled out a padd. He quickly downloaded all o the information and rose stretched. He picked up the padd and headed out, past his aide, who looked at him strangely.
“Sir, is that the final shakedown medical report to go to the captain?” The raven haired young ensign said, looking at him plainly.
“Yes it is, Megan.” Alex said with a smile.
“Sir, I can deliver that for you, I’m sure you have more important things to do.” Megan said, smiling her little smile that made her one of the sweetest people to know. They didn’t know each other very well, but Alex had a sense about her. She would be diligent but a little too closed in by the regs.
“Well I’m going to take it up to the captain; I need to stretch my legs a little bit.”
“But you’ve only been in your office for the past three hour’s sir.”
Alex smiled and nodded “Okay, you caught me; I wanted to ogle the new bridge, happy now?”
Megan looked at him strangely before smiling and nodded. “Yes sir.”
Alex smiled and turned, heading towards the bridge.

The turbo lift doors opened and Alex stepped in, looking for the captain on the bridge. Finding the man he stepped forward. “Captain, I have the shakedown medical status for you, systems are nominal. One more thing I should mention, all crew has to show up for the physical before we actually head out sir.” Alex said with a smile, fully prepared for a fight on his hands.
He looked over at the first officer. “That includes you, ma'me” He said with a smile, knowing that the Vulcan would remember him but also knowing it had been too long. “Good to see you again, Commander T'ker” he said with a nod.

Last edited:
Commander A'Lex T'Pol T'Ker - XO

"All stations are reporting situation normal. Sublight engines are operating at 99.7 percent efficiency. We are waiting on several other crewmembers to report in, but their ships have not yet docked for transfer. Engineering reports Warp drive will be ready on command. Sickbay reports no injuries or illnesses." Commander T'Ker replied straightening up.

Turning to face the Captain she lifted an eyebrow and stared over his shoulder at the security officer stationed there. A mental note later and the security officer was on report for failing to annouce the Captain. Shifting her stance A'Lex walked over to the science station. She didn't like teh way the human had it reconfigured. It was haphazard and illogical. "This pattern is illogical. If you fail to provide critical information on comamnd.. it will be modified by me."

Looking up as the turbolift opened, she watched as the new Doctor stepped onto the bridge. He was probably carrying contagions or some other vile contagion. "It's Sir, or Commander. Not Ma'am, Doctor. Please remember this is a Starfleet vessel, not a civilian craft."

"I'll schedule the exam when time permits. Which is not right now." Turning back to the Science station she looked over the situation again. If she was human she'd sigh in despair. Looking across the consoles her again she strode over to security. "Why are those access panels open?" she inquired of the watch officer.

When he began to stammer a reply she cut him off. "Send a security detail and find out wjhat's going on."

"Engineering," she demanded tapping her commbadge.

"Yeah? Whatcha need?" replied a rather young and overly enthusiastic voice.

"Are you conducting repairs On Level 6 Section Alpha-One?"

"Uhh.. No.. I'm in Engineering..."

Gritting her teeth A'Lex wondered if she'd beat the number of people she put on report yesterday.

"Security to Level Six Alpha-One, find out why the jeffriy tube hatches are open. I don't have repairs scheduled. Possible intruder. Detain and report." she commanded, coldly. And efficiently.

Alex watched the first officer storm around the bridge and felt the tention and fear flowing from the crew. He had to smile as she reprimanded him, as if he hadn't gotten enough on their last posting.
"Well, Good to see your warm personality and shining humor hasn't faded with the years, Commander." He said with a smile, hearing a few quiet chuckles at the remark as he turned to the captain with a smile.

Last edited:
Captain Miguel Torres- Chimera's Bridge

"All stations are reporting situation normal. Sublight engines are operating at 99.7 percent efficiency. We are waiting on several other crewmembers to report in, but their ships have not yet docked for transfer. Engineering reports Warp drive will be ready on command. Sickbay reports no injuries or illnesses." Commander T'Ker replied straightening up.

Turning to face the Captain she lifted an eyebrow and stared over his shoulder at the security officer stationed there. A mental note later and the security officer was on report for failing to announce the Captain. Shifting her stance A'Lex walked over to the science station. She didn't like the way the human had it reconfigured. It was haphazard and illogical. "This pattern is illogical. If you fail to provide critical information on command.. it will be modified by me."

Miguel nodded this was the part he hated the most was the waiting. However it was to be expected. Many of the crew were coming in from other ships, you didn’t want to many raw recruits on a prototype after all. “I hope the make it on time, we’re scheduled to depart in a couple of hours. And once we leave the solar system we’ll be engaging the new slipstream drive. They’ll never catch up to us then.” He mentioned jokingly.

The turbo lift doors opened and Alex stepped in, looking for the captain on the bridge. Finding the man he stepped forward. “Captain, I have the shakedown medical status for you, systems are nominal. One more thing I should mention, all crew has to show up for the physical before we actually head out sir.” Alex said with a smile, fully prepared for a fight on his hands.

He looked over at the first officer. “That includes you, mama” He said with a smile, knowing that the Vulcan would remember him but also knowing it had been too long. “Good to see you again, Commander T'ker” he said with a nod.

“Thank you Doctor, but you didn’t need to bring this all the way up to the bridge.” Miguel said as he looked at the PADD and then at his first officer, whom the Doctor had just addressed. That’s when he noticed that she was on “the rampage” as it was described by one of the crewmen. They were already saying that Commander T’Ker was the hardass of the command staff. Which actually made Miguel smile, since it they didn’t quite know him just yet. He was tough but fair, but as he watched the XO go about her duties, he wondered if he was going to have to ask her to relax a bit.

Looking up as the turbolift opened, she watched as the new Doctor stepped onto the bridge. He was probably carrying contagions or some other vile contagion. "It's Sir, or Commander. Not Ma'am, Doctor. Please remember this is a Starfleet vessel, not a civilian craft."

"I'll schedule the exam when time permits. Which is not right now." Turning back to the Science station she looked over the situation again. If she was human she'd sigh in despair. Looking across the consoles her again she strode over to security. "Why are those access panels open?" she inquired of the watch officer.

When he began to stammer a reply she cut him off. "Send a security detail and find out what’s going on."

"Engineering," she demanded tapping her commbadge.

"Yeah? Whatcha need?" replied a rather young and overly enthusiastic voice.

"Are you conducting repairs On Level 6 Section Alpha-One?"

"Uhh.. No.. I'm in Engineering..."

Gritting her teeth A'Lex wondered if she'd beat the number of people she put on report yesterday.

"Security to Level Six Alpha-One, find out why the Jeffrey tube hatches are open. I don't have repairs scheduled. Possible intruder. Detain and report." she commanded, coldly. And efficiently.

Alex watched the first officer storm around the bridge and felt the tension and fear flowing from the crew. He had to smile as she reprimanded him, as if he hadn't gotten enough on their last posting.
"Well, Good to see your warm personality and shining humor hasn't faded with the years, Commander." He said with a smile, hearing a few quiet chuckles at the remark as he turned to the captain with a smile.

Miguel had watched the XO as she handled the appearant security issue. “It’s not the internal sensors glitching again is it?” he asked her. They had a similar incident a few days ago, but engineering had sworn they had fixed it already. That was another thing Miguel hated about prototype starships, there were so many bugs that needed to be dealt with.

Last edited:
Commander A'Lex T'Pol T'Ker - XO

"If it's the sensor's again, I'll personally chastise the Chief Enginner. And formally request a replacement for her. Security will provide an answer in a few moments. But no, this does not appear to be sensors. I'm showing two access hatchs open as well as motion." T'Ker replied, straightening up again.

Moving as she did, her hair - maximum regulation length - tended to cover the I.D.I.C. pin that was also her commbadge. One of the few on the crew that had an alternate patterned commbadge. She knew the Klingon in Security had an alternate pattern as well, still hadn't seen it though.

"Shall I investigate this matter personally, Captain?" She finally asked, looking over at him and the Doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Miguel Torres- Bridge

"If it's the sensor's again, I'll personally chastise the Chief Enginner. And formally request a replacement for her. Security will provide an answer in a few moments. But no, this does not appear to be sensors. I'm showing two access hatchs open as well as motion." T'Ker replied, straightening up again.

Moving as she did her hair - maximum regulation length - tended to cover the I.D.I.C. pin that was also her commbadge. One of the few on the crew that had an alternate patterned commbadge. She knew the Klingon in Security had an alternate pattern as well, still hadn't seen it though.

"Shall I investigate this matter personally, Captain?" She finally asked, looking over at him and the Doctor.

"If you feel the need to do so Commander, then by all means." he told her as he walked up to the security station himself. "And if it's one of those damned reporters that were here yesterday, bring them to me. I'll personally kick them out of the airlock." he told her. It was hard to tell if he was joking or serious this time. Miguel wasn't even sure himself.

But after that circus of reporters that he had to deal with yesterday as they gave them and the ship a quick trip around the block was far worse then negotiating with a Ferengi.

Thoras tapped his foot impatiently as he rode in the turbolift up o the bridge. There had been far too many delays in his duty to assume the conn station of this, quite frankly, very impressive vessel. Sure, the transfer papers had gone through quickly enough, but the rest of it was madeningly slow. First there was a transporter malfunction which prevented being beamed into the drydock station. Then there was a delay getting an outbound shuttle as security officers had questioned his choice of luggage. Once they had been convinced that he was supposed to be there, and supposed to have those items, he was allowed to board a shuttle.

Irritatingly slow. Must be a pinkskin thing

Once he had arrived onboard, everything sped up. He was able to quickly deposit his belongings in his quarters, and make for the closest turbolift. Unfortunatly, a power fluctuation caused it to grind to a halt for a good couple of minutes, before starting up again. Annoying. And now, here he was.

The turbolift slid to a stop, and the doors opened, giving Thoras his first good view of the bridge. Impressive, if somewhat dated-looking. He stepped out from the turbolift, immediatly spotting the Captain.

And a Vulcan.

Sure, the Andorians had been in a non-agressive state with the Vulcans for some time now, but the old hatreds still ran deep. At least, they did on the Andorian side. All that Vulcan logic and emotional repression just meant that the Vulcans were as insidious a people as you could get. Probably plotting some way to remove him from his position already, using reports and her position as the ship's commander, Thoras thaught to himself.

There was also another human in a blue uniform standing around, almost looking like she was in a daze. Probably tried to match wits with the Vulcan...

Thoras moved over to where the captain was standing, and stood to attention. "Lieutanant Thoras, reporting for duty, sir" He held out a padd "My transfor papers, sir. I hope everything is in order"

Thoras moved over to where the captain was standing, and stood to attention. "Lieutanant Thoras, reporting for duty, sir" He held out a padd "My transfor papers, sir. I hope everything is in order"

Miguel looked at the PADD and reviewed the orders. Everything was in order, as he expected it would be. He then looked up at the Andorian officer, he could honestly say that he had never worked with Andorian in all his years in Starfleet. "Welcome aboard Lieutent. Ready to get to work?" Miguel said with a smile as he gave the man his hand in friendship.

Lt. Commander Alex Hagen, CMO/Kara Hagen, Curious Empathic Explorer

Kara Hagen – Wandering happily around the ship

Kara Held her daddy’s hand tightly as they made their way through the corridors and bulkheads that up her new home. She had been brought up on space ships and Starfleet facilities all her life, she was a comfortable on them as any child would be on a planet, and as rambunctious as any child could be.
She knew what her daddy was planning. Putting aside that she could sense him and everyone else on the ship through her inherited empathy, she could read her daddy like a pad. He was going to drop her off and head to work, leaving her with her fun time!

She enthusiastically kissed her daddy’s cheek and ran into the school room when they arrived and slipped out of view, listening in with her mind’s eye and following her father’s mind down the hall and around the corner. Just a second until he got into… Ya! He was in.

Kara smiled as she smoothed her civilian clothes and stepped out of the door of the school, rubbing her hands excitedly as she thought of new places she could explore today.

Several hours later she was on some deck, she wasn’t exactly sure where. She had been to sickbay a few minutes before hand, looking for her daddy for something to eat. But he wasn’t there, and she had slipped out as quietly as she had slipped in. Her daddy called it her deflector shields in fact. Just as she felt people’s minds, she could hide her own from other people looking for her. This skill allowed her to know when people were around the corner that she should avoid and to make sure that anyone else who could feel her on the ship was ignorant of her intentions. The only one that could tell where she was always was her daddy. Everyone else on the ship just treated her like a ghost. In fact, the only notice that she had gotten was in the hallways ranged from smiles and nods from friendly Starfleet crew to complete ignorance from others. It was strange, her daddy had pointed ears and he was a teddy bear, but everyone else she saw with pointed ears were very… not nice!

Every step that Kara took was a new adventure as she bounced happily down the hall, looking around corners and inside of doors, which magically came open as soon as she stepped into them. There were a few that failed to open, and she pouted before turning and continuing on her journey.

She caught something out of the corner of her eye. A small handle on an otherwise smooth wall was out of place. She walked over to it and lifted it slowly, examining it with a child’s wonder and smiled as she found three others on the other sides. Quickly her tiny fingers snapped the handles open and the heavy panel swung open with a huff of her strained strength. She looked into the darkened corridor as if it was a portal to another world. She giggled, her golden hair bouncing down her shoulder as she rubbed her chin. There was a new world in there! She was sure that not even her daddy knew about it! Oh what adventures she could have in there, she wondered as she stepped in and began to wander along in the dimly lit Jeffery’s Tube.

Lt. Commander Alex - CMO Bridge
Alex listened to the banter between the staff and looked over at the first officer again. “Hope you’re not looking at me for an order. You out rank me, remember?” He said with a smile. He knew that she did remember him; Vulcan’s rarely ever forget anything. But that doesn’t mean that she would be pleasant. Hell, he had always known her to be a rather icy personality, even for a Vulcan. But Alex shrugged mentally the thought off and turned to feel a new presence on the bridge, a new mind that entered. He looked over at the Andorian who stood at attention in front of the captain and smiled, nodding his welcome.

“Well I had better head back to station…” Alex said, smiling and turning towards the turbo lift. He stepped in and sighed “Sickbay.”

The rapid moving elevator activated and began to whirr him towards his destination.

The com badge on his chest buzzed and he pressed it. “Michael Andrews to Doctor Hagen”

“Go for Hagen, what can I help u with Michael?” Alex said, his heart beating slightly faster for a second, his parental instincts kicking in. Yet his mind quickly soured a bit as the one thought flew through his head ‘oh god, what did she do this time.’

“Yes, Doctor, I was just wondering if Kara was feeling okay?”

“What do you mean, Michael?”

“Well I assumed that since you kept her out of class today and send me that message that she wasn’t feeling well she was sick. Will she be in school tomorrow?”

‘That little…’ Alex thought to himself. “She never showed up for class did she?”

“Um… No, doctor, she didn’t… And you never sent me a message did you?”

“Did it sound like me?”

“It was text based… Ok… Do you want me to contact security?”

Alex smiled and shook his head “No, thank you Michael, I’ll find her.” He said as he closed the com link. His mind brightened for a second as he remembered what he overheard in the bridge.

‘There’s no WAY she could…’ He thought yet his gut told him ‘oh yes she could’ in that childlike nagging voice of his psyche. He turned and headed towards the Jeffery’s tube location and, if he knew the first officer, a full security team ready to pounce on his child.

Lietenant Commander Doyle strode onto the Bridge. It was not that necessary for her to be there, but she had had a few troubling conversations with crewmembers concerning their XO. She had not had the opportunity as of yet to observe either the Captain or their Commander at work and so was understandably pleased when she found them both at their stations.

Having arrived a few moments before T'Ker had spotted the anomalies onboard, Doyle took a few moments to settle herself. She stood out of the way of any number of the bridge crew bustling about and caught the Captain's eye for a few seconds, merely letting him know she was there. Being the Ship's chief Councilor was something of a privilege. But she was careful not to extend her welcome too far.

Observing T'Ker in action, Doyle pursed her lips and nodded silently to herself. A hard woman that one, but a Vulcan and something she had readily expected. The crew had no real right to complain about her, but she understood their fear - especially when thrust onto a new, previously top secret, prototype that was more of a war vessel than a exploration class - and then getting their ends chewed off them for the slightest infractions.

Perhaps she should move up the schedule to see T'Ker earlier rather than later. She had no real concerns, but it may be worthwhile to have a word with her - in private and in her full professional capacity, that is.

Her ears perked up when she took in the thread of the conversation. Coming to stand beside the captain as the Vulcan asked if she should investigate herself, Doyle spoke. "I'd like to accompany you, if you don't mind. If something, or someone has secreted on board, I'm sure that I could be of help."

It was a request to the commander, but all there knew that she would eventually ask the captain, should the commander refuse to take her along. After all, she was curious.

Lt. Thoras. Bridge

Miguel looked at the PADD and reviewed the orders. Everything was in order, as he expected it would be. He then looked up at the Andorian officer, he could honestly say that he had never worked with Andorian in all his years in Starfleet. "Welcome aboard Lieutent. Ready to get to work?" Miguel said with a smile as he gave the man his hand in friendship.

Throas noded once, curtly. "I'm ready, willing, and able to ensure this ship gets to where it's going in one piece, sir" He smiled slighly and relaxed his antennae. "That is, of course, assuming we have a departure time, and somewhere to go. Shame to keep a ship this impressive moored for too long, eh?"

Throas noded once, curtly. "I'm ready, willing, and able to ensure this ship gets to where it's going in one piece, sir" He smiled slighly and relaxed his antennae. "That is, of course, assuming we have a departure time, and somewhere to go. Shame to keep a ship this impressive moored for too long, eh?"

"We're at t-minues 5 hours now. So everything is currently on schedule. We're just waiting on a few last minute crew members, like yourself, that have been delayed in ship transfers. Then we'll depart drydock, and leave the system." Miguel said as he motioned for the Lieutenant to follow him down to the CONN and Ops central stations. "Here you go Mr. Throas. Would you like to know where we're heading?"

Commander A'Lex T'Pol T'Ker (Vulcan) - XO

"I'd like to accompany you, if you don't mind. If something, or someone has secreted on board, I'm sure that I could be of help."

It was a request to the commander, but all there knew that she would eventually ask the captain, should the commander refuse to take her along. After all, she was curious.

Pausing in route to the turbolift Comamnder T'Ker looked at the Counselor. "Considering the nature of the intruder is an unknown and possibly hostile your request is denied. If, and since you're human and your species seems to require repetition, IF the intruder is non-hostile you will be allowed to speak with them. But not until I'm confident the situation is secure."

Stepping past the councilor, The Vulcan XO stepped onto the Turbo lift and began a rapid decent to Level 6 Section Alpha-One. Tapping her commabdge she said, =/\= Computer security forcefields, Level Ten. Deck Five, Six, and Seven. Security Officer, XO, and Captain Override only." That should prevent any intruder from moving more than ten feet an iny direction.

As soon as the Trubo-lift doors opened a Security officer held out a Phase rifle for her. Taking the weapon she confirmed a full charge in the weapon, setting at level Stun Two. Moving forward her squad cleared the deck. Section by section. Each room cleared and sealed before moving on to the next.

Another security team circled from the otherside of the ship. The teams moving in a pincer manuever intended to secure and contain whatever, or whomever, had managed to get aboard unauthorized. And if it was a reporter....

A deck above and below even more security deatails were moving. Duplicating the patterns as they maintained contact with each other and the bridge.

tpol-1.jpg

Marigold Doyle - Counselor - Bridge

Mari smiled at the Vulcan's back. Quite an abrupt woman, but one with real sensibilities. Yes, she decided, T'Ker would be interesting to work with. Very interesting indeed. She turned to the captain, noting the other officer on deck. She nodded to both, "Captain, Lieutenant." She smiled, not bothering to go over the XO's head. After all, the Vulcan had made a good arguement - very logical of her, of course.

She made her way to the science station and looked briefly over the controls. "Computer, show all life signs within the ship on decks Five, six and seven on Level Ten." The computer complied, showing her all the readouts. "Hmmm..." silently, she tracked the security team's movements. Just because she couldn't go, didn't mean she wasn't still curious.

Lt. Thoras, Bridge

"We're at t-minues 5 hours now. So everything is currently on schedule. We're just waiting on a few last minute crew members, like yourself, that have been delayed in ship transfers. Then we'll depart drydock, and leave the system." Miguel said as he motioned for the Lieutenant to follow him down to the CONN and Ops central stations. "Here you go Mr. Throas. Would you like to know where we're heading?"

Lieutenant Thoras sat down at his station, and casually glanced at the controls. Slightly different to what he dealt with on the Thunderchild, but he thaught he would be able to pick them up very quickly. He nodded at the Captain's question. "It would definatly be helpful to know where to steer this ship, sir, yes". He started to run his hands over the console, familiarising himself with the layout

Lieutenant Thoras sat down at his station, and casually glanced at the controls. Slightly different to what he dealt with on the Thunderchild, but he thaught he would be able to pick them up very quickly. He nodded at the Captain's question. "It would definatly be helpful to know where to steer this ship, sir, yes". He started to run his hands over the console, familiarising himself with the layout

Miguel watched as the CONN officer started to run his hands of the controls. It was the same thing everyone had done when they first went to their station. He couldn't wait to see the officer's reaction to the holographics once they came online any moment now. However he looked up briefly to see the Doctor over at the science station. Miguel smiled. She was probably keep her eye on the security issue is what he thought to himself. By the time his gaze returned to his helmsmen the holographics had kicked. He had missed the new officer's reaction, but his eyes still seemed to be taking in the added controls.

Miguel moved slightly behind the officer and his hand started moving around the small floating controls. "It takes some time getting used to it. However It's quite fun." he told Thoras. When he finished a small area appeared on the field ahead of Thoras (sort of personal heads up display that only the person sitting or standing directly behind the station can see) it was showing sub-quadrant 1, sector zone 7 of the Alpha Quadrant. To be specific it was the Perseus arm of the Milkyway, the more interesting part of it was that it was were no one had been before.

Lt. Commander Alex: CMO Deck 6
Alex stepped out of the turbo lift and walked briskly towards the location of the open Jefferies tube. Something inside of him informed him that it was far too late, but he still had to investigate and try to catch his wayward daughter.

He couldn’t understand how a child could have opened up Jeffery’s tube panel like that, but if anyone could it would be his Kara. Ever since she could crawl, she would explore everything. The last ship that they were on she had gone so many places in the ship that the old captain used to joke that she knew the ship better than he did. Kara became sort of the unofficial mascot for the crew and there were more than a few tears when the child and her father departed.

Kara had always been loveable and adventurous, but that ship was a medical ship. This was a ship of war and Alex was almost afraid of what would happen if she went in the wrong area.

He was stepping forward when suddenly he felt a flash of heat on h is front, a hum pass through his body almost painfully as he was thrown back a few inches. He raised his hands up to the force field and pushed forward a bit, testing the field strength and shaking his head. He looked behind him but instinctively knew he was trapped. Standard security measure he figured, but this time it had trapped him and possibly condemned his daughter.

“Great…” he thought to himself. First posting as Chief medical officer and now his child would get him in trouble on the first week. Knowing the first officer,
She would probably want him hung from the yardarm for this, but would settle for putting a very harsh report in his permanent file.

Alex cracked his neck and closed his eyes, gathering his strength around him and focusing on the minds on the ship. He felt them after an instant of hesitation by the universe. Hundreds, thousands of them, shining before him like colors of music, each glittering different tunes and notes of hues. Each was special, each unique, each gleaming but one in particular caught his attention. This one was special, only in the term that he saw an almost painful similarity to one he remembered all too vividly. He smiled as he moved his mind close to the special mind, Reaching out with his thoughts and tapping her on the shoulder…
“Kara, What are you up to this time?’

Kara Hagen
She had found this place a few minutes ago, the end of her spectacular journey. It was a small bay, with glittering buttons and pictures that seemed to float out above the wall like the holopics she had in her bedroom. The little girl was delighted, clapping her hands eagerly before turning around to see the glory that was behind her. There it was… Just like her dreams.

Behind her was a viewport that took up the entire wall. A force field held the vacuum in place and beyond the completely clear electrical field was glittering jewels, huge marbles of blue and green… She looked out at the stars with a smile, imagining for a minute that she was floating out among them, plucking them and stuffing them into her pocket like they were pieces of candy for the taking.

She settled down to the floor and gazed out at the stars, watching as an occasional gray ship moved in front of the view point in the distance. She sat in her imaginary world, dreaming of the adventures she could have out there….
But she felt the presence, felt someone touching her mind before she even knew who it was. She smiled as she closed her eyes and ran for the mind, embracing it with her thoughts just as daddy had taught her to.

The mind embraced her back lovingly before stepping back and seemingly tapping a foot.

‘Daddy Daddy! Look what I found!’ She squealed as she opened her eyes, allowing her father to see where she was through her eyes.

‘That’s pretty dear, but why aren’t you in school young lady?’ For the first time she had started to feel the annoyance from her father.

‘Are you mad at me daddy?’

‘No, but other people are. We talked about this, Kara. You need to go back down to school before you are caught and you get daddy and yourself in trouble…’

‘But Daddy! I don’t like school! It’s soooooooo booorrrrrrinnnnggg……’ She whined in her mind’s eye as she watched her father smile slightly.

‘But you need to go to school Hun, to learn what you need to to really get out to the stars.’

Kara pouted but then reacted in sudden shock as her father’s mind was quickly pulled away from her. She opened her eyes and looked around, not understanding what was going on.

Lt. Commander Alex, CMO behind a Force field on Lvl 6
Alex opened his eyes and watched as the first officer deactivated the field behind him. The Vulcan stepped up to him and regarded him coldly. Alex sighed silently. Here we go… he thought to himself.

Comamnder T'Ker and CMO Hagen (and Kara)

Level 6

Walking around the last corner of the corridor before the jeffries tube A’Lex stepped up to the force field and waited as the individual on the other side was scanned and identified as the New Chief Medical Officer.

Deactivating the forcefield she stepped forward as he turned around and faced her.

Alex Looked at the first officer and nodded. "Commander."

"Doctor," The XO said. "Could you explain why you are here on this level?"

"I wasn't aware that certian levels were off limits to Starfleet Officers, Commander. Is there some sort of regulation saying I can't be here?"

"No, but considering that neither your quarters or the medical facilities are on this level. And that we are having a security issue. Your presence brings up some concerns."

"Well, considering that I am surrounded by forcefields at the moment, I kind of figured that you had a security issue. However isn't it logical that since I am authorized to be in this area to begin with, that I am not a concern to you and your security issue?"

"It isn't logical that your avoiding answering the question, 'Why are you here?' If you could answer that question I'm quite sure you'll be allowed to leave the area. Without an escort." A'Lex replied. The Human was avoiding answering for some reason. Possibly stalling for it's cohort to attempt escape.

Alex looked at the commander and shook his head. "I am here because I think I know who the 'intruder' may be and she's not a security risk. Unless you're gummy torpedoes that she likes to eat. I was investigating to see IF she could do what I think she might have done, commander." Alex said, looking at her straight in the eyes

"Gummy torpedoes?" A'Lex asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's a Candy that children enjoy on earth and other colonies. Apparently not Vulcan, I don't even think that a Vulcan child has even had any sweets..."

"Candy.." A'Lex said dryly. "Children eat candy. You have a child according to your file. A daughter I believe. Kara, unless I'm mistaken." A'Lex was quite sure she wasn't mistaken, but it was possible. Not likely, but possible.

Alex nodded "Yes ma’am. She's a bit of an explorer and curious kid. I wanted to see if this was one of her stunts before you went in there with phasers blazing, Ma’am." He said with a serious look " You've never met her. You were off the ship before she was borne."

"I see." A'Lex replied, her face going blanker than normal for a Vulcan. She'd be a hell of a poker player if it ever came to it. "Where do you believe her to be?" she finally asked.

Alex closed his eyes and focused for a moment, letting his mind search out for that specific musically colorful signature and opened his eyes. "I think it's on this deck, maintenance port 37a I believe. I'm not entirely sure, that's why I was heading to the Jeffrey’s tube, to get a more exact lock on her position, and to see if she could actually get it open." Alex said, opening his eyes and looking at the Vulcan plainly.

"You may remain. But if it is not your daughter you will evacuate the region immediately. Do I make myself clear?" A'Lex finally said. She wasn't trying to be hostile, but understood that many races perceived her in this manner. But she wasn't about to let something happen to a Senior crew member before the ship even left dry-dock. Maybe later she'd consider shoving him and the child out an airlock. Maybe.

Alex Looked at her and nodded. "You do realize that I have taken an order from a superior officer before, don't you Ma’am? I'm not one of these cadets and Rookie ensigns that need a swift kick in the ass." He said quickly before he could hold the words back in.

"I'm sure you have. But, from my experience, Betazed’s have a tendency to be rather tenacious when it comes to leaving something they deem.. interesting." A'Lex said as she and her squad turned towards the next Security field.

As they had already scanned the area ahead for changelings and other bio-signatures. And determined it was clear. A'Lex gave the command and the force field dropped, allowing them access to the next section of the search grid.

Alex shook his head and moved with the security officers "And Vulcans tend to be moody and pushy when it comes to doing what they want to do." He muttered under his his breath. Stepping with the officers, he opened his mind a little to trace his daughter, not enough for communication but enough to try to determine her exact position.

"Vulcans are not Moody. Being moody is being emotional. Vulcan's are not emotional. Your statement is illogical and contra indicative within itself." A'Lex commented. She didn't denying being pushy however. She did what was right and needed. Other races saw it as being pushy. Vulcan's recognized it as being effective, methodical, and logical.

Grid by grid the squad moved forward, until both all the squads had converged on one point. Three decks, One Jeffrey tube. "Level five, clear and seal the junction. Level seven, clear and seal the junction."

As soon as both level had confirmed that their location was clear and sealed A'Lex moved her squad forwards and into the junction.

"Vulcans are not moody and emotional... HA! that's funny. I'm sorry, Commander, but all intelligent creatures have emotions. Vulcans just have learned to suppress them to an extent, but even the Greatest Kol'inar Master SUPRESSES their emotions. Just because you suppress, doesn't mean that you don't possess, ma’am." Alex said, firing right back at his commanding officer. He had never been afraid of the fear inducing Vulcan before, why would he start now? But he still followed her lead and kept sweeping with his mind.

"I did not claim to be without emotion, Doctor. I stated Vulcan's aren't emotional. Emotional is a state of allowing your emotions to control yourself. Vulcan's control their emotions, they aren't controlled by them." A'Lex replied as calmly as ever.

As soon as the junction was cleared, a squad went up the tube itself. Then down. Once they'd returned A'Lex looked across the hall at a door. "Observation Lounge Level 6, Room 627." She reported to the Bridge. "It's the only remaining lifesign unaccounted for on this level."

Alex chuckled a bit, he had almost forgotten how fun it was to play with Vulcans "As you wish... "Alex reached out with his mind "She's not in there, she's in the access port next to it... "

Nodding to the security officers A'Lex stepped forward and over the threshold. Sweeping her weapon she confirmed nothing was moving. Stepping up next to her the Andorian held up a tricorder and swept the room. "Biosign against the wall. Possible cloaking devise or a changeling Commander." she said.

With a curt signal A'Lex ordered two officers to clear the lavatory visually, as she stepped closer to the wall. A blink and she'd reset her weapon for wide dispersal stun. it wasn't stong enough to penetrate the wall, but everything on this side was hit repeatedly by the weapons emitter.

Once the room had been confirmed clear she moved back to the Jeffrey tube. As soon as the squad was with her again she nodded once, curtly and the access panel between the rooms was pulled open.

The door pulled open quickly and in a blur, the golden hair child came rushing out, strait into the arms of her father. he quickly picked her up and turned his body, instinctively protecting his daughter from the phasers that were now aimed at the pair. He shot a fierce look at the security officers as his fatherly instinct began to take over and then looked at the XO. Kara buried her head in her father's chest as took a breath. "Commander, This is my daughter, Kara." He said slowly.

A finger twitched and a security guard was waving a tricorder in the direction of the pair. "Biometrics identities confirmed Commander T'Ker. Chief Medical Officer Alex Hagen and Kara Hagan, his daughter."

Nodding A'Lex dismissed the security detail and informed the bridge that everything was clear and Alert condition was Green. Raising an eyebrow she faced Alex and Kara. Her eyes clearly intent on observing Kara. "You will explain how and why." she stated.

Kara shied away from the demanding Vulcan, beginning to cry and clutching her father tightly. Alex stroked his daughter's hair and looked over at the Vulcan. "If you will allow me, Ma’am." He said, turning to his daughter. "Honey, How did you get to where you did?" Kara sniffled a bit "Well.. I.. I... I found one of those things open a little bit... " She said, pointing at the open jeffery's tube door "And I opened it the rest using the handles..."

Alex turned to the commander. "As for the why, Commander. because she's a child and she could." He stated matter-of-factly.

"I see," The Chimera's Executive Officer replied. She'd track down whomever had left the hatch unlocked. And they'd be cleaning everyone of said tube.. for a very long time. As well as a formal reprimand for said individual. "You may both leave. Unless you'd like to file a complain against Engineering for endangering your child’s safety and welfare for leaving the hatch unsealed?"

"No, I'm sure it was an accident..." Alex said as he slowly lowered his daughter to the ground. She hid behind his legs and stole peaks at the Vulcan shyly. "I'm sure whatever you will do to them will be enough to scare them out of their wits," He said, nodding his head.

"Commander," he said, turning and taking his daughter's hand. Kara looked back a bit and said something in a strange mixed language. Alex's eyes widened "Kara T Hagen! That's NOT NICE!" He said as they turned the corner. Kara's giggle could be heard by the Vulcan as they departed, as could a slight chuckle from the Lt. Commander as they headed into the turbolift.

A’Lex watched the two walk off, handing the phase rifle to the last Security officer before returning to the bridge herself. This was going to be a long voyage. A VERY long duty assignment.

Turbo Lift

In the turbolift she calmly applied another dosage of nasal numbing agent, there were far to many Humans onboard. And they made the turbolifts smell horrible.

inamirrordarkly2_679.jpg

Getting Underway....

Captain Miguel Torres- Chimera's Bridge.
May 19, 2400 5:00 pm (SD 78020.114 )

Miguel had sat in his ready room for the last couple of hours waiting for the designated time. When it came he walked out and onto the bridge he looked around and saw the faces turn to him. He heard one of the tactical officers call out "Captain on the bridge!" Miguel shook his head. "Pass this on, for the rest of this voyage, that announcing my pressence on the bridge won't be any further." which is actually how he prefered it.

He walked behind the tactical station, first looking at the Situation display screen of the Chimera and then the dedication plaque that was next to the Turbolift, but just under the bridge replicator. There was actually another one on the other side of the lift as well, that stood proudly by itself. He looked down and read the inscription at the bottom of it. 'Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it. He that fears not, gives advantage to the danger.' - Quarles

"Get me the dockmaster." he ordered as he made his way around to his chair.

"Control Tower reading sir."

"Drydock, this is Chimera requesting permission to depart."

"Permission granted Chimera." was the reply over the bridge's speakers.

"Chimera confirms." he said as he finally sat down. "Number 1, take us out."

Last edited:
Comamnder A'Lex T'Pol T'Ker - XO - Bridge

Looking at the Captain from the second science station A’Lex nodded once. A short and affirmative acknowledgment. Stepping down and standing between the Helm and Operations positions.

Arms sliding behind her back she paused for a moment. Seeing the ship and it’s position in the Massive hanger in her minds eye.

“Dockmaster control, this is Commander A’Lex T'Pol T’ker First Officer of the USS Chimera NX-82002. I will be overseeing departure from our end. Confirm.”

“We acknowledge your authority Commander T’Ker.”

“Release Umbilicals on my mark.”

“5”

“4”

“3”

“2”

“1”

“Mark.”

At each docking hatch on the ship doors were pressure sealed and some would claim they could hear a pneumatic hiss as the umbilical were retracted into the station.

“Umbilici’s clear and retracted, Chimera.” The dockmasters voice called over the bridges speakers.

A’Lex eyes flicked to the Operation Officers panels and she registered all seals green in the blink of an eye. “Control, Release Moorings on my mark.”

“5”

“4”

“3”

“2”

“1”

“Mark.”

Throughout the ship the echoes of magnetic clamps disengaging could be heard, and in some cases felt. Simultaneously tractor beams and auxiliary power feed couplings disengaged.

“Moorings released, Chimera.” The voice replied.

“Chimera. This is Dockmaster Actual.” A new voice cut in.

“Go ahead Dockmaster Actual.” Commander T’Ker replied.

"More than any time in recent history, Starfleets destiny is not of our own choosing. We did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on our freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil. Yet the true measure of a people's strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arrive...The streets of heaven are too crowded with angels, but every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless. This is a time for heroes. We will do what is hard. We will achieve what is great. This is a time for heroes and we reach for the stars..."

“Thank you dockmater, Dup dor a'az Mubster.”

“Chimera, this is Control. You are free floating and clear.”

Turning her head slightly A’Lex looked directly at the Andorian Helmsman as she stepped back and sat in her chair. “Ahead impulse point one. And try not to scratch the paint Lieutenant Thoras.” And just like usual, she didn't sound like she was joking......

<Tag: Lt. Thoras. >
<Tag: Anybody else on the bridge>

MUTPol.jpg

Miguel watched his First Officer perform the routine maneuver flawlessly, as he had expected. But he just wasn't observing her, he was also observing the others. Everyone had performed their duties wonderfully. Granted it was just leaving dock, but he thought it was a good sign. "Nicely done Number One. A routine manuever, performed with great efficiency. That goes for you all. You as well Mr. Thoras." He said as he turned around and looked at his bridge crew.

The slow crawl out of the solar system had begun. He was itching to test the new Slipstream drive, but that would have to wait until they left the solar system thanks to Starfleet regulations. The good news was that once they passed Mars, they could go to warp 1, which would shorten the trip from 44 hours to 11. "I know that you've all been working longer hours this past few weeks in order to make sure we launched on time and ready. I thank you all. Tomorrow we'll be going to the standard 8 hour shifts, so enjoy your added time off tomorrow. Senior staff, don't forget, dinner in the Captain's mess in 2 hours. Standard uniforms, or casual dress. Don't be late the chef hates it when things start late." he said as he walked over to one of systems monitors and let everyone else get back to their duties. Shift change would be in one hour, that gave him plenty of time to head to his quarters, and grab a sonic shower. He knew he needed it, and if he knew then his XO definately knew. He wondered how female Vulcan officers dealt with things, even with the numbing agent, before sonic showers became standard in every quarters.

Last edited:
Mari pursed her lips she tracked the security team's progress. She saw the entire incident from the safety of the bridge, frowing as she thumbed her PADD and added requests for appointments with both Kara and Alex, ASAP. There was something there that she needed to see to. Of course, dealing with Empaths in an empath dominated role would be interesting. But it was what she signed up for.

As the request to join all senior staff and the captain at a dinner that night, Mari smiled. It would be interesting to see her future comrades in a social environment. Especially the very interesting Vulcan XO. Not to mention the Captain himself. She had read the files, but she had yet to read the man. She was quite intuitive that way... but that was another matter entirely.

Excusing herself and thanking the current officer at Sciences, she made her way off the Bridge. Her free time had been taken up and she had to see two of the crewmembers before dinner already. They had barely taken off and already her official duties had started. She sighed... well, it was what she had signed up for, after all.

She couldn't help it. She was going to be late. Oh well.

Lt. Thoras, bridge

Lt. Thoras braught up the 3-D display and marveled at it for a second. The complexity of technology that hed to have gone into such a decive! Unfortunatly, one second was all he got, as the Vulcan XO issued her orders. "Ahead, impulse .1, aye" Thoras engaged the main impulse drive, and slowly eased the ship out of drydock and into the vast blackness of space.

Thoras continued to guide the ship, prefering to err on the side of caution, and not try out any of the less familiar controls, when the Captain adressed all the staff. "I know that you've all been working longer hours this past few weeks in order to make sure we launched on time and ready. I thank you all. Tomorrow we'll be going to the standard 8 hour shifts, so enjoy your added time off tomorrow. Senior staff, don't forget, dinner in the Captain's mess in 2 hours. Standard uniforms, or casual dress. Don't be late the chef hates it when things start late."

Lucky them.

Sure, Thoras was an officer, but not a senior one. The rank of Lieu******t, and the red shirt meant he had a comission and showed potential, but nothing more. He would remain at his post. Well, at least until they were out of the solar system. The consoles would take some time to properly learn, and the Andorian helmsman wasn't going to be caught out not knowing which holographic button to push in an emergency

Commander A'Lex T'Pol T'Ker - XO - Various

Executive Officer's Quarters.

Moving through her quarters A'Lex dropped the old uniform off in the reclaimation unit and ordered a replacement even before that one began to sparkle. Continuing on she stepped into the shower tapped the temperature setting she prefered. Within seconds steam was billowing around her as hot water sprayed across her skin. She could have used a sonic shower, if she wore earplugs to protect her hearing, but this was much more... satisfying.

Several, very long, minutes later she stepped out of the shower and used the Starfleet issued towel hanging within reach to dry off. Although it was less efficient than the automatic air blowers that she could have used, A'Lex found the towel to be more familiar and comforting.

Hallway

Walking around the ship Commander T'Ker appreciated the logical manuever of repositioning the Captain and XO's quarters on opposite sides of the ship. It made for a longer walk, but it was far less likely that one weapons impact could kill both simultaneously.

Stopping outside the Captain's mess she puased, then acoording to ethics, decorum, custom, and etiquette, she tapped the door chime. And waited.....

Back