The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not afraid of ropes. And I can handle grouchy people.

Some of you will remember I lost my brother a year ago to cancer. Six months before his diagnosis, my brother-in-law received a similar diagnosis. The doctors at Mayo Clinic told him to go home and get things in order. They gave him a few months, tops. He passed away this morning. Middle fifties. Far too young. They were blessed to have the time they did (close to two years). He worked yet yesterday. They were on a color tour with family. My heart hurts for them.

Condolences to the family.

Some of you will remember I lost my brother a year ago to cancer. Six months before his diagnosis, my brother-in-law received a similar diagnosis. The doctors at Mayo Clinic told him to go home and get things in order. They gave him a few months, tops. He passed away this morning. Middle fifties. Far too young. They were blessed to have the time they did (close to two years). He worked yet yesterday. They were on a color tour with family. My heart hurts for them.
:rose:

.The extract is strong but very smooth. You use it like espresso. You can refrigerate it and make "Americano" coffee for a week or so, depending on how much you drink.

The method is a waste of coffee. You don't get as much from a pound of coffee as you would brewing it normally.
I make the concentrate every summer to use for my morning iced coffee.

These days, yesterday-today-tomorrow. be perilous. Way too much driving, too many missed turns. Too much avoidance of wildfire air. Tomorrow we hopefully WILL continue to San Francisco, to the kids and grandkids. Unless winds shift again. Then a cardiologist again next week. Just one damn thing after another.

More coffee. More coffee. More coffee.

Erm. . . . . ICED coffee ?
Would you care to expand please ?

:eek: I only do that on really hot days? Hee hee.

Yeah, I'm a hot coffee girl most of the time but when you wake up and it's already hot and humid, iced coffee is the only way to go. Admittedly, we didn't have much of that this summer.

Summer?

The search for parking spaces around my seafront home today is nearly as bad as a hot August day. The beachutters are making the most of the warm sunny weather. The sailors and rowers are out in force, as are the jet skis.

Summer?

The search for parking spaces around my seafront home today is nearly as bad as a hot August day. The beachutters are making the most of the warm sunny weather. The sailors and rowers are out in force, as are the jet skis.

It may be mid October but we're expecting thunderstorms tonight.

It may be mid October but we're expecting thunderstorms tonight.

Fall. Rain. Leaves are turning brown and gold. Got a damp gray day that's not chilly at all. Just damp and gray. Bacon and bagels and fried eggs and coffee soon and then it's a .....writing day! Shopping is done, laundry is done, the big guy is out for Sunday doing guy things with his buddies and I have a whole entire day to do nothing but write. And two Halloween stories to get going on. It's going to be fun ....

Fall. Rain. Leaves are turning brown and gold. Got a damp gray day that's not chilly at all. Just damp and gray. Bacon and bagels and fried eggs and coffee soon and then it's a .....writing day! Shopping is done, laundry is done, the big guy is out for Sunday doing guy things with his buddies and I have a whole entire day to do nothing but write. And two Halloween stories to get going on. It's going to be fun ....

Ah, enjoy! Worked yesterday so today is laundry, groceries, cleaning, cooking, et cetera. A bit of reading now. Hoping to edit my second Halloween entry later. It's 26 pages long at the moment. I actually expect it to get longer. :rolleyes:

Ah, enjoy! Worked yesterday so today is laundry, groceries, cleaning, cooking, et cetera. A bit of reading now. Hoping to edit my second Halloween entry later. It's 26 pages long at the moment. I actually expect it to get longer. :rolleyes:

Wow. 26 pages! Epic! That's going to be a looooong edit. Enjoy!

Oatmeal muffins with butter, peanut butter or jelly. I'll leave them on the counter.

Oh, yum! Do I have to make a choice?

I've shot out a quick fan-fic on the Discworld. The characters are under age so it's non-erotic but I think it better be posted in Fantasy and SF. I'll probably catch hell for it for both reasons but whatheHell, I write for amusement--my own!

HP edited it for me so I'll be posting it today or tomorrow.

Wow. 26 pages! Epic! That's going to be a looooong edit. Enjoy!

I'm going to be taking it in three or four stages.

Oh, yum! Do I have to make a choice?

I've shot out a quick fan-fic on the Discworld. The characters are under age so it's non-erotic but I think it better be posted in Fantasy and SF. I'll probably catch hell for it for both reasons but whatheHell, I write for amusement--my own!

HP edited it for me so I'll be posting it today or tomorrow.

Awesome! Can't wait to read it.

Why should you choose? I didn't. ;)

Afternooner all,

Spent a lazy morning in bed. Well, maybe lazy isn't the right word. Slow, sensuous, lustful, satisfying. Yeah, that's more like it.

Now it is coffee and glazed honey buns for lunch. Hmmm, Honey's buns for an after lunch snack. That is if she wakes up before I get caught up in writing.

Calm and sunny day here, but not as warm as it has been lately.

I had football on a little earlier and noticed that Duncan Donuts was advertising iced cold-brewed coffee.

And I'll get a little writing done. I did some earlier before chores took over. I'll do some again before they take over again.

I managed to do some serious re-ordering of words in one story which has been on the stocks for months and managed to add about another 5k.
I have another which I doubt will be finished in time for Halloween but should be.
But I'm beginning to feel better about being 'creative'; I have loads of paragraphs and pages of nonsense just begging to be completed, but I am hopeless at working out the idea ending.

Oh well, time for a pre-bedtime cup of tea, I think

I managed to do some serious re-ordering of words in one story which has been on the stocks for months and managed to add about another 5k.
I have another which I doubt will be finished in time for Halloween but should be.
But I'm beginning to feel better about being 'creative'; I have loads of paragraphs and pages of nonsense just begging to be completed, but I am hopeless at working out the idea ending.

Oh well, time for a pre-bedtime cup of tea, I think

Yay!

Sweet dreams when you get there. :rose:

Happy Moanday. The coffee is ready The kettle is hot. Help yourself.

Morning HP, how's the hurricane research coming?

It's cold. We haven't even reached fifty yet this morning.

We had our first frost this morning. Officially it didn't get below 37, but I had frost on the lawn. I won't know how damaging it was until I get home this afternoon.

The big ballooning event officially ended yesterday, but there were still dozens of balloons flying this morning.

I was so distracted when I left home that I left my travel mug of coffee behind. Now I'm drinking a cup made from the beans that have been sitting in my office since last winter. I dumped the beans. The coffee is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back