Women only: In Defense of Abstinence...

amicus

Literotica Guru
In every society it is women who determine the moral and ethical content of day to day life and social interactions.

A woman says, yes, or no, and that sets the moral standard.

I address this to the women of the GB rather than everyone, as I perceive the woman as being the object of sexual attention.

It is their form we view, it is their appearance we observe, it is their erogenous zones we desire and again, to a question asked, the answer can be yes or no.

It would appear to this lowly male, in the presence of women, that a woman would cherish her body and limit access, according to her....whims? Or perhpas she has acquired a moral code from somewhere which guides her choices and actions.

If you are locked into the feminist race to be as promiscuous as men, then perhaps I am asking the wrong question of the wrong gender.

Some things to consider:

http://www.teen-aid.org/Abstinence_...al_argument_for_abstinence_and_commitment.htm

http://my180degrees.org/WhyAbstinenceEd.html

Here are some resources for data that show abstinence education is having a positive and effective impact on teenagers and young adults.
• Abstinence-only program helps kids postpone sex
• Abstinence & Marriage: A Clear Link
• Zogby International Poll:
Parental Support for Abstinence Education
• LA Times "Abstinence-only classes may be effective for young teens"
• More Evidence of the Effectiveness of Abstinence Education Programs
• Comprehensive Sex Education vs. Authentic Abstinence
• Abstinence programs reaffirmed through research

~~~

Of course these are biased resources, I am making my case, not yours.

I hold that no sex before marriage is an effective moral code to live by.

Amicus (duck and cover):rose:

Amicus is just bitter because he was conceived in a French brothel during the Battle of the Somme.

Amicus, you seem to focus, from.what I've seen, on females and feminism. Are you a feminist? It always amazes me how men will focus on feminism, especially on an adult sex forum. Just curious.

Marriage, education French brothels? As a collective, quite creative, as individuals, just pukes.

The highest STD rate in teenagers ever, the highest abortion rate in teenagers ever, the highest single mother births among teenagers ever?

You don't think maybe your philosophy and ethical system is fucked?

Amicus

In every society it is women who determine the moral and ethical content of day to day life and social interactions.

No they're not... men by and large are the ones who create laws dictating the morality of women.. and have done so historically

A woman says, yes, or no, and that sets the moral standard.

also not true.. eitherwise sexual assault would no longer exist... and if a woman says yes to abortion, men go out of their way to create laws that force " no" down their throats

I address this to the women of the GB rather than everyone, as I perceive the woman as being the object of sexual attention.

It is their form we view, it is their appearance we observe, it is their erogenous zones we desire and again, to a question asked, the answer can be yes or no.

It would appear to this lowly male, in the presence of women, that a woman would cherish her body and limit access, according to her....whims? Or perhpas she has acquired a moral code from somewhere which guides her choices and actions..

the not wanting to be raped or having other people dictate what she can do with her body moral code?

If you are locked into the feminist race to be as promiscuous as men, then perhaps I am asking the wrong question of the wrong gender..

so... men can fuck around.. but if women do, it's evil feminism? you're not asking the wrong question.. you're giving the misogynist answer

dude, you're seriously using a site that has no acreditation and links to religous sites.. as proof?

and then a site which links religous universities as " success" programs? seriously?

Of course these are biased resources, I am making my case, not yours..

of course they're biased... they arent based in fact

I hold that no sex before marriage is an effective moral code to live by..

dude, their was premarital sex as far back as ancient Egypt... mankind somehow manages survive year after year

meanwhile..on planet Earth

http://www.guttmacher.org/media/inthenews/2007/04/18/index.html

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...nence-only-programs-fall-short-of-teens-needs

or better yes, since you have a decided lack of interest in actually looking at links...here's the short hand from the wiki

Evidence has not supported the effective use of abstinence-only sex education.[1] It has been found to be ineffective in decreasing HIV risk in the developed world,[2] and increases the rates of unplanned pregnancy.[3]

According to SIECUS, the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, an organization that promotes comprehensive sex education[13] in the United States,[14] a "...study, conducted by Mathematica Policy Research Inc. on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, found that abstinence-only-until-marriage programs are ineffective."[15] In 2007, the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy published an overview of policy and research on "programs designed to prevent teen pregnancy and STD/HIV" titled Emerging Answers 2007.[16] The report included a comprehensive metastudy examining research on the efficacy of abstinence-only as well as comprehensive sex education. Despite "[t]wo less rigorous studies suggest[ing] that abstinence programs may have some positive effects on sexual behavior", Emerging Answers concluded that "studies of abstinence programs have not produced sufficient evidence to justify their widespread dissemination." In contrast, the report judged the evidence for comprehensive sex education favorably, finding it effective for a wide range of students.

A federally-funded University of Pennsylvania study published in the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine found that only one third of sixth- and seventh-graders who completed abstinence-focused programs had sex within the next two years, compared to nearly half of the students who attended other classes, including ones that taught combined abstinence and contraception.[17] Critics pointed out that the abstinence program used in the study was not representative of most abstinence programs; it did not take a moralistic tone, encouraged children to delay sex until ready instead of until married, did not portray extramarital sex as inappropriate, and did not disparage contraceptives. The sample groups were also exclusively African-American and therefore not demographically representative of the entire population.[18]

A 2010 report by the Guttmacher Institute pointed out that pregnancy rates for teens 15-19 reversed their decline in 2006, near the peak of the Abstinence Only campaign in the United States.[19] Sarah Kliff of Newsweek pointed out that there was no corresponding "indication of an uptick" in teen pregnancy rates when abstinence-only sex education funding was increased during the Clinton years, but in fact a small decline.[20] James Wagoner, president of the nonprofit group Advocates for Youth, blames the poor quality of Bush era abstinence-only programs as compared to abstinence-only programs under Clinton's administration for the difference in outcomes.[21]

Amicus (duck and cover):rose:

of course you're ducking and covering,,, because facts are as scary and deadly as bullets to you

Ami, you're getting old.
What? I should stay at home, like the dutiful wife, and submit to my husbands sexual desires as and when he feels the need?
And should I find myself in a hysteria of sexual need, I should then go and get myself 'cured' of this by some arcane method such as clitorectomy or electro-shock therapy?

Bullshit.

Abstinence simply doesn't work.....
Hell, your country teaches it, and yet here you are - teenage mums, std's, etc.

Which bit of 'This isn't working' do you not understand???

I hold that no sex before marriage is an effective moral code to live by.

Well, la di da.

So is getting fucked in the arse on wednesdays by your church elders if that happens to be the moral code you were raised to believe is true.

Somebody send Ami a premium designer buttplug on X'mas for the loose and leaky new browneye Babysitter just ripped him.

Amicus, you seem to focus, from.what I've seen, on females and feminism. Are you a feminist? It always amazes me how men will focus on feminism, especially on an adult sex forum. Just curious.

~~~

An assumption I give once to everty new person I meet, that yours is a legitimate question....why would a man not be interested in females? They are the most fascinating critters on the planet; totally unpredictable and utterly lovely.

And where else would one hope to find open minded, educated women who might speak of themselves? Well, most here are one way girls. so not much real information is garnered, I can do better on psychology today most times.

I also write romantica, explicit romance stories and sometimes I get a plot bunny from here, not often.

Truist your curiosity is satisfied?

How could you join in 2012 and have so many Posts?

just curious

amcus:rose:

why would a man not be interested in females? They are the most fascinating critters on the planet

"critters."

tumblr_lvr6ssUq4Q1r5jtugo1_400.gif

Yes, y'all. This is the real mind of this motherfucker right here. Comparing women to woodchucks or kangaroo rats or some other rodent-related animal.

~~~

An assumption I give once to everty new person I meet, that yours is a legitimate question....why would a man not be interested in females? They are the most fascinating critters on the planet; totally unpredictable and utterly lovely.

And where else would one hope to find open minded, educated women who might speak of themselves? Well, most here are one way girls. so not much real information is garnered, I can do better on psychology today most times.

I also write romantica, explicit romance stories and sometimes I get a plot bunny from here, not often.

Truist your curiosity is satisfied?

How could you join in 2012 and have so many Posts?

just curious

amcus:rose:

One way girls? You must not get around Lit very much. As for as curiosity goes, I guess your answer was as good as anything. There are plenty of critters of all kinds on Lit, not necessarily all female. My post number is just a number. :)

No they're not... men by and large are the ones who create laws dictating the morality of women.. and have done so historically

It is not laws or legislation of which I speak, it is the individual woman who decides who has access to her.

also not true.. eitherwise sexual assault would no longer exist... and if a woman says yes to abortion, men go out of their way to create laws that force " no" down their throats

Abortion is murder, premditated taking olf life without due process, cause or reason. Rape is also a crime. Become a cop.

the not wanting to be raped or having other people dictate what she can do with her body moral code?

Women need protectoin in any society, even in prison there is rape.

so... men can fuck around.. but if women do, it's evil feminism? you're not asking the wrong question.. you're giving the misogynist answer

Other than STD's men suffer few consequences from promiscuity, women, many. and so it has always been and will be.

dude, you're seriously using a site that has no acreditation and links to religous sites.. as proof?

I did not offer it as proof, merely as an opening info piece. and 'dude' is what, 60's slang?

and then a site which links religous universities as " success" programs? seriously?

Religion has been and still is the major purveyor of moral values in the world, dummy, wake up!

of course they're biased... they arent based in fact

dude, their was premarital sex as far back as ancient Egypt... mankind somehow manages survive year after year

No shit? wow, whoduathunkit?
meanwhile..on planet Earth

http://www.[B]guttmacher[/B].org/media/inthenews/2007/04/18/index.html

stfuhypocrisy: nikosnature: stfuhypocrisy: ...

Jun 12, 2012 ... Go to the Guttmacher Institute. Think it's just a left-wing propaganda machine? Fine. Check out THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, which, ...

My source was open about affiliation, you tried to sneak a lefty in...shame on you.
http://health.usnews.com/health-new...nence-only-programs-fall-short-of-teens-needs

or better yes, since you have a decided lack of interest in actually looking at links...here's the short hand from the wiki

Evidence has not supported the effective use of abstinence-only sex education.[1] It has been found to be ineffective in decreasing HIV risk in the developed world,[2] and increases the rates of unplanned pregnancy.[3]

According to SIECUS, the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, an organization that promotes comprehensive sex education[13] in the United States,[14] a "...study, conducted by Mathematica Policy Research Inc. on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, found that abstinence-only-until-marriage programs are ineffective."[15] In 2007, the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy published an overview of policy and research on "programs designed to prevent teen pregnancy and STD/HIV" titled Emerging Answers 2007.[16] The report included a comprehensive metastudy examining research on the efficacy of abstinence-only as well as comprehensive sex education. Despite "[t]wo less rigorous studies suggest[ing] that abstinence programs may have some positive effects on sexual behavior", Emerging Answers concluded that "studies of abstinence programs have not produced sufficient evidence to justify their widespread dissemination." In contrast, the report judged the evidence for comprehensive sex education favorably, finding it effective for a wide range of students.

A federally-funded University of Pennsylvania study published in the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine found that only one third of sixth- and seventh-graders who completed abstinence-focused programs had sex within the next two years, compared to nearly half of the students who attended other classes, including ones that taught combined abstinence and contraception.[17] Critics pointed out that the abstinence program used in the study was not representative of most abstinence programs; it did not take a moralistic tone, encouraged children to delay sex until ready instead of until married, did not portray extramarital sex as inappropriate, and did not disparage contraceptives. The sample groups were also exclusively African-American and therefore not demographically representative of the entire population.[18]

A 2010 report by the Guttmacher Institute pointed out that pregnancy rates for teens 15-19 reversed their decline in 2006, near the peak of the Abstinence Only campaign in the United States.[19] Sarah Kliff of Newsweek pointed out that there was no corresponding "indication of an uptick" in teen pregnancy rates when abstinence-only sex education funding was increased during the Clinton years, but in fact a small decline.[20] James Wagoner, president of the nonprofit group Advocates for Youth, blames the poor quality of Bush era abstinence-only programs as compared to abstinence-only programs under Clinton's administration for the difference in outcomes.[21]

of course you're ducking and covering,,, because facts are as scary and deadly as bullets to you

No, because of shit slingers like you.

~~~

I am amused at being called outdated and old fashioned, I thought you were just lovingly teasing me, but, my, oh, my,you young shits really don't know any thing, do you? You are truly ignorant and have never been taught to acutally think for yourselves, using fundamental truths and assumptions and building a logical and raitonal argument. You just throw it all out and hope something sticks.

Keep trying, sugar plum, ya little dickens! heh

the old but viable, amicus:rose:

One way girls? You must not get around Lit very much. As for as curiosity goes, I guess your answer was as good as anything. There are plenty of critters of all kinds on Lit, not necessarily all female. My post number is just a number. :)

~~~

I could have been more clear, one way girls, please interpret as left wing, liberals, I suppose few respectable women frequent this forum.

amicus

Well, la di da.

So is getting fucked in the arse on wednesdays by your church elders if that happens to be the moral code you were raised to believe is true.

~~~

There are criminals in costumes as well as drag, sweety.

You really believe the shit that spills out of you, don't you? Such a good command of the language but no brain behind it, a waste.

Amicus

ami gives me shit for sneaking a "lefty " in... whilst complete ignoring he " snuck " in two religous right organizations.... hello kettle, i'm pot, and you are black

he also doesnt get that women can say no all they want, but rape still occurs... he still also doesnt get that its men who have created the laws that govern women's bodies

and how is abortion murder... show me something that isnt an opinion to defend your case.. or did you go to the same school Akin did about when it comes to a how a woman's body works

yes, rape occurs in prison... but people dont go to jail for raping in jail.. they go to jail for raping women, so that they can go to jail to rape

and as for men suffering from promiscuity.. that wasn't the point.. you blame feminism for promiscuity.. yet at no point have you ever blamed men for their own promiscuity... you blame women for both... that's what makes you a misogynist

religon hasnt been the source of morals in the world.. family and parents have.. religon has been the the number one cause of war and genocide and covering up pedophiles, ...seriously.. read a book sometime dumbass

you of course dont actually comment on what was stated in the wiki, because it completely refutes your entire claims

nothing you said actually refutes anything I stated... because you used opinion... I stated facts

you can call me a dumbshit who doesnt know anything.... but untill you actually present something that is based on fact and not religon or opinion all you are doing is showing your complete lack knowledge on the issue

translation... step up, or shut up

~~~

I could have been more clear, one way girls, please interpret as left wing, liberals, I suppose few respectable women frequent this forum.

amicus

You don't get around, do you? :)

I guess the General Board is a safe place to hang out.
:rose:

Back