Conservatives complain about a problem they created.

"If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Representative Todd Akin

"I think she's most qualified of any that has run recently for vice president, tell you the truth." - John McCain (referring to Sarah Palin in 2008)

''Exercise freaks ... are the ones putting stress on the health care system.''

—Rush Limbaugh

''It may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: 'Sit down and shut up,' but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out.''

—Sarah Palin, quitting her job as governor

''I hope that's not where we're going, but you know if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn this country around? I'll tell you the first thing we need to do is take Harry Reid out.''

—Sharron Angle, the Tea Party candidate who won the Republican nomination in Nevada's Senate primary, floating the possibility of armed insurrection, interview with right-wing talk radio host Lars Larson in Portland, OR, January 2010

You really don't want to start a "Stupid Sound Bites" war do you cj?

Ishmael

Define conservative.

Johnny defines it thusly:

Gun-owners are insecure. They're bad people, hm-kay?

Gold is bad, you can't eat it, hm-kay?

Religion is bad because it embarrasses conservatives, hm-kay?

Government is good because of its regulatory powers, hm-kay?

True conservatives are on the cutting edge of Social Issues, hm-kay?

My ideal conservative is Nancy Pelosi, hm-kay?

;)

So maybe you should be having a conversation with the true conservatives of the board or put some names to your straw man argument.
A_J's corollary #14, “The Modern Moderate/Conservative is defined by the enthusiasm, and self-congratulatory cries of ‘reasonable,” displayed in taking up a position held by the New Age Liberal after they have abandoned that hard-won cultural victory for one even more to the Left.”

Defined as those who labeled themselves conservatives and wrote the letter.

so this isn't about those idiotic, ham fisted zero tolerance rules?

maude_think_of_the_children.jpg

You really don't want to start a "Stupid Sound Bites" war do you cj?

Ishmael

There is no way you're winning one of those wars... just you guys alone on here say enough stupid shit EVERY DAY that we win the "hey, the other side are a buncha morons" war.

There is no way you're winning one of those wars... just you guys alone on here say enough stupid shit EVERY DAY that we win the "hey, the other side are a buncha morons" war.

First of all fucktard, I wasn't talking to you. Secondly, Pelosi is good for two pages all on her lonesome. Barney is good for another two. And that's just for starters.

Ishmael

First of all fucktard, I wasn't talking to you. Secondly, Pelosi is good for two pages all on her lonesome. Barney is good for another two. And that's just for starters.

Ishmael

If you want a one-on-one convo, take it to PM.

Otherwise, be a man and stop whining like a pathetic bitch when someone disagrees with you. This is a message board, numbnuts. You have no say over who can post in a thread.

give a democrat $10 and they will spend $20.

give obama $10 and he will spend $10,000 and demand more

I think everyone should stop trying to fix the blame and concentrate on FIXING THE PROBLEM!

I think everyone should stop trying to fix the blame and concentrate on FIXING THE PROBLEM!

this is the root problem with liberals/the obama kind. they have no idea how to fix anything. the only thing these less fortunates know how to do is spend other people's money

Ishmael

LOL...Thanks for the kind words. :rolleyes:

I don't care who you were talking to, say stupid shit, have it called. Simple as that. I know you're just another of the big mouthed shriveled sac club, so I expect nothing different.

You can have all the political differences ya like and I'd probably agree with you on many... but for outright lunacy, the right wins in a landslide. Just look here, ya got Jerryinflorida, Bunny, AJ, Miles, Vette, You...etc etc etc. It's no contest.

If you don't like me calling you on it, too bad.

That's the problem: Each side doesn't like the fix the other side is portrayed as wanting.
The right simply dismisses the left's solution as Tax & Spend
The left see the right's solution as Fuck the Poor, the Rich Deserve More.

Neither side seems willing to admit the flaws, based on already demonstrated outcomes, in programs already extent. Admitting one's flaws is perceived as tantamount to declaring the other side vindicated, which is completely false.
No one seems willing to admit if the other side has any validity in their position.

Until people are willing to drop their preconceptions and discard ideology for pragmatism, the impasse will remain and the problems get worse.

Ishmael

Barney fought the whistle blowers and single-handedly prevented the reforms that could have stopped the burst of the housing bubble...

Back