To all the women, and also faggots:

Eating_Scarlett

Literotica Guru
<--- I received a gorgeous bunch of roses & lillies from my muchos-sexiness-von-boyfriend, and I don't want to throw them away

What can I do with them, I don't know shit about flowers.

Do I dry them? Press them? (I don't even know what press them means)

Pot Pourri? (If so, how)

Are there any girly-girls/fudgepackers on the board who do this type of shit?

Actually... are there even any girls/poofters on this board who get given flowers?

Clairebutterfly said:
LOL My husband isn't the "giving flowers" kinda guy...Lucky you!!
No guy is a "giving flowers" kinda guy.

No guy 'believes' in it.

All guys think flowers are a waste of money.

But they should buy them for you anyway, because they're pretty and you like them.

If they were all roses you could just hang them upside down when you're done with them and they'd dry out and look pretty good. But those lillies aren't going to dry well. They're not going to press well either.

ANother way is to get a big box of Borax (detergent) and bury them in that. It will take awhile but it will make them dry out. Again - I'm not sure the lillies will work in that either. If in doubt you could ask your local florist. They may have a better idea.

I love how when you ask for advice you're a bitch about it. :rolleyes:

To dry flowers you can simply hang them upside down. Its not very complicated.

To press flowers, you really need a flower press, but books can make do. You need wax paper; you put two sheets of wax paper around the flowers and then a few sheets of regular paper and then put books (to create pressure) on either side as well. This is only good to do with flowers that will look good pressed - and once they're pressed you need to figure out what you want to do with them.

For pot pourri you'll need essential oils or fragarances. There are different pot pourri recipes online that you can google.

That's a beautiful boquet. My husband got me one yesterday too for our anniversary.

I like taking the roses from it after they're too old to look nice in the vase and tie them together with a rubberband and hang them upsidedown to dry. It works best to hang them in a basement or other out of the way area. Best if not a damp space as well. It takes between a few days to a week or so to dry, but once they are you can do all kinds of stuff with them.

Lillies on the other hand seem trickier. I haven't gotten them to dry well. Someone else might know what to do with them.

Eating_Scarlett said:

No guy 'believes' in it.

But they should buy them for you anyway, because they're pretty and you like them.
I do this for my wife a couple times a year for no reason at all.

Eating_Scarlett said:

No guy 'believes' in it.

I'm With Those Guys...Flowers Suck.

Burn Them, They'll Smell Nice Fer A Couple More Minutes.

bisexplicit said:
I love how when you ask for advice you're a bitch about it. :rolleyes:

To dry flowers you can simply hang them upside down. Its not very complicated.

To press flowers, you really need a flower press, but books can make do. You need wax paper; you put two sheets of wax paper around the flowers and then a few sheets of regular paper and then put books (to create pressure) on either side as well. This is only good to do with flowers that will look good pressed - and once they're pressed you need to figure out what you want to do with them.

For pot pourri you'll need essential oils or fragarances. There are different pot pourri recipes online that you can google.
How do you know what flowers will look good pressed?

What are you meant to do with pressed flowers anyway?

Geez louise, can you never ask a simple question without an insult, woman?

Flower pressing is pretty easy. I use mine as bookmarks.

Materials Needed:
*Your favorite flowers or foliage picked and ready to press
*A large phone book or dictionary
*A sheet of newspaper
*More books or heavy objects - about 20 lbs. worth

Step 1.) After picking your favorite flowers and foliage, put them in the refrigerator or an ice chest to keep them from wilting while you prepare your pressing materials.
Step 2.) Place the flowers or foliage on the inside fold of the sheet of newspaper. Make sure there is no overlapping of leaves, petals, stems, etc... and fold the top half of the newspaper sheet down over the flowers.
Step 3.) Open the dictionary or phone book and place the newspaper in the middle at about letter M.
Step 4.) Close the dictionary and place the other books or heavy objects on top.
The drying process takes about 3 days. Once the flowers are pressed and dry you can use them in arrangements, art work, as gifts, whatever you like.

RudeNastyAssBitch said:
I'm With Those Guys...Flowers Suck.

Burn Them, They'll Smell Nice Fer A Couple More Minutes.
Most people who say flowers suck say that 'cos no ones ever given them any.

Moonlust said:
Geez louise, can you never ask a simple question without an insult, woman?

Flower pressing is pretty easy. I use mine as bookmarks.

Materials Needed:
*Your favorite flowers or foliage picked and ready to press
*A large phone book or dictionary
*A sheet of newspaper
*More books or heavy objects - about 20 lbs. worth

Step 1.) After picking your favorite flowers and foliage, put them in the refrigerator or an ice chest to keep them from wilting while you prepare your pressing materials.
Step 2.) Place the flowers or foliage on the inside fold of the sheet of newspaper. Make sure there is no overlapping of leaves, petals, stems, etc... and fold the top half of the newspaper sheet down over the flowers.
Step 3.) Open the dictionary or phone book and place the newspaper in the middle at about letter M.
Step 4.) Close the dictionary and place the other books or heavy objects on top.
The drying process takes about 3 days. Once the flowers are pressed and dry you can use them in arrangements, art work, as gifts, whatever you like.

I think a pressed lilly would look like crap.

And lillies are my fave flower, I dont want to throw them away.

What else can I do with them?

Eating_Scarlett said:
Most people who say flowers suck say that 'cos no ones ever given them any.

I Have Recieved Lots Of The Stupid Things.

I Like Plants...At Least They Are Alive.

If I Wanted A Dead Present At Least Make It A Squirrel R Something Cool.

Eating_Scarlett said:
<--- I received a gorgeous bunch of roses & lillies from my muchos-sexiness-von-boyfriend, and I don't want to throw them away

Pot Pourri? (If so, how)

Actually... are there even any girls/poofters on this board who get given flowers?

you can take off the petals in the "he loves me, he loves me not" spirit and dump them into a tub full of warm water, and sprinkle them all over your body.

i don't care for nothing.
*right clicks your av "saves as"*

Eating_Scarlett said:
How do you know what flowers will look good pressed?

What are you meant to do with pressed flowers anyway?

Well, you have to figure out how you're going to press them. If you're simply laying them down on their side then you want to see if the flower looks nice that way. Also, some flowers retain their color better than others.

Pressed flowers can make very nice cards, for one. You can also frame them and hang them on your wall. They can go nicely in scrap books as well.

Heres a link with more information: www.preservedgardens.com

Eating_Scarlett said:
I think a pressed lilly would look like crap.

And lillies are my fave flower, I dont want to throw them away.

What else can I do with them?
Just enjoy the, wile you have them and then get rid of them. That is the beauty of them they do not last forever. They represent the beauty of the particular moment.

bill-pix-trade said:
Just enjoy the, wile you have them and then get rid of them. That is the beauty of them they do not last forever. They represent the beauty of the particular moment.
Interesting way to look at it.

bill-pix-trade said:

oooh. That's kinda.....romantic!

bill-pix-trade said:

I agree, Bill. I only save really special things, in general.

Eating_Scarlett said:

Pot Pourri? (If so, how)

Your google button broken bitch?

How's that for being stupid?

Back