Why did you leave and why are you back?

8PointSika

Really Really Experienced
A bit of a social experiment....

Some have been on Lit for a long time, some have been and gone.... some have returned again.

Want to know your initial reasons for leaving and then returning....

Mine:
Leaving - life got in the way of spending time scrolling through Lit
Back - insatiable appetite for eroticism

:cool:

I'm in my 4th year and like most folk I disappear for the odd few weeks here and there.
Never actually thought - "Right that's it! No more!"
If I'm feeling anti-social I just stay away.......... Guess that's why I'm not here very much.....:D

Been on and off for years
Left last time because I got a load of abuse from some woman. Has happened again but I just thought what a sad lonely women

I've been on lit for 12 years. I come and go because I just feel like it. There's no other credible reason other than that. Overall I enjoy it here, but at times I need a break. The people bring me back. I've made some good friends here, and always hope to make more.

I left and dumped my first screen name kinda like I dumped that part of my life. Came back determined to be more of the real me. Hence my new screen name. It's like most things, sometimes you miss it and other times it's just a way to pass time when the weather is lousy.

I could probably say a lot of things but will simplify it. Curiosity is the draw, online bullying and abuse is the negative. When the mix is right this is a good place. When it’s not this is a very unhappy place.

Let's just say there's a list I won't divulge.

My draw back in was loneliness and I miss the friends on here.

Sometimes, this place just gets to me. The drama. The back stabbing. Sheesh.

But, like I always say: It's like Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. Most people come back, as themselves or as an alt. Funny how this place is a home away from home, an escape, for so many of us. Why is that?

Obviously family and work supercede Lit. When they require more of me, they get it.

And, when this stops being fun, I take a break. When I've been away long enough, I cum back. :D

I wasn't mature enough to deal with the realities of Lit. There are some really good things about this place, some great people and a lot of interesting, sexy, funny things to read and look at. Some of the people who've come and gone over the years have been really good friends who helped me feel better about myself.

I left because I couldn't deal with the negatives of Lit. The fake, cliquish, backstabbing, shallow, hurtful bs. But now I stay because some people have told me that I help them in the ways that others have helped me. I've left and come back and left and come back, been gone for years at a time and somehow it stays the same.

At a certain point, it's that which keeps me here. That no matter how you see it, Literotica is always the same. The names and faces change, but it stays itself.

Obviously family and work supercede Lit. When they require more of me, they get it.

And, when this stops being fun, I take a break. When I've been away long enough, I cum back. :D

This.

I have had a couple of extended breaks but only to get things IRL taken care of. There is a good chance in a month or so I may not log in for a bit but I have something on my plate that is going to take a lot of my time and attention.

Lit will always take a backseat to life.

This.

I have had a couple of extended breaks but only to get things IRL taken care of. There is a good chance in a month or so I may not log in for a bit but I have something on my plate that is going to take a lot of my time and attention.

Lit will always take a backseat to life.

Boom. High five!

I was fairly active on here for a while, but RL got in the way and I stopped posting. Nothing sinister. I still come back to visit every now and again, but don't post often anymore. Most of the people I used to interact with seem to have moved on as well.

Been on and off for years
Left last time because I got a load of abuse from some woman. Has happened again but I just thought what a sad lonely women

That's terrible that you have to put up with someone else's vitriolic attitudes on here - supposed to be an open minded site with acceptance of all types.... so much for that. I trust you don't have to put up with it too often..... :rose::kiss:

l haven't gone yet...and when l do l won't return.

If only I had your strength of resolve..... I keep coming back here much like a bad penny keeps showing up..... last time I told myself not to come back.... obviously lost that argument with myself.....

Last edited:
Life got too busy for several years & I lurked a bit for a while again, lol. Screwed up & had to make a new account because I can't get into the original email I registered with but oh well.

Me got arrested by the grammer and speling police a couple of times, but I got out on bail pretty fast like!

Back