Litiquette VI

How close do you think Literotica reflects your real life?

• 100%, The way I interact here is exactly how I interact in real life

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • 0%, Are you crazy. Literotica is as far away from my real life as anything could possibly be and I l

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • 50%, It's close to my real life, at least how I interact publicly

Votes: 43 22.3%
  • 50% I'm far more kinky, naughty, filthy here than I am in real life.

Votes: 87 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in the spirit of the US holiday let me ask you this: what is the attraction to backyard fireworks? I mean that aren't anywhere close to the big professional shows, and there's always that one neighbor that starts way too early and goes way too late. Whoops, apologies if that is you...

Ugh, I don't know. I'm one of those dumb people who are terrified of them. They don't look that cool, they cost a ridiculous amount of money, and someone always takes it too far.
And folks in my neck of the woods, shoot them for days afterwards and I have to play the game of - Is that a firework or a gun shot?

Ok, pardon my bah humbug Independence spirit. Carry on.

We never did the backyard fireworks thing when I was a kid and when I lived in apartments it wasn't feasible. So by the time I'd gotten my first house I was just to busy maintaining it and working overtime to pay the bills and house payments. I guess that's when I realized where my parents were coming from on all of that.

Then couple in the same things PLP just mentioned, inconsiderate neighbors shooting fireworks at all hours for days before and days after. So it was more enjoyable to go to a municipal or county fireworks exhibition. Those I really enjoy, constant neighborhood fireworks, I don't enjoy.

So, in the spirit of the US holiday let me ask you this: what is the attraction to backyard fireworks? I mean that aren't anywhere close to the big professional shows, and there's always that one neighbor that starts way too early and goes way too late. Whoops, apologies if that is you...

I have thoughts on both sides of this coin. I am old enough to remember when there were not huge public fireworks displays where you and 250,000 other people clamor to see the latest, largest and most intricate set-to-music fireworks displays.

Growing up, even if there was an extravagant (for the time period and lame by today's standards) fireworks display in our area, I can only remember going to those kinds of events only once. We also never had fireworks in our childhood neighborhood. But...there were several times when we would spend our time up on the lake at our grandparents farm and earned the rite of passage to be old enough to shoot off the bottle rockets and roman candles that were bought and shared by all the eligible cousins. I guess it was a much simpler time where there was pure joy for a boy to combine fire with things that explode. They were rare, but those were fond times partly because of the fireworks but more so for the memories shared with tons of cousins that to this day love to reflect on those days at the farm. So I will go against the grain and say yeah....it was an exciting thing to do as a boy because it was a rare event.

Now, as I am older, there is a flipside to childhood fun and I see the total excess and all the nasty smoke in confined areas not to mention the damage the constant barrage of fireworks does to pets and some vets who still have trouble dealing with loud noises. I will gladly sacrifice show for sanity and compassion.

It is totally illegal to own and shoot aerial fireworks of any kind here on this island. Repeat...we are on an island and EVERYTHING is imported. And yet, each and every celebratory holiday, there is an abundance of neighborhood aerial fireworks to turn them into a smoky, exploding backdrop for the next freaking war movie. Some even rival the public display which is great for here but an embarrassment as far as displays go. I don't know where all these illegal fireworks come from but apparently even though they are illegal, there isn't a real effort to contain them.

So these days, fireworks really don't do much for me but as a young kid eager to put flame to the awaiting bottle rocket, it was celebratory in a coming of age kind of way.

LMAO....yeah...that neighbor who starts around June 28 and goes until August.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I occasionally do my own. They are typically "small" and most of the time only the "legal" variety (shower of sparks, etc). Although I have bought and fired off some pretty big stuff once in a while (morters are the BOMB! :D)

I like to do my own because it's fun to blow shit up. It's as simple as that. It's just fun. That's all there is to it.

I do it on the fourth because that's the accepted time (unlike the guy who starts too early and goes too long).

I was just saying this last night!

Our backyard neighbor was setting them off for like an hour! I live in a state that allows aerials as long as you aren’t in certain areas near the mountains (of course there’s always several fires so it’s stupid.) The neighbor had good ones, but also ones that just made noise. I don’t get those!

Also, fireworks are legal here from July 1-31 because our Founders Day is also in July...so we have them almost nightly all month long. By August I’m so over them!

I’m also scared to death of them...heard too many stories about people getting hurt. Maybe it’s a guy thing about “blowing shit up”? :)

*shrugs*

All I know is I will be swearing every night for the next 28 days...

I'm in the "Lighten up, Francis" camp on this one.

I don't light them off myself because I like each of my fingers very much. But I don't care if others want to take that risk.

What would you be willing to give up for consistent, incredible sex?

Nothing more than what you usually give up in a relationship

I used to really like backyard fireworks. My dad insisted that it be completely safe. We had a 40' dirt circle where the pool used to be, and that's where it was done. I wasn't allowed to use any fireworks by myself, but 4 years into it, and I thought I was a pro. I started making my own fireworks, by unraveling firecrackers, and putting 4+ of them together. Stupidity was that I thought by removing the gunpowder out of the fuses, that would make a slower burning fuse. Wrong!

I tried out a home-made firecracker, put it in a plastic straw to make the bang louder, set the fuse, turned to run and it went off almost immediately. I thought I was deaf, but it was only my ears ringing. I was lucky. Never made my own again.

Enjoyed going to friend's houses as long as they were not home made fireworks. Well, that rule got changed, because one friend brought half sticks of dynamite as part of the fireworks, and got a thrill out of tossing it into the street. He wasn't a kid, but about 35 years old.

It was Florida, NO body has big back yards and most have a pool there, and even smaller front yards.

Since then, I've stopped going to anything but professional fireworks, but in recent years, I find it hard to breathe if I'm anywhere near fireworks.

So, now all I do is watch it on television.

Ok, here we go, I have a question.

Ever think about how easy you are to love?
Why is it that some people are easier to fall in love with or stay in love with, while others require more maintenance tweaking to keep that passion going?
Is it based on personality, and if that’s the case, is a free spirit easier to love than someone very analytical and high strung?

Why is it that some people are easier to fall in love with or stay in love with, while others require more maintenance tweaking to keep that passion going?
Is it based on personality, and if that’s the case, is a free spirit easier to love than someone very analytical and high strung?
I think it all boils down to compatability. There are some crazy mf'ers out there who do batshit crazy things. But there are people out there who dig that drama and "passion".

When your crazy is compatible with someone else's, it makes loving each other much easier. Even if the personality/qualities are not what most people would consider to be "easy".

Deadpool has it right, IMO...

your-crazy-matches-my-crazy-big-time-dead-pool-16043009.png

I think it all boils down to compatability. There are some crazy mf'ers out there who do batshit crazy things. But there are people out there who dig that drama and "passion".

When your crazy is compatible with someone else's, it makes loving each other much easier. Even if the personality/qualities are not what most people would consider to be "easy".

Deadpool has it right, IMO...

your-crazy-matches-my-crazy-big-time-dead-pool-16043009.png

Exactly!

In fact my top 3 "relationship goals" couples are:

Wade and Vanessa
Morticia and Gomez
Tonks and Lupin

tumblr_p600fuN21I1u4kolmo1_540.gif

A guest question, I'm liking this.

I think yes, I think some people are definitely easier to love than others. Some people are mean, some selfish, some thoughtless, all to varying degrees. Sometimes we take more of one than the other because of the positives out weighing the negatives. True some of it is compatibility but that doesn't mean that someone is any easier to love.

Having said that, some people are just damn near perfect...

First off, props to LWulf for elucidating perfectly just how idiotic us Floridians can be. I think I know the 35 year old with the dynamite. If he went by the nickname “Fuzz” we may or may not have made out at the middle school bus stop. Anyways.

Happy Day After the 4th, everyone :) I’m sunburnt but in a good way and can still taste the salt on my lips from today’s trip to the beach. Ahhhhh summmmer.

The easy to love question: aww, makes me think of one of my BFs tattoos. PM for details. Or just inquire with Florida Law Enforcement. Chuckling...

I think I’m kinda annoying to love. I wanna say I’m low maintenance but who am I kidding. I am sensitive as all holy hell. And verbose. Bad combo.

...Unless writing is the medium.

So I thrive here on Lit! Kidding. Kind of.

I used to think of my ex hubs as a porcupine. He was so damn prickly. But he was MY porcupine. (Awww, right? Told myself that till I found myself in my attorney’s office!)

Anyhoo.

Like Suz said, I think it’s got a lot to do with Deadpool. :)

And knowing what’s important to me, where my boundaries are, what to overlook and what to call out. Knowing when to stay or go. Knowing what our shared goals are and whether we are moving towards them — that accrues a lot of “get out of jail free” cards. It’s a constant balancing act. And it begins with me. Gotta keep side of the street clean and remember every time in pointing a finger at someone else, there’s three fingers pointing back at me.

Yeah, I’m a handful. Good thing the BF has big, strong hands. ;)

*blindly gropes for a handful of Trekka* *And the BF, if he's nearby* :D

First off, props to LWulf for elucidating perfectly just how idiotic us Floridians can be. I think I know the 35 year old with the dynamite. If he went by the nickname “Fuzz” we may or may not have made out at the middle school bus stop. Anyways.

Well, I wasn't a Floridarian when I was making my own firecrackers. So, Idiotic, can be pretty universal in that regard.

After that, there are few places you can legally buy and use dynamite. In NY for instance, "M-80's" are (non legal) but common "firecrackers" that are used during the 4th of July. Essentially I believe they are equal to a 1/4 stick of dynamite. I believe they are also referred to as "trash cans" because kids would through them into a trash can (back when trash cans were metal) to magnify the sound of them going off.

As far as the fella's name, I don't recall if his name was Fuzz. that was more than 20 years ago, and I only met him on a few rare occasions. Him throwing the half sticks into the street before or after cars drove by was unnerving. I was shocked everybody thought it was a hoot, but then, I never really drank alcohol, while everyone around me did frequently.

Something about the people you surround yourself with...

Phew....I thought this thread was History...
I was so naive at 20....I thought everything was black and white and I probably would have run from you all.
At 40 I find it liberating, educational and treat it less like a hook up site and more like an online community of like minded pervs. It satisfies a need I'm not comfortable sharing publicly and probably only will share with whoever makes me not single...*hello...are you out there ? Lol

Early morning quickie: the general rule is everything in moderation. It's a good rule to try and live by but sometimes hard to successfully pull off. What are you "excessive" with, something you know you probably shouldn't be? When do the short term benefits far exceed your long term concerns?

I'm excessive with my emotions. I just can't share them. I lived in an emotionless world for so long that now, if I feel a certain way, I say it. Man....it's scares people.

Hmmm, apparently I need to do some more work around here.

What would you be willing to give up for consistent, incredible sex?
single life lol, sleep, food, wine, marriage...as in if it meant not getting married to keep the person
I am not a fan of backyard fireworks...but the kids love it...Sooo. ..they win

I think about it all the time. Especially now that I'm single for going on three plus years. I had a brief relationship where he said I 'loved life' so much it scared him and it made him afraid...hmmm is that code?
My ex said I was hard to love because I attached too many emotions to 'things'. In that vein...maybe a free spirit would be easier to love?

Chained in slacking with questions, slaps his ass.
Perhaps he needs some boob pics for inspiration.
Anyways, I’m bubbling with a few.

Can someone be sexy but not pretty/handsome or vice versa? What is it that distinguishes between these two traits - Appearance? Their actions? Mind set?
But then if we remove appearance, can one only be attracted to your way of thinking and not necessarily your looks?
Where or how do you feel you fit in to all of this?
Plow away at this one.

Can someone be sexy but not pretty/handsome or vice versa? What is it that distinguishes between these two traits - Appearance? Their actions? Mind set?
But then if we remove appearance, can one only be attracted to your way of thinking and not necessarily your looks?
Plow away at this one.

Most definitely. Sexy is not tied to looks. For example, a woman I work with: her face is homely, she’s about 5’0” and pushing 300 lbs easy but she is sexy. It’s all about her attitude. I will admit that she has amazing cleavage that is usually on display, but she is always teasing, flirty and happy.

I also work with a woman who spends a crazy amount of time at the gym and is one of the coldest people I have ever met. I’m sure she gets looks walking down the street, but her personality is crap. So not sexy.

Most definitely. Sexy is not tied to looks. For example, a woman I work with: her face is homely, she’s about 5’0” and pushing 300 lbs easy but she is sexy. It’s all about her attitude. I will admit that she has amazing cleavage that is usually on display, but she is always teasing, flirty and happy.

I also work with a woman who spends a crazy amount of time at the gym and is one of the coldest people I have ever met. I’m sure she gets looks walking down the street, but her personality is crap. So not sexy.

The first woman you described falls under my concept of Erotic. The second hits me like eye candy. Pretty to look at...but no thanks.

Lit has a amazing amount of Erotic People on it. Men and Women Both!

Chained in slacking with questions, slaps his ass.
Perhaps he needs some boob pics for inspiration.
Anyways, I’m bubbling with a few.

Plow away at this one.

Yes. I've seen some very plain looking women who while physically unattractive radiated sensuality and sexuality. They'd enter a room and everyone would be around them and had to work hard at keeping up with them. Smart, confident women make their own set of rules.

Then on the other hand I've known a few absolutely world class beautiful women who were either so narcissistic or dull that they looked good but weren't sexy or remotely sensual. I've had friends who marred their wives solely based on their looks. That didn't always work out so well.

Curious....

So if the "non attractive" ones are sexy and seem to garner interest and the good looking are at times cold and boring, which do men honestly want to date?

....in my experiences it is the eye candy regardless of personality and such.

Maybe one day men will see value in the rest of us. 🙂

I think that spark of real* attraction is two kindred spirits finding each other. :heart:

*real as differentiated from "I want to slather him with BBQ sauce and eat him for dinner, even though he's an asshole."

I think that spark of real* attraction is two kindred spirits finding each other. :heart:

*real as differentiated from "I want to slather him with BBQ sauce and eat him for dinner, even his asshole."

Fixed it for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back