Love in spite of it all. (closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
6933b512bd6da801b3bcece0d37fcb78.jpg

Lorelei Warren... second wife of Alexander Warren and little more than a show wife. His work and his company meant more to him but he remarried anyways since his business partners were determined to set him up with someone feeling that all of the Sr partners being happily married looked better to prospective and long term clients. One of the Sr partners had a daughter who would do as she wanted to get out of her current household and into more freedom and once Wed the other wives who called themselves the second wives club spent a great deal of time explaining.g to her that in this world she was in now it was simply spend his money and find some young hot hungry plaything and enjoy the good life.

Spending money was all fine and dandy but she never could find anyone that struck her fancy. She was not really sure about finding some plaything she wanted more from intimacy than just casual flings... but she was married so casual flings would haveto do if she ever could find the right man.

She knew that her what she guessed was stepson not that he needed a stepmother a his agewas finally back in the states and would be flying home soon. It was strange to her how her husband seemed to.care less about the boys arrival. She knew that Alexander had not been pleased when his son chose being a soldier over joining him in the family business but still it was his own flesh and blood.

That afternoon Alexander told her nonchalantly that she would have to go to the airport to meet his son since he had to fly out on business and would be gone for.a.week. She nodded and saw as he flopped a sign with his sons name on it onto the kitchen island as he headed towards the.door without so much as a goodbye.

She drove quickly to the airport that evening and told the soldier who she was there to pick up as he showed her to the.room everyone would be meeting in and pointed out the coffee pot and snacks while she waited with the others. The flight would be.landing soon.

Trevor Warren was not your typical military person. His father was loaded and had spoiled Trevor as he was growing up. Trevor attended private schools where he was always at the top of his class. The first time that Trevor disappointed his father was when he finished second in his graduating class. The second time was when he chose not to go to Harvard, but chose instead to go to Notre Dame; a school his father absolutely hated.

The biggest disappointment, however, came in Trevor's senior year at Notre Dame. Trevor happened to bump into a Marine recruiter one day and began to talk to him. His father was expecting that Trevor was about to join him in the business. Dad had plans for Trevor. He would start at the bottom and learn the entire business from the ground up... eventually succeeding dear old dad. Trevor had other ideas. Those ideas involved anything that did not include going into daddy's business.... he wanted to make it on his own.

Trevor enlisted in the Marines. As a college graduate he was able to go in as an officer. Trevor immediately proved to be one of the best. He was a natural born leader and he was a perfectionist that always got the job done. Now, he was on his way home from his second tour overseas. His first tour had been in Iraq. This tour had been in Afghanistan... hunting Taliban in the mountains.

He had sent a message to his father that he was coming home for six weeks, and asking for a ride from the airport. Trevor was certain that his father would send one of the drivers to pick him up. His father was still upset with him for not going into the business. In fact, when they were together they barely spoke beyond saying a simple hi. Trevor walked off the plane and followed the others into the waiting and reception area. He looked around for his father's driver, but didn't see him. Then he saw his name on a piece of paper being held by a beautiful woman. He wondered if his father had hired a new driver, but she was too good looking for that. He walked over to her. "Hi, I am Trevor Warren."

Hello and welcome home Trevor. I am Lorelei Warren your father's wife.

She smiled to him and glanced around as some other soldiers walked over wanting to introduce Trevor their family. She could not believe Trevor was any kin to Alexander. While they shared some physical characteristics he seemed to be so very different. There was something about him... his eyes were so warm for being a soldier she could not help but smile.

Do we need to go get anything from baggage or the bag.you have there is that it?

She set the sign aside as she watched everyone around her and kept looking back to him.

Last edited:
Sorry.... I should not have posted.... didn't realize someone else was in this already

Trevor did a double take. Did she just say that she was his father's wife? She had to be messing around with him.... there was no way this beautiful woman had married his father. "I'm sorry... did you just say you were my father's wife?"

Before she could answer, several of his friends brought their family members over to meet Trevor. He said hello to all of them and chatted with them briefly. Then he turned back to the woman. "I am sorry about that. When you spend so much time with a group of guys they become like family, so, we usually introduce family members whenever we can. I guess I should have introduced you as my step-mother. Unless you were just joking when you said you were my father's wife."

Trevor looked at her as he waited for her response. Her eyes were captivating, and the rest of her was just as beautiful.

Yes... I guess I am your... step mother.

She nodded that yes she was his fathers wife holding.out her hand with the ring. Suddenly that ring seemed the full size of the.lonely prison that afforded her all sorts of money but no love.

My father and the other Sr partners felt that everyone being married made a better impression on clients and if you know anything about Vincent Callis marrying your father was the most opportune escape. She shook her head. But enough about all that lets go get whatever you need to pick up and grab some dinner to take home?

His eyes she smiled again seeing such warmth in them especially with his friends and fellow soldiers.

Still I figured he would have told you about him vertigo married... he.can be so.forgetful unless it has to do with the office.

"wow, that is a nice rock you have there. I don't need to get anything else. The duffel bag is all I have." Trevor said goodbye to the few guys left and followed Lorelei.

"My father does not really care to share much with me at all. He is still mad that I haven't followed him into the business. When we are in the same room we barely even acknowledge one another's existence."

They walked together toward the car. Trevor wondering why such a beautiful woman would be stuck with his father. Was she really in it just for the money? Did the money really mean that much to her? She must have somebody taking care of her physical needs. "We can stop and get whatever you want. Anything will be fine after what I have been eating for the last year."

An almost laugh spoke volumes about his father treating her the same way. Barely speaking to her at all she had a wing of the house all to herself as he never seemed interested in any physical contact with her outside of putting.g on a happy family man show for clients.

Since he isn't home why just get something to take home... what's open where we could sit down relax and talk. There is a wonderful Greek restaurant that opened up a few months ago I sometimes go to or the Japanese Hibachi and steakhouse.

She felt sorry for how his dad was to him but could relate all too well. A sad life when the one who should care and support is too self absorbed to even notice or withholds their love and care if things don't go their way.

We could sit and relax and get to know each other since we are technically family

"Why don't you pick the place and surprise me. I will be happy with anything. It would be great to get to know my step-mother." He thought about how hard it must be to be married to his father. He was not the most warm person. He did not like to talk, unless he was talking about business.

He dumped his bag in the trunk and got into the car with Lorelei. They headed out of the airport and he wondered what to talk about with Lorelei. Talking to a beautiful woman was not a problem, but talking with his father's wife was difficult. He had to be careful what he said. he did not want to upset her.

"You know what.... let's try the Japanese place. It sounds fun and it will give us a chance to get to know a member of the family with whom we are not familiar." Trevor watched Lorelei out of the corner of his eyes. At least there would be something pleasant to look at during his stay at his father's house.

Alright Japanese it is.

She glanced over with a smile as she left the airport driveway. Alexander cared less what she spent money on so she drove a very custom job Nissan Pathfinder that almost felt as warm and comfy as a home should feel. Music playing softly in the background as she drove. Long dark hair and almond eyes watched the road as they went along.

We can talk on the way there if you want. I am sure you have alot of questions I can see them.written all over your face. So what would you like to know Trevor?

"Wow..... up front and open. I like that. I am not used to that. With my father it is always a challenge to find the secret meaning to what he says." He smiled at her. He knew she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"So, tell me Lorelei did you marry him because it was what your father wanted you to do? Is it some kind of arranged marriage? Someone as beautiful and put together as you has to need more than what my father can provide? Did you decide to do it just for the money?" He realized that all of his questions were just flowing out of him.

"Sorry, but you did ask me what I wanted to know. I have a hard time holding back. It is one of the many things about me that my father doesn't like... I speak my mind and wear my emotions on my sleeve." Trevor continued to look at Lorelei as he talked. She was so easy on the eyes.

A marriage of mutual benefit... he gets someone to show off and the other partners off his case and I get away from the stifling expectations and demands of being a Callis. I have my own wing of the house as it were as he simply can not be bothered and as for the money the second wives club has told me that's the most relationship I should expect. Bug things redo the house to my tastes and enjoy what I can. Its not like he will care apparently none ofthem do unless its time to put on a good show for clients or potential clients.

She sighed thinking how all of that sounded and sighed looking back to the road.

"What do you do for enjoyment? There has to be more for you than just staying in a wing of the mansion, and redecorating it, and going out with a bunch of women who are married to rich older men doesn't sound like it is a lot of fun."

Trevor watched Lorelei's face for reaction. One of the things he was able to do real well was read people, and the look on Lorelei's face told him that she was not very happy. However, before she had the chance to answer they pulled up in front of the restaurant. Lorelei pulled up to the valet and they got out.

Trevor waited for Lorelei and followed her into the restaurant. As they approached the hostess Trevor said, "Yes, a table for my step mother and me please." Then he smiled at Lorelei.

She heard the sound in his voice as he called her his step mother and laughed a little.

You are enjoying this aren't you. Well to answer your question you have pretty much summed up what I do. Fix up the house talk with the other wives at the country club and shop. Pretty sad isn't it.

She smiled as the cook walked up to the table and prepared to cook for them. Ordering herself some Saki and requested the shrimp scallop and sirloin with the rice and veg.

Enough about me tell me about you Trevor.

"Come on... I was just teasing." He ordered the same thing Lorelei did. Then he looked into her eyes as she asked about him. "Well, growing up I was the spoiled little rich kid. I went to all the best private schools. I had all the best things. However, while I was in high school I realized that my father bought me things in an attempt to fill the void created by his inability to show any affection."

Trevor paused and took a drink of water. In high school I started to become a disappointment to my father. I didn't finish at the top of my class... I finished second. Then I didn't go to the school that he wanted me to. I went to the school that I wanted to go to. Finally, I shunned his first love. I did not go into his business as he had planned. He had talked about it for years. I wanted no part of it. I finally decided to join the Marine Corp, and now I return from my second tour overseas to see my father has taken on a trophy wife. Oh, yea, like I said before... I speak my mind."

Wife... that really doesn't fit what I have come to view it as. I am more like a business prop... taken out kissed hands held smiled to and complimented when it serves the interests of the business any other time I don't exist at least not to him.

I am happy to hear you went.your own way made your life your own unlike so many.of those little carbon copy crybaby brats helping their daddies with the business.

"At some point in high school I just decided that I was going to be my own person. Wasn't interested in having things handed to me anymore. I hot a good education and then decided to do something very different than what my father does. Was there part of me that did it to piss him off? Yes, there was, but I just decided that I wanted to serve my country. If I am not willing to fight for my freedom why should I expect someone else to do it for me?"

Trevor looked across the table at Lorelei. Her eyes were beautiful, but there was a sadness in them. He wondered if he was causing that sadness or if he was just bringing it to the surface.

Trevor pushed the food around on his plate. "Lorelei we can change the subject to anything you want or we can leave if you want. I don't want to make you unhappy."

I had always suspected that he would have treated you better. I understand that he and I are little more than a business arrangement but you are his son... a part of his very being... I... can't understand how he can be that with you but yes happier conversations. So any girlfriend or girlfriends I should expect to see showing up around the house?

She smiled and began to eat as the food was placed before them.

"No, there is no girlfriend that you expect to see. I have not been around here in a couple of years, so, any girls have been in other places. There is nobody at all for me now, so, I am just going to kick back and enjoy some free time."

Trevor watched Lorelei eat. He watched the food move over her lips and into her mouth. He found that somewhat sensual. "You won't have to worry about me being in your way. I will not interrupt your work on redesigning your wing of the mansion."

"If I go out, I will probably just hang out and catch up with some old friends."

I have redone the whole house. You would be surprised all he problems the contractor found and tried to tell your dad about it and he told him just do whatever my wife tells you I dont have time for this. So there is now a home gym in a room that nearly had to be gutted your room is fine they didn't have to do anything to it. There is also an arts room painting pottery wheel and all that or as I like to call it my outlet room.

She relaxed more as they talked. It was refreshing to have someone to talk to. He was so different from his father. Had Alexander ever been like this or did Trevor just end up his own creation.

He enjoyed talking to her. Why wouldn't he? After all, he was sitting in a restaurant with a beautiful, sexy woman. Even if it was his step-mother nobody knew that. She was extremely easy on the eyes and he did not stop his eyes from moving over her and taking her all in.

"A home gym? That is awesome. It will give me an opportunity to stay in shape for the six weeks that I will be home." He looked at her face to see her reaction to his being home that long. "Don't worry, I won't get in your way. I will stay away from your side of the house and come and go quietly."

She smiled a little again thinking that there would b someone at the house that might be someone to talk to.

That would be great and you don't have to constantly stay away.... I deal with... you don't have to avoid me I welcome.the.company

He smiled when she said that she welcomed the company. "I bet there is something else you would welcome," he thought. The idea of spending time with her was quite stimulating. The idea that she was his step-mother took on a rather arousing twist.

"Maybe we could workout together. Workouts are always better when you have someone to workout with.... someone to push you." Thinking bad thoughts about a workout.

That would be good... yeah.

She smiled noting the chef had already cleared away his stuff and was gone to the next table she finished her food and called the waitress over for the check.

A Tad too tired tonight but perhaps tomorrow some time we could workout. Fee free to wander around and look a all the upgrades and repairs made to the house.

She handed the waitress the credit card to pay and sat back finishing off her drink.

After she paid the check he followed her out of the restaurant. Once again he enjoyed the view from behind. "I think we should workout as soon as you get up in the morning. Morning workouts are a great way to start the day."

He got into her SUV and watched as the valet opened the door for her. The valet gave him a wink as if to say... nice job, have fun tonight. "I am going to head to bed when we get back. It has been a long day. I will have plenty of time to explore the house while I am home. Maybe you could even give me a guided tour of what you have done."

Back