Trump compared to Churchill

Ah, NEWSMAX. Be still, my heart! Be surprised they haven't yet compared DJ Tromp with George Washington (who inadvertently started the first global war) or Yeshua bir Miryam (pre-crucifixion). Give them time; they'll get there.

Ah, a Churchillian comparison: Tromp doesn't drink, doesn't think, and has neither pets nor governmental experience. Feh.

Ah, NEWSMAX. Be still, my heart! Be surprised they haven't yet compared DJ Tromp with George Washington (who inadvertently started the first global war) or Yeshua bir Miryam (pre-crucifixion). Give them time; they'll get there.

Ah, a Churchillian comparison: Tromp doesn't drink, doesn't think, and has neither pets nor governmental experience. Feh.

By "the first global war" do you mean the Seven Year's War?

I have seen many posts comparing Trump to Hitler. I thought a little balancing was in order. He's really not much like either, but he's probably less unlike Hitler.

my favorite churchill quote:

dowager: you, sir, are drunk!

churchill: and you, madame, are ugly but i'll be sober tomorrow.

that sounds like something trump might say if he had an education, wit and a vocabulary. unfortunately, his response would have probably been "yor stoopid".

Well, they both had the same JOWLS.

And they were both OLD.

That's about where the comparison ends.

Beyond the obvious, Churchill was not a thin-skinned ninny. He wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth and daddy's money, so he had to put in the effort.

If Twitter existed at the time, could you imagine Churchill quibbling with female private citizens, like a catty 14 year old schoolgirl?

Nah

Well, they both had the same JOWLS.

And they were both OLD.

That's about where the comparison ends.

Beyond the obvious, Churchill was not a thin-skinned ninny. He wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth and daddy's money, so he had to put in the effort.

If Twitter existed at the time, could you imagine Churchill quibbling with female private citizens, like a catty 14 year old schoolgirl?

Nah

Churchill's father, Lord Randolph Churchill, was hereditary nobility and was active in national politics. Winston's grandfather was the Duke of Marlborough. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as being born with a silver spoon in his mouth and with a bit of money in the UK. Winston's mother was American, and she came with silver spoons, as well.

Churchill's father, Lord Randolph Churchill, was hereditary nobility and was active in national politics. Winston's grandfather was the Duke of Marlborough. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as being born with a silver spoon in his mouth and with a bit of money in the UK. Winston's mother was American, and she came with silver spoons, as well.

He did not inherit much money due to his father's line in the inheritance. He had to write for a living. He wasn't spoiled like Dump. He struggled.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. Trump could not even live up to the personal integrity of one of Churchill's turds.

This is just more right wing fantasy about a selfish and scatter-brained jerk.

He did not inherit much money due to his father's line in the inheritance. He had to write for a living. He wasn't spoiled like Dump. He struggled.

He was raised and lived in solid upper-class position. Silver spoon applies totally. I was raised with silver spoons. I've always had to work hard to maintain position, but I'm not unaware of the advantages in getting that done of being raised with inherited position.

Last edited:
Churchill went to several wars, including the Western Front in WW1. At the Battle of Omdurman he had to use a gun one handed because of injury.

In WW2 his advisors had to keep Churchill away from the front line. Unlike Hitler buried deep underground in his bunker, Churchill would stand on a Whitehall roof watching the German Bombers during the Blitz. Although a secret underground war room was built for Churchill and the cabinet, he never used it. The museum that is the Churchill War Rooms in Whitehall could have been pierced by almost any German bomb. The Nazis never tried to bomb it because they thought Churchill would be as protected as Hitler.

Well, yes, Churchill was personally fearless and Trump is a draft-dodging bully coward.

.....and let's not even get to the intellect discussion. By the way sr71plt - is your moniker accurate or just as "wish"?

.....and let's not even get to the intellect discussion. By the way sr71plt - is your moniker accurate or just as "wish"?

It's long-past, brief history. It certainly makes the natives here restless, though.

Churchill was all for carpet-bombing Iraqi cities and spreading poison gas, starving Indians, and sending masses of Kenyans (including Obama's grandfather) to concentration camps. Tromp hasn't quite gone that far yet. Give him time.

Come to think about it, I actually do see a lot of similarities between Trump and Churchill's turds.

Back