The New Robber Barons

4est_4est_Gump

Run Forrest! RUN!
One of the legacies of the Obama era was the triumph of green advocacy and identity politics over class.

No one has grasped that reality better that the new billionaire barons of the West Coast. As long as they appeared cool, as they long as they gave lavishly to left-wing candidates, and as long as they mouthed liberal platitudes on global warming, gay marriage, abortion, and identity politics, they earned exemption from progressive scorn.

The result was that they outsourced, offshored, monopolized, censored, and made billions — without much fear of media muckraking, trust-busting politicians, unionizing activists, or diversity lawsuits.

Hip billionaire corporatism is one of the strangest progressive hypocrisies of our times.
Victor Davis Hanson

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/450549/print

"The new elite are overwhelmingly left-wing. They head off criticism by investing mostly in the Democratic party, the traditional font of social and political criticism of corporate wealth."

VDH

They purchase their indulgences so they can live in heaven behind Y-y-y-y-yuge walls...

;) ;)

... and hire the undocumented for cheap lawn care and use copious amounts of water to keep the lawn green during water shortages (for the little people).

.com's best coup was taking ownership of the word "free".

Facebook is Free....Free will make you rich and by implication, set you free.

Clearly, it is costless, but certainly not free and getting even more so.

;) ;)

Take Google, for example...

141f17e64510b35b3e340d8ba01788ea--poor-children-historical-pictures.jpg

Plus la change....plus le meme chose.

Indeed they stay the same with the caveat that the usual suspects have stopped railing at them in order to go for men of lesser wealth whom have the temerity to wear suits...

My best friends daughter makes close to 300,000usd a year thanks to a Gates Foundation grant.

Then again, she has some serious ivy league papers.

Papers? Show us your papers...

The future for the masses is not particularly bright, though better than in Africa, for now.

Sounds about right. Fund your peer group and defenders.

The poor just don't need the money, but the intellectual Left needs to be paid off for their silence.

:cool:

Whether they now it or not they are "Paying the Dane-Gelt." They are buying themselves short term security/immunity at a price that will come due when what they are financing comes to fruition.

Ishmael

Whether they now it or not they are "Paying the Dane-Gelt." They are buying themselves short term security/immunity at a price that will come due when what they are financing comes to fruition.

Ishmael

When the flight I was waiting for was about to begin boarding, the young lady, whose eye I had caught before, came over to me and said, “We will overthrow your patriarchy.”

I looked at her, and in as pleasant a manner as I could muster under the circumstances, asked her, “I do not wish to get into a conversation that will simply go in circles, but I have just one question I wish to ask, would you prefer to make all of your important life decisions or have those decisions made by a bureaucrat in Washington who does not know you?”

After a few seconds and a quizzical expression on her face she replied, “Well, I want to like make those decisions for myself.”

To which I replied, “Then, relentlessly ask those you mindlessly support what their end-game is and you will find out that they are nothing more than robotic advocates for an all-powerful government to control all aspects of your life.”

With that the conversation ended as she turned and walked away shaking her head in disagreement and I pondering what will become of this nation over the next 30 years.
Steve McCann

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/the_civil_rights_con.html#ixzz4q14pK0XD

So the point of this is not to advocate for the breaking up of Google, Amazon, et al. (which would be a curious position for a libertarian to take), but to poke fun at liberals because they haven't been very vocal about calling for that —in other words, liberals are big old hypocrites and still very bad people because they agree with us on this issue?

Um, OK.

So the point of this is not to advocate for the breaking up of Google, Amazon, et al. (which would be a curious position for a libertarian to take), but to poke fun at liberals because they haven't been very vocal about calling for that —in other words, liberals are big old hypocrites and still very bad people because they agree with us on this issue?

Um, OK.

Tell me what the fuck you are talking about...

:eek:

All that it seems that you are doing is addressing me and not the topic which is the willful blindness of the Left as these rich Liberals engage in every behavior they claim to be adamantly opposed to, but hypocritically are willing to stay quiet about as long as these billionaires give them lip service and money. How you get to breakups and Libertarians is beyond me.

What time do you report to your part-time job today?

I make more on investments than I do working. If I were living paycheck to paycheck as I assume you do, then I would be like you and your bestie Throb, scrambling to make something, anything out of your "peak earning years."

Back