Anyone lift weights???

nicewon4u

Really Experienced
Do any women or men on this site lift weights? I am older and I can see what age/time and gravity do to one's body! I refuse to be a wimpy woman!!!! I can lift 50 pounds with ease!!
Sunshiny Sunday to you!

mine are at 2kg and I struggle after 2 minutes.

EDIT: sometimes I get bored in my pre-morning work outs and dance with them but doubt it does anything to aid my regime.

EDITEDIT: I am a "wimpy" woman and am incredibly offended at your refusal to be one.

I hear ya I don't want to get to soft and outta shape either gravity's a bitch

Workout program

I was 47 and feeling like I had gotten out of shape last fall. I started doing a fitness program that includes weight training, strength training, skills training and conditioning. It's a scalable workout so can be done by men or woman, and people just getting started all the way up to professional athletes. The part I like about it that it has transferred to everyday activities with more strength and energy.

Pm me if you would like more details.

Do any women or men on this site lift weights? I am older and I can see what age/time and gravity do to one's body! I refuse to be a wimpy woman!!!! I can lift 50 pounds with ease!!
Sunshiny Sunday to you!

I lift weights and work out in swim pool

shaping up

I keep my body in decent shape as a matter of fact I am going to lift today i'll show you the results in 6 months or so

Hit the gym about four time a week.

And bike, hike or trail run the other days.

I got to the gym 5 days a week and lift at least 3 of them. I would say I am pretty close to being in the best shape of my life. 34yr Male, 5'11 165lbs. Working out just keeps my mind clear!

I lift weights but without any major goals other than staying toned. For example, I have been doing 3 sets of 15 repetitions for bicep curls at 30 lbs. I've been using the same amount of weight for at least 3 years. I guess it's a plateau but I'm not interested in straining my muscles, consuming more protein, etc

lift weights

about a year and a half ago i joined a class at the gym called silver sneakers and it has done wonders for me. it's cardio and strength training and stretching and balancing. it's for people over 60 so you're in a class with people in the same fix....trying to stay in shape...when i look in the mirror i really notice the difference in my muscle tone and how good i feel. and mmmmm the 2 trainers we have are sure some nice eye candy to.

Sunshiny Sunday to you!

I used to enjoy placing heavy books on my lap when travelling on public transport with my girlfriend and embarrassing her by making them bounce up and down.

Does that count?

Excellent exercise though and for the only muscles that really count.

I too had been on a really great weights workout but fell off the wagon over the last two months after a temporary increase in my working hours. Damnit. However, I'm back on the programme this week.

http://www.girlsgonestrong.com is a good site for information and links.

I generally go to a gym 5/6 times a week and yoga or pilates the other day. I cant do rest days as my guilt is to much.

Sunshiny Sunday to you!

I don't lift weights per say, I do go to the gym 3 times a week, play golf and ski.
My avatar is a picture of me taken around 2008, and you can see the shape I am in.

I do a few machines here and there at the gym however it's much more entertaining watching others lift ....the noises and facial expressions get me every time :)

I love lifting weights. I started back in highschool and I've been doing it ever since. Not lifting weights makes me grumpy.

I lift weights .. it's a lot of fun! I wish I liked doing cardio as much as I like lifting weights :)

Sunshiny Sunday to you!
Does lifting myself count ?

Back