Anyone from the UK?

UK’ers and/or Londoners. I need to do something at the weekend to break the monotony.

Any suggestions for good restaurants or bars in London? Going to go alone most likely so don’t worry too much about decor, this is more about the food!
Old Compton street nice fir drinks and Greek street. On kings road I like the big easy

UK’ers and/or Londoners. I need to do something at the weekend to break the monotony.

Any suggestions for good restaurants or bars in London? Going to go alone most likely so don’t worry too much about decor, this is more about the food!
Do a ghost walk, or jack the ripper, the little streets and areas you don't realize they are there.

The massive hustle trying to get out of Cropredy one year (I think it may have been the 25th anniversary one but I was so pissed all weekend I don't really recall).

Anyway it was shoulder to shoulder hippy and long hair people, and jammed like traffic, and I started mooing and it caught on. Soon everyone was lowing like the most disturbed cattle herd ever.
Took a Canale boat through there one year

Sir John Soanes Museum is good, the area is pretty quiet too at weekends, mooch around the Inns of Court, see if the cat in the Ruff is in the pub

This grub sub-thread is very London-centric. All I've got is the Balti Triangle. We used to get takeaways from one in Balsall Heath that seemed to be very proud that Dave (Lord) Cameron once rolled up his working class man of the people sleeves and ate a token curry there, probably in an election year.

They had photos on the wall and everything.

Such a tourist trap! Did you do Camden Town and get a tattoo as well?
Used to love Camden then the market got sold and it was all i❤️ ldn t shirts.

I fucked a store holder down on the canal when I was
aged
He was older than my dad. Lol.

Last edited:
Such a tourist trap! Did you do Camden Town and get a tattoo as well?
No I went to Hyde Park to see Billy Joel live .. had to walk from our town house in Kensington though. And it was a hot day with two pregnant daughters with us.

My confession: I have been to Portobello Road, Brick Lane and Camden Town purely in search of secondhand film cameras, not vittles.

Came away with the spoils in two out of three. Never found anything worth a damn in Camden.

depends what part of London.

There's some nice places in Hammersmith, but if you're not that way, a bit inconvenient.

I only eat out if i'm going to a gig and no time to go home. Which reminds me, I am going out on saturday!
I am not far, if you have suggestions let me know.

Really good suggestions all round. Borough Market used to have a place called Oliver’s I really liked, might see if it’s still there.

I am not far, if you have suggestions let me know.

Really good suggestions all round. Borough Market used to have a place called Oliver’s I really liked, might see if it’s still there.

There's a creperie near the H&C tube (across the street) and an indian veggie (Sagar, i think) place down the main road (sorry, useless with street names).

I've done Borough Market at the weekend and it was tourist central! it's the new Camden.

Brick Lane has gone downhill a bit, but there are still some good curry places.

I'm poor, so tend to go in cheap places. There's the scandi cafe down Gt Tichfield St if you fancy an open sarnie for lunch

Scandi sounds good. Okay, I have the bare bones of a plan. Thanks all.

Sorry, been one of those days where the brain hasn’t got much brainpower!

Scandi sounds good. Okay, I have the bare bones of a plan. Thanks all.

Sorry, been one of those days where the brain hasn’t got much brainpower!
That's most days for me. I thought penguins could fly. I think I was confused with puffins! They can fly right?

Back