What's a man's motive?

A man has been flirty with me for a few weeks whenever I see him out. Recently he gave me a hug, talked some more then gave me another hug, kissed my cheek and then 3 kisses to my neck.

So is he interested, guys you all don't just go around kissing a woman's neck do you?

we've been flirty with each other, I'm not upset he did it. I enjoyed it, just wondering the motive behind it.
If so - reaching for someone’s neck and placing kisses there - that would be one way for me to show some serious interest.

we've been flirty with each other, I'm not upset he did it. I enjoyed it, just wondering the motive behind it.
could be a few different motives as per other answers. I think you need to give him a very clear and unambiguous signal that is IF and only if you want it to further. If not, send an equally clear signal in the other direction….

He doesn't do it with others that I've noticed and he is always polite and respectful.

Just ask him... well we're both married that's a tiptoeing question

well we're both married that's a tiptoeing question
If so, I’d say you should really investigate your own feelings and have a talk with and ask him to either stop or you both start acting on the fling that could potentially lead further with possible complications in your respective relationships.
Thread carefully!

The man's motive is that he wants to fuck you, hopefully without consequences. That's a given for any heterosexual man. Next question is if you can both deal with that - will that be enough or do either of you want more?

If so, I’d say you should really investigate your own feelings and have a talk with and ask him to either stop or you both start acting on the fling that could potentially lead further with possible complications in your respective relationships.
Thread carefully!
Agree with la_ruche. Comes a point where you have to stop beating around the bush and have an honest chat about intentions and consequences

Agree with la_ruche. Comes a point where you have to stop beating around the bush and have an honest chat about intentions and consequences
He could be living in an open relationship for example, could be part of his behaviour and then an honest chat is really needed.

So I guy you're just flirting with kissed you on the neck? and 3 times? That's like Dirty Old Man/Pervert territory 👀
That's the move of a Gropey Man that can then deny it on the basis of he was "just being playful"............not that I'm an expert at that or anything 😊.............or am I?🤔:LOL:

Unless your French or something I'd wear turtlenecks for a bit until you can sort this out

So I guy you're just flirting with kissed you on the neck? and 3 times? That's like Dirty Old Man/Pervert territory 👀
That's the move of a Gropey Man that can then deny it on the basis of he was "just being playful"............not that I'm an expert at that or anything 😊.............or am I?🤔:LOL:

Unless your French or something I'd wear turtlenecks for a bit until you can sort this out
It was 3 kisses down my neck. He's not a dirty old man. I've been out of the flirting game for a while so 🤷‍♀️.

Yeah turtle neck in the heat is not an option for me

The only way to be sure of his intentions, and is standard protocol in such circumstances, is to say at the proper moment, “Kiss this!” and flip up your skirt and do a pelvic thrust.

I have never kissed a woman's neck if we were not in a relationship. I asked my wife, and she said the only time a man kissed her neck was in a bar after he told her he wanted to have sex with her. I think he is giving you a clear signal.

Nick kissing is well beyond flirting. It’s kinda strange that he’s going that far

I have never kissed a woman's neck if we were not in a relationship. I asked my wife, and she said the only time a man kissed her neck was in a bar after he told her he wanted to have sex with her. I think he is giving you a clear signal.

Exactly. I’d be very careful with someone who thinks they can go around kissing whoever on the neck

A man has been flirty with me for a few weeks whenever I see him out. Recently he gave me a hug, talked some more then gave me another hug, kissed my cheek and then 3 kisses to my neck.

So is he interested, guys you all don't just go around kissing a woman's neck do you?
That's not flirting. Just how stupid are you?

The man's motive is that he wants to fuck you, hopefully without consequences. That's a given for any heterosexual man. Next question is if you can both deal with that - will that be enough or do either of you want more?
I am so fucking tired of this bullshit of generalizing every single man because some are perverts. Amazingly, I have no desire to fuck every single woman. Like most men, I have the ability to function in society understanding that there are more important reasons to engage with anybody than just sexual reasons.

I know it would be much easier for all women to think all men think this way. We don't. Some don't think this way at all. But keep on spewing this hatred-filled speech, because I know some men deserve to be thought of this way, but not all of us.

I am so fucking tired of this bullshit of generalizing every single man because some are perverts. Amazingly, I have no desire to fuck every single woman. Like most men, I have the ability to function in society understanding that there are more important reasons to engage with anybody than just sexual reasons.

I know it would be much easier for all women to think all men think this way. We don't. Some don't think this way at all. But keep on spewing this hatred-filled speech, because I know some men deserve to be thought of this way, but not all of us.
Sanctimonious claptrap.
Men don't need to be perverts to want a fuck, but this thread is all about a perv.

Sanctimonious claptrap.
Men don't need to be perverts to want a fuck, but this thread is all about a perv.
Correct - it's about A perv, yet you bring us all into it. I've never kissed a women's neck that I wasn't dating or married, and it was part of our relationship.

Okay. There are social norms and civilized behavior to consider.

Unless the guy is mentally deranged, putting your lips on another person's neck, grabbing their shoulders to "massage", or sticking your nose in their hair to sniff are intimately "too close for comfort" when dealing with another person with whom they know is married or in a long-term relationship. Merely the optics of being seen by another third person places the married one at risk and becomes a threat to that married one!!! So, at the very least the guy doing it is exceedingly selfish, and completely ignorant of you and your situation or feelings!

And even if it's done in private with no chance of a third person observing it, that guy is pushing the limits to provoke a response from the woman. So, it's a provocative act! He's trying to elicit some response from you, either positive or negative, then based on your response, he'll decide what to do next ... push further? or make an excuse such as "Oh, it's just my culture".

He's ultimately fishing for sex!!! Unless the woman has been dropping hints or starting the flirting, he's a pervert or sexual predator.

Back